Member Avatar for diafol

Pterothea in Welsh Myth is a winged deity... i want to have wings hehehehe :D

Really? I'm Welsh and have never heard of it.
We don't have 'Pt' at the beginning of names - not even a nasal or aspirate mutation has this - and it doesn't resemble any word of which I know in Welsh or of any bastardized form. Sounds Greek to me. I'm intrigued, could you pass on a reference for the myth?

Really? I'm Welsh and have never heard of it.
We don't have 'Pt' at the beginning of names - not even a nasal or aspirate mutation has this - and it doesn't resemble any word of which I know in Welsh or of any bastardized form. Sounds Greek to me. I'm intrigued, could you pass on a reference for the myth?

Hi...i read it from an old dictionary i have...but let me try and double check it maybe i got it wrong :(

@ptherothya comes from pterothea you said
ptero means wing in Greek, think of a flying dino a pterosaurus.
thea means godess in Greek.
So ptherothya looks to me more like a fantasy name from some sort of mytic adventure game.

Plus ProblembetweentheKeyboardandchair was way too long.

Is subgroup of error ID10T - PEBKAC; problem exists between keyboard and chair

My user name is related to my home state and the hosting company that I stand behind.

Edit: Sorry, looks like my phone accidentally posted this midway through composing my response. Didn't notice until I'd posted the one below... I hate this phone sometimes. It has a mind of it's own!

Mine's fairly self explanatory. My name is Jason and Hippy is a nickname my friends gave me many years ago. Partly due to the long hair and beard I've been sporting since my teens and partly due to the fact I was vegetarian back then!

I'm in my 30's now. The long hair is long gone and I'm not vegetarian anymore. But the nickname has stuck!

>>Partly due to the long hair and beard I've been sporting since my teens

In otherwords, you got married and wify told you either all that hair goes or she does :)

But the nickname has stuck!

well, if you keep using it yourself, how do you expect it to "go away"? :)

Member Avatar for CriticalError

You've seen me before on Windows, usually like to annoy people :)

I'd like to say it's a reference to Alan Lerner, who was a playwright and author of the play Camelot, about a utopian mythical kingdom, based on the book "The Once and Future King". But, in reality, it's a phonetic spelling of learner, since there's always something I want to learn, but given a megalomaniacal twist by an utilitarian capitilization.

AlmostBob

almost as much fun as B.O.B.
take the embarrassment
embrace it
make it your own
annoy the hell out of your smart-a*** kids

Started karate years ago. Then a site called dojo.ro. From there I started calling myself dojo. The 'name' stuck, so now, online, I'm dojo.

For me I live on an Island off the cost of Nova Scotia Canada , called Cape Breton ,the main landers call us Capers, my mother gave me the nicname of jack when i was a young boy ,so i combined the 2 ,Caperjack

Username is my favorite player!

I was dully my own first name and middle initial due to populárity of the name. Then I joined my favorite language sign with my name and the combination happens to be Python in Polish, so why not. (even I have not much connection to that country). Also python (the animal) is spelled pyton in Finnish.

First part is simple, my name is mike. The second part is an enigma for you guys. 2000 taken to the power 17 is about the total mass of the observable universe measured in grams. No, actually 2000 bitshifted 17 times writes FA00000 in hex which is cool. I'm kidding, seriously, 2000 and 17 is the longitude and lattitude of this private island that I own. Muhuahaha, you'll never figure out what it means!

Also python (the animal) is spelled pyton in Finnish.

Yeah, when a finnish colleague of mine proposed to use "pyton" for a project we had, said in the finnish pronounciation, it took me a while to realize he was talking about Python. Minä rakastan Suomi, mutta se on mahdotonta oppia suomea!

I was just came in my mind when I was thinking of username for registering Youtube

"First part is simple, my name is mike. The second part is an enigma for you guys. 2000 taken to the power 17 is about the total mass of the observable universe measured in grams. No, actually 2000 bitshifted 17 times writes FA00000 in hex which is cool. I'm kidding, seriously, 2000 and 17 is the longitude and lattitude of this private island that I own. Muhuahaha, you'll never figure out what it means!

Also python (the animal) is spelled pyton in Finnish.
Yeah, when a finnish colleague of mine proposed to use "pyton" for a project we had, said in the finnish pronounciation, it took me a while to realize he was talking about Python. Minä rakastan Suomi, mutta se on mahdotonta oppia suomea!"

Hmmm, hurricane michael ? Occured in the year 2000 on the 17th of october as a tropical storm?

commented: That's an awesome coincidence! +0

It's just my first initial, middle initial, and full last name. I couldn't think of anything else that worked better.

Too lazy to be an evil genius.

That was my original name and i created the account in 2007 .....:)

I was a pirate 25 years ago and boxed a lot. Maybe some older folks might understand what that means.

I miss those days :-)

Mine is simply my surname reversed with boi appended :)

Member Avatar for farstrider

Jain Charin, known as Jain Farstrider is a character from "The Wheel Of Time" by Robert Jordan.

“If you ever meet a Malkieri, you tell him Jain Farstrider died clean.”
—Jain Farstrider

I was always a big fan of Jim Ignatowski on the TV show Taxi. He was also known as Reverend Jim and, since my first name is Richard (I go by my middle name, Jim) and the initials match in both cases (RJ)...

I was always a big fan of Jim Ignatowski on the TV show Taxi.
"Whaaaat dooooeeeees aaaaa yyeellll-llllloooowww llliiiggghhht mmmeeeeaaaaannn?" :)
briliant guy

Sloooooowwwwww doooooooowwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn.

One of my favourite lines was when some society woman had invited him to a fancy luncheon. She ask Jim, "how does squab sound". To which he replied (cupping hands to mouth) "sorta like this... cooo cooo cooo".

I used to play World of Warcraft, and after watching Prince of Persia, I decided to create a Hunter by the Name of Dasttann, who is the main character in the film, I have given up WoW now, but the name sticks, and the 777 is just a couple of random numbers added to the end.

Mine is a school story.

One of my much used name is Jacob. And i have a best friend, On being called by her second name, she revolted and asked to change it, so i came up with something as ASH, and in return for that she gave me Jake after the Jacob of that damn Twilight series.

Well! Last year, I was the captain of squad(500+) Galileo at my school. And she was part of my squad too. So naturally i was called Captain. That later became Captain Jake or CJ. Well! My squad won the Year, and i decided to keep the Name, now i am called CJ or Jake more than my real name.

So here i am Captain Jake

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.