Hello
i want to have a discussion forum for my website and i like daniweb script .
is it develope for just using in daniweb or its available to purchase like vbulletin ?
any advice for another good script ?

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I would check out either vBulletin, which you know of already, or Xenforo.com.

DaniWeb is a proprietary script that is currently not available for purchase.

DaniWeb is a proprietary script that is currently not available for purchase.

its like stackoverflow . i need something diferrent thats because i choose a script like daniweb not vbulletin or other . stackoverflow script is not for purechase too ?

What's wrong with a well-known product like vBulletin (or inVision's IP.Board)? The fact that they are well-known means visitors don't have to re-learn features and capabilities. I'd recommend using vBulletin for a new forum. That way you can focus on building up your website, and traffic, instead of also having to program a forum with a new--and possibly flaky--software. It would be just another unknown to deal with at a time you cannot afford to spend time on it.

if you want a custom made platform, nobody's stopping you from creating/purchasing one yourself, but if it's for a simple 'discussion forum', I don't see any advantage that 'll give you over using vBulletin or similar.

stackoverflow script

No, the original is not for sale, but there are clones out there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.