I'm graduating this december and I got a job offer!!! Will be working for FactSet. I can't believe it. This is so crazy. Thanks everyone for helping me when in need. I'm just so happy :)

regards firstPerson

Ancient Dragon commented: Good work :) +0

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Well done!

Congratulation!!~.. ^^

awesome!
how did you get the offer anyway?

Congrats.......

One of the things I've noticed that you don't run into with school work or working on your own projects...

Particularly in the case of older-aged employees--they may have a problem but not have a clue in the world about how to explain it to you. Normally they might ramble on and on about irrelevant details and the only part of concern is a few words out of it.

Now you may be tempted to try to come up with something using this limited knowledge of the problem (and the solution), but don't do it! It is imperative that you squeeze the information out of them somehow, otherwise it just won't be possible to do it right and it could make you look bad. Make sure you get the information you need!

Hope it helps, lol.

Particularly in the case of older-aged employees--they may have a problem but not have a clue in the world about how to explain it to you. Normally they might ramble on and on about irrelevant details and the only part of concern is a few words out of it.

Actually, that sounds a lot like students trying to explain their problems with homework. ;) It's also very common even with younger employees in the real world because the problems tend to be complex.

Make sure you get the information you need!

I think that applies across the board. If you don't have the information you need, you can't do much that's productive.

Thanks everyone.

>>how did you get the offer anyway?

It started from the carrer fair in my school, the liked my resume. Did a phone interview; passed it. Did a onsite interview with like 20 other candidates, and thankfully I got the job!

>>One of the things I've noticed that you don't run into with school work or working on your own projects...

I'm not sure what you are trying to convey with your previous post?

Cheers and best of luck in your career:)

Congratulations!

I just got word that I might be recalled from furlough next week - if it happens we should have a celebratory beer together in different bars.

Congratulations!

I just got word that I might be recalled from furlough next week - if it happens we should have a celebratory beer together in different bars.

hahah good luck man. As for the bar, I started a little early. Hope you don't mind!

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Keep chugging away... And good luck with your new job, it's a great compliment during these current economic conditions, where it seems... everyone is losing their jobs.

Congrats! As iamthwee pointed out, even people with experience are having a hard time keeping their jobs now, so it's great you were able to get a job right out of school.

I got lucky I guess!!!

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>I got lucky I guess!!!

Luck has rarely anything to do with it. People who are successful tend to follow a certain flow of action. For example, if you landed that job without any prior knowledge of computing/programming... THAT would be lucky.

Chances are you worked hard with programming, sometimes even completely failing with what you were trying to put across. But you learned from those mistakes and have become the person you are today.

That's what separates the winners from the losers. It's pretty much the same in all walks of life, whether you want to be the CEO of some super organisation or whether you want to have a hot chick down on her knees grabbing on your junk.

Without a strategy and without following through you're just another nodding-jack-who-knows-it-all, but hasn't really achieved anything substantial.

I'm sure we all know a person like this...

Cheers mate - congrats again, I just got word that the recall is for 20 people and I start on Monday. I am a 'seasonal' employee, roughly 6 months on, 6 off; I was offered permanent status 2 years ago and turned it down, still not sure whether that was a good choice or not. If I can take some glass blowing classes next summer, it will help me feel better about it.

>I got lucky I guess!!!

Luck has rarely anything to do with it. People who are successful tend to follow a certain flow of action. For example, if you landed that job without any prior knowledge of computing/programming... THAT would be lucky.

Chances are you worked hard with programming, sometimes even completely failing with what you were trying to put across. But you learned from those mistakes and have become the person you are today.

That's what separates the winners from the losers. It's pretty much the same in all walks of life, whether you want to be the CEO of some super organisation or whether you want to have a hot chick down on her knees grabbing on your junk.

Without a strategy and without following through you're just another nodding-jack-who-knows-it-all, but hasn't really achieved anything substantial.

I'm sure we all know a person like this...

Thanks for information but I was trying to be modest lol. Of course in actuality, I have spent my college years plus my hobbies time to learn and better myself at this profession, where the first 2 years were pure obsession. Anyways, virtual drinks on me!

*                           )   *
                  )     *      (
        )        (                   (
       (          )     (             )
        )    *           )        )  (
       (                (        (      *
        )          H     )        )
                  [ ]            (
           (  *   |-|       *     )    (
     *      )     |_|        .          )
           (      | |    .  
     )           /   \     .    ' .        *
    (           |_____|  '  .    .  
     )          | ___ |  \~~~/  ' .   (
            *   | \ / |   \_/  \~~~/   )
                | _Y_ |    |    \_/   (
    *     jgs   |-----|  __|__   |      *
                `-----`        __|__

Congrats, firstPerson. All the best for your professional life.

I hope this works:
nope doesn't work so click on image

good luck

best of luck to you for your good job

Congratulations!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.