I used to have @david_ellis on Twitter and I thought if I made it shorter people would retweet me more often. (This was before Twitter came up with their new retweet action that doesn't include the posters handle in the character count.) I shortened it to @d5e5 because my first name starts with 'd' and has 5 letters.

anand is my name it means Happy and 01 is my roll no in school,college

my favourite shows character and my favourite show concatenated.

@scassiboi: Hey Issacs!

As an aside, I used to be involved with an early online community in the UK some twenty years ago which generated usernames based upon the actual name of the member registering an account. Somehow I managed to screw up the original registration, not surprising given these were the days of 300 baud modems and acoustic couplers, and when I tried again the original 'dwinder' (my name is Davey Winder) was flagged as unavailable as it had gone into the member database despite that account not being activated successfully. Long story short (too late, I hear you cry) it soimply appended an a to the name and I became 'dwindera' which I kind of liked as it rolled off the tongue somewhat. That username stuck for many years, followed, me around wherever I went, and even ended up on the front page of a national Sunday newspaper when I was interviewed under the headline of 'Meet dwindera and the virtual celebrities of cyberspace'. I migrated from dwindera to Wavey Davey (although I kept the dwindera account until jist a few years back) and eventually ended up as Happygeek.

commented: I like dwindera but happygeek seems to describe you better. +0

my surname is Tudor. LOL

commented: I like that! +0

I was trying to signup for one website or another one day and every username I usually tried was taken. It irritated me so I set out to find a name that was available on all the major sites I used: google/gmail, git, unfuddle, pandora, amazon, twitter, wordpress, microsoft live etc...

I love ancient history so I chose a name that derives from acient greek words but weren't a name used (that I know of) that could be picked up by someone else.

So at the risk of sounding conceded
andro=man
theos=god

hence the user avatar of heracles or hercules if you prefer :-).

Try not to judge me to harshly, my head is not truly that big.

simple, just an anagram of my crush's surname .. though i intend to change it anytime soon to a more meaningful name .. i just haven't think of something good yet.

Mine comes from a character name I used when I first started playing MMO's. I had a bunch of characters, but this was the one that became well known in the guild and circle of players I was involved with. I started using it on the game forum, got an email address and lo and behold Hearth had become my online identity.

I had to come up with a username when I first started playing Socom II about 7 years ago. It was a random thought and therefore a random username. I also go by the name Mordred which is a character from the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

because I laid "dbCooper" to rest when I left PhrozenCrew.

I prioritize outsourcing! :)

I took vegaseat because everything else was already taken.
Las Vegas, great place to eat top notch fine food.

Before I loved to program in C, but now I'm a big fan of Java Script!
My name means C programer....

Member Avatar for Warrens80

Mine is my school username

My name means C programer....

lol. I always thought it meant your name was C.P. Roger, e.g., Cletus Prometheus Roger.

Hotelsinger : I was the lead singer & guitarist for a band called Automatic Hotel. We were achieving success, but then destroyed by drugs and drama! So I'm programming for a living now. (but my new band, Hard Six, is actually selling music, so who knows?)

When I first signed in at daniweb I worked for more than 12 hours a day (including Saturdays and Sundays) in a company taking Cobol programs and turning them to Java. So it were j … everything … jMornings jEvenings jNights and more over my name is Kon so it were jKon …

<M/> - It is just the first letter of my first name within tags...

Is it meta? Does it mean you have no value? ;)

Oh the fun of reading way too much into things.

commented: lol +0

Is it meta? Does it mean you have no value? ;)

Yup... it does now :(

Oh the fun of reading way too much into things.

Oh, that is really fun... until the point where your english teacher gets pissed at you. One time we were talking about english related stuff and we got to a point where it said, "The man was green." The teacher was trying to say that it was describing a characteristic of him being all sinister and wicked and all but I came out of nowhere and said, "or he was green..."

Good times...

It's also a lot easier to spell.

It's also a lot easier to spell.

Hahaha, yep... ;)

Member Avatar for Warrens80

The problem with mine is that it was one that i use for alot of things along with my password.(ಠ⌣ಠ)

Hahaha, yep... ;)

In my case, my real last name looks like a typo. It's one of those two-word Dutch surnames where the first part is all lower case.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.