I have recently had problems with MS Office that involved the Look-in dropdown menu of all of the Office programs. Whenever I use the dropdown menu, the program locks up and I have to use ctrl-alt-del to unlock the program.

I thought of uninstalling and reinstalling Office, but was afraid that I would delete all of my emails in Outlook.

Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I have recently had problems with MS Office that involved the Look-in dropdown menu of all of the Office programs. Whenever I use the dropdown menu, the program locks up and I have to use ctrl-alt-del to unlock the program.

I thought of uninstalling and reinstalling Office, but was afraid that I would delete all of my emails in Outlook.

Any suggestions?

Save your precious emails from outlook on CD or whatever, then do a reinstall?

Failing that reinstall your operating system.

Failing that buy a new comp.

:D

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me where I can find my emails? Also, once I reinstall, will my emails know which folders to go into?

Much appreciated.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>Can you tell me where I can find my emails?

Is this a joke question? In your inbox???

>Also, once I reinstall, will my emails know which folders to go into?

Can't you just copy them back into your inbox? I dunno never used outlook for my emails. Never trusted it. Heh heh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.