[rant]
I'm not voting for anyone who phones me with political message. So if any of those annoying Republican candidates want the job of President, don't call me again. So far, Mitt Romney is on my shit list.
[/rant]

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Is that legal for them to do that?

Member Avatar for CriticalError

No offence, but I hate politics, and I personally hate USA politics, they are always talking about war and how they are going to help Israel. lol Help your own people first, then talk about other countries. in UK our government is total sh** to. The new one has increased our uni fess and everything. Politics is nothing but who wants to be bossy. I think for USA Ron Paul would be the best..For England we need someone new...

Oh and Yeah I did not know the would phone up. I think in UK they do the same when the time comes, but not 100% sure. I think you might need this:

http://www.truecall.co.uk/

US politics is so right wing. And yes, I don't get why they stand by israel, that country is wrong.

US politics is so right wing. And yes, I don't get why they stand by israel, that country is wrong.

Why is it wrong for a people to have a county in their homeland? Afterall, they have been in that area of the country for thousands of years as slaves.

I mean they get away with things that other nations wouldn't. I.e. their expansion,the wall, their covert arms programmes.

I mean they get away with things that other nations wouldn't. I.e. their expansion,the wall, their covert arms programmes.

I agree jbennet, there have been cases where USA have been torturing people especially guantanamo bay. If another country did that USA and the world would be shocked, but when USA do it they doing it to "Save the world" lol

Also like Iran's nuclear program, they are saying it's a threat, USA and Israel have dozens of Bombs. That's what I hate about USA politics/polices they always interfere and make things up. Also stuff that has gone in Iraq and Afghanistan they got a way with that big war lol, I still do not know why they went! well there were 50 dozen reasons, first it was 9/11 then nukes, then Saddam, then Bin Ladin then Al-Qaeda then Taliban, then rebels in a cave!

Next it will be monsters & Aliens..

I guess they call them robo calls. You just sit down for dinner and the phone rings with some recorded message from a political group that wants you to vote for their special interest candidate. I agree with AD, those things are taking over the phone and are nasty.

Member Avatar for diafol

Telephone canvassing? Sounds delightful. Wouldn't it be great to have a comm system that would intercept all calls before you heard the ringtone with a message saying,

"To show that you are a human and that this is not an unsolicited call, please press 1,9,3,5,6 followed by the hash key."

Any duplicitous git that then managed to get through to you can then justifiably be given both barrels and a hefty virtual swift kick to the nuts as a goodbye. :)

Member Avatar for diafol

...in UK our government is total sh** to. The new one has increased our uni fess and everything. Politics is nothing but who wants to be bossy. I think for USA Ron Paul would be the best..For England we need someone new...

You English should get someone new? You're the only country in the UK to actually vote for the pratt. Anyway, I hope he stays there as it will only further undermine the UK and lead us all to freedom (maybe poverty - but it's a price worth paying - :) ).

Rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble.

You think robo calls are bad. Here in Canada, there were robo calls by the conservatives directed at the people favorable to an opposing party, the calls redirected them to the wrong location to go and vote. It's been a big scandal for the past few weeks.

I guess the political parties have realized that people can't install a spam filter on their phones!

Just another way in which the politicians disgrace the democratic process, treating the people as mindless kattle who can be told what to do or fooled by recorded messages delivered by robots!

Why is it wrong for a people to have a county in their homeland?

rant:
The idiocy of that statement compels me to comment on it, although I find it out-of-place in this IT forum. The idea of "people having a country in their homeland" is a theoretical concept. It's the concrete effects that matter. If having a country gives you more rights, equality, freedoms, laws, support systems, power (in the democratic sense), peace, etc., then that's all great, because these things are great. That's what we often like to picture a country to be about, but it isn't always so in its concrete implementation. If having a country means giving you a US-backed license for war, genocide, discrimination, theocratic rule, arms racing, torture, reckless spy operations and foreign abdunctions, and countless other crimes, then that's all wrong. The theoretical concept of "people having a country in their homeland" is meaningless by itself, it's its implications, its realization, and its consequences (past and future) that determine its merit, and those need to be questioned to correct our fairy tale concept of a "country". This ought to apply to Israel, just like it should apply to any other country. Invoking the right of Israel's people to have a country in their homeland is nothing but a smoke-screen, and as a result, Israel seems to enjoy a complete lack of accountability and immunity to criticism or sanctions visa vi the international community, and that's what seems to piss people off the most, not to mention that it's terrible for the people of Israel (I know plenty), let alone the palestinians (I also know plenty).
/rant

My answer to the large volume of mostly political robo calls has been the answering machine. I will call back any friends.

I wanted to write something sensible, but the phone is ringing, most likely one of those pesky phonecalls from a political interest group. Ah, it's Barbara Bush telling me to vote for her friend Mitt!

Barbara Bush and Willard Mitt Romney are firends?

Even worse, one can barely watch TV anymore because of all those mudslinging ads.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.