Heeey ,

i wanna know what Mac Mini do SIMPLY ,i watched many videos and i couldn't get it .
ohh yeah u need to know that i'm not that much in technology but i love to be updated with new things =))

thx

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

I thought the general idea with Apple was that it doesn't matter what is does; as long as it looks damn good doing it ;)

Heeey ,

i wanna know what Mac Mini do SIMPLY ,i watched many videos and i couldn't get it .
ohh yeah u need to know that i'm not that much in technology but i love to be updated with new things =))

thx

It is small portable desktop, you just need monitor, keyboard and mouse for it. Like any of these barebones pc that you may see in pc stores that looks like your hi-fi mini system

i wanna know what Mac Mini do SIMPLY

It's a gimped Mac intended to fit the target market of a cheap computer with a small form factor. What does it do? Everything a regular computer does, just slower. ;)

Considering you can get a quad-core sandy-bridge i7, with up to 16G of ram, not really sure how it's much slower than a normal computer. But you can believe what you want :D

Considering you can get a quad-core sandy-bridge i7, with up to 16G of ram, not really sure how it's much slower than a normal computer. But you can believe what you want :D

Nifty. Last I looked at them (as a cheap option to get my foot in the door of Macs) they were pretty crappy.

Plus it's white and shiny and has a big ass apple logo. Who can resist! :icon_smile:

Plus it's white and shiny and has a big ass apple logo. Who can resist! :icon_smile:

I do, cannot even compete with my 2 years old gaming rig LOL

Yeah, they definitely aren't up to spec with most enthusiast builds, but they are easily comparable to any computer you would find under $1k at a retail store.

We actually have one in our office and use it as continuous integration server running TeamCity that is hooked into our SVN, plus printer sharing connection point and randomly as desktop for new starting colleagues before they get company laptop

Yeah, they definitely aren't up to spec with most enthusiast builds, but they are easily comparable to any computer you would find under $1k at a retail store.

Except they're made to run Mac OS and Mac OS sucks, try maximizing a window or playing Quake III on it. Better forget your hopes and dreams of eye-bleeding graphics in video games and buy the console Microsoft made for you people.

Also, lolol try maximizing a window or tell me about your file system?

commented: Mac OS is mac os not Mac OSX! +0

Now you get into software, and that's where people differ. OS X is a great OS, but some people don't like it. I love it personally.

without the software, the hardware is useless. And MacOS is indeed useless for the purpose he mentions.

The only reason I'd consider a Mac Mini is when my print/file server dies, as it is quiet, small, and doesn't use a lot of power so I can just stuff it in a cupboard somewhere and forget about it for 3 years.
But I'm more likely to buy a similarly priced micro-PC running Linux or Windows for the purpose, or use an old laptop or netbook I've sitting idle.

And MacOS is indeed useless for the purpose he mentions.

we have no idea what he needs it for... It is just that discussion after it grow in other directions :)

Heeey ,

thx

we have no idea what he needs it for... It is just that discussion after it grow in other directions :)

pseudorandom mentioned it being useless to play Quake III :)

pseudorandom mentioned it being useless to play Quake III :)

He is not OP (this is page 2), pseudorandom is just random Windows user giving silly ideas, plus his research skills can be questionable...

Yeah I never google anything, just spout random crap at times (as long as it doesn't matter anyway).

page number is relative to the number of posts you configure to be displayed per page :)

Let's keep it at: a mac mini can be useless for specific purposes :)

Well, considering all Mac computer hardware can run windows natively, this entire conversation is a moot point.

Great , thx alot =)

Oky let me join the troll too.
when Mr.Job dead , the icon is no longer a apple.It's zombicated and demonized !
the new symbol is big Halloween pumpkin ! :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.