Hello! I'm a network student starting for 3rd year. I would like to get some advice on final year project ideas relating to networking. I'm not that confident with programming.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello! I'm a network student starting for 3rd year. I would like to get some advice on final year project ideas relating to networking. I'm not that confident with programming.

Hello..
If you really want to impress people you should show how to upgrade to IPv6, which in itself easy but people are putting it off, so if you can do it... Or else there was a nasty bit on network world floating around about an IPv6 bug that crashes windows and OSX machines connected to the same segment (think wifi access point). You'll need backtrack linux to demonstrate it unless you fully understand the problem and have some impressive python skills in your pocket. If you want to go uber technical, talk about a protocol.

Another option is Setting up a private WoW game server, Upload your game server to a host. Get your friends and friends of friends into the game. Check ingame lag against connection speed. Find the corelationship and tweak accordingly. So far private game servers have been hosted without much scientific research into the networking issues. This is as good a time as any to do an academic study on the matter.

best of luck,
Jackie.

Another option is Setting up a private WoW game server, Upload your game server to a host. Get your friends and friends of friends into the game. Check ingame lag against connection speed. Find the corelationship and tweak accordingly. So far private game servers have been hosted without much scientific research into the networking issues. This is as good a time as any to do an academic study on the matter.

Which is a violation of the EULA and is technically illegal.

commented: keep it up to find calprits +0

What about some sort of distributed storage system, that uses IP tables to locate and map drives. Going along the samba line.

What about some sort of distributed storage system, that uses IP tables to locate and map drives. Going along the samba line.

thanks for your advice. I'll talk to my supervisor about it.
what do you think of a telnet/ssh remote configuration tool for mobile phone?
or a network traffic management system?

the best kind of project is the one you think of yourself.
choose one you can do using the techniques you've learned. since we don't know your curriculum, don't expect us to know the ins- and outs of it.
choose a subject that you're interested in, thus avoiding getting 'bored of the subject'.
most importantly, convince your professors that you know what (or at least something) you can do with the knowledge you have.

if your future employer tells you "we have this problem, solve it!!"
he doesn't mean: "hey, go spread the word that we have this problem, and ask who-ever you come across whether they know a solution.", he's saying: "tell me now what it'll take, how long it 'll take and that you'll get it done."

Hello,my name is Aliyu,i need a project proposal on a topic the role of military in nation peace building and conflict resolution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.