DeanMSands3 69 Junior Poster

tl;dr: MegaMan's storyline sucks. I want advice in writing it as realistically as possible.

I want to dip my toes into the realm of fiction (due to much prodding by my wife). I decided I wanted to start with a fan-fiction project based on the popular game MegaMan (also thanks to my wife). Regrettably, the canon story-line is too far-fetched to be plausible (especially for the time they specify). The fanon (fan writing) is worse.

I want to write a fan story to set a new standard.

I want to write a story where:

• Actual human emotions and relationships are twisted and warped as they struggle with their new start-up.
  • Dr. Wily stays up to 5 in the morning swearing at his soldering iron.
  • Dr. Light bullies grad students to get his name on their papers.
  • They both have to learn Power Point to build proposals. It completely baffles them.
  • Dr. Light has read I, Robot cover to cover 15 times.
  • Dr. Wily got through 2 readings, but really likes the movie better.
  • They both work odd contract jobs to build capital and desperately grasp for funding, once or twice losing large sums to phony investors.
  • Dr. Wily has to hack a Kinect to work with OpenCV to get an initial vision prototype going.
  • Dr. Light spends countless sleepless hours working on stubborn neural networks.
  • Pair programming works. Until it doesn't.
  • Politics, controversy, and the constant threat of looming war hang over them.
  • Company politics are just as bad.
  • Dr. Light keeps a picture of Rear Admiral Grace Hopper in his office.
  • Dr. Wily keeps a picture of Dr. Robin Murphy in his.
  • What is this sleep thing you speak of?
  • They submit and fight for patents against unscrupulous foreign agencies with much more money at their disposal.
  • They try (often unsuccessfully) to steal talent from big-money robot companies like Boston Dynamics.
  • They wrestle with moral dilemmas such as military uses.
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
  • When the robots get built and things go nuts, and they actually get to fighting, I want to throw in some real-life military strategy and tactics including dodging and deploying spy drones, ambushes with home-made explosives, guerilla warfare, etc. (Probably the bit I need the most help on.)

Need any advice you can give me.