Member Avatar for diafol

I just got back from watching the Hobbit... its great but there is a part 2.... :(

and

And a part 3.

SOunds like a lot of there and back again :) geddit?

<M/> commented: I get it :) +0

Yeah, there is 2 parts... which gets kind of annoying sometimes...

Well i'd recommend watching the movie...

Just finished The Dark Knight Rises. What a remarkable disappointment. Got a good laugh out of the fight scene near the end with Bane and Batman though. Not so much the primaries but the background fighters. You could see a few of them weren't even trying to look convincing. There were just too many WTF moments in the movie.

Really? Was the movie that bad... i thought it was decent but i can agree with you when you mentioned:

There were just too many WTF moments in the movie.

They fought like wrestlers plus the film was very obvious... if you know what i mean.

Maybe it has something to do with Bane, i think joker was more successful in the film series (not as much WTF moments, right?).

But a question for you would be who did you think was better? Bane or Joker (i like both)

At least i know somebody who that thought the film was a dissapointment.

Member Avatar for diafol

I saw it last knight. It was OK. I like the more serious Batman though - less camp. At least this one was more edgy. I thought it was too long though - I almost fell asleep in the middle. I am about to watch The Bourne Legacy. No spoilers please :)

The bourne legacy was decent.... i won't spoil it for you :) unless you want me to...

I thought the current reboot of Batman was the best of all the incarnations. It was done intelligently. It took itself seriously. We had more than enough camp in previous versions thank you very much. It was well cast and well acted. And I thought Heath Ledger gave a truly inspired performance as The Joker.

Sadly the joker is dead... he was great in the film!

Member Avatar for diafol

I didn't like Chritian Bale's ridiculously husky 'I smoke a thousand a day' voice when he was wearing the mask.

Bourne Legacy - disappointing. I did fall asleep in the middle - so perhaps I missed 10 minutes of amazing theatre. Probably not.

I never understood the voice... i will be honest, he is the only super hero that talks like that and the worst part is that he is one of the most covered up super heroes and he has to talk like a smoker... (wonder if that hurts his voice...)

Bourne Legacy - disappointing. I did fall asleep in the middle - so perhaps I missed 10 minutes of amazing theatre. Probably not.

I should have spoiled it for you :D...
I heard a study (not sure if its true) that every time you blink you miss a part, and so by average you miss about 15-20 minutes of the movie just because you blink... :)

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I haven't seen those movie mention above yet not the old Batman from the preivous years.

This afternoon I saw Premium Rush.

It was a good movie.

I haven't rode a bike for a long time but after seeing Joseph Gordon-Levitt character riding the bike without a brake.

I realized I don't want to cut short of my life because of an rush or thrill.

I saw Premium Rush... it was somewhat okay...

The last movie I saw was Step Up 3.

@kemcar
Never seen it, and will never consider it. :)

Just rewatched an old favourite. Has anyone else seen "The Ruling Class" with Peter O'Toole?

Just got back from watching The Hobbit at 48 FPS and 3D. Absolutely phenomenal.

Member Avatar for diafol

Saw 'Lawless' and 'Warrior', both with Tom Hardy. Both brilliant. He's amazing in both too.

I just saw "Jack Reacher" and saw the Hobbit again...

I did not like lawless though...

As a long time fan of the Jack Reacher novels I will not be seeing the Jack Reacher movie. If you've read any of the books, you know that Reacher is described as six foot five inches and around 250 pounds of solid muscle. I can't believe they cast Tom Cruise. He had to stand on a box to film his scenes with Jamie Foxx in Collateral. The logic used by the producers was "there aren't any actors who match the physical description of Jack Reacher". I always thought Jim Caviezel could pull it off. He is almost tall enough (certainly closer than Tom Cruise) and he has the no nonsense detached persona down pat. But Tom Cruise? What a joke.

What actor did you expect.... Dwayne Johnson?

@diafol

both with Tom Hardy

Brilliant actor, he was really good in Bronson I thought. Should have got an Oscar for that performance.

What actor did you expect.... Dwayne Johnson?

I already said - Jim Caviezel. Of course, it wouldn't hurt for him to go on one of those Hollywood workouts pre-shoot like Gerard Butler did for "300".

Member Avatar for diafol

@HG

Brilliant actor, he was really good in Bronson I thought. Should have got an Oscar for that performance.

That was another amazing performance. Agree 100%. Hardy must be one of the most versatile and exciting actors of his generation. Until I looked at his IMDB profile a few weeks ago, I didn't realise it was him in the lead role of Bronson. Jeez. Can't wait to see what he does next.

Hardy must be one of the most versatile and exciting actors of his generation.

Yeah, I agree too. He was really good in Warrior. And as Bane in the Dark Knight Rises. And even noticeable in his small role in Inception. I haven't seen Lawless or Bronson, but I bet he's good in those movies too. Definitely someone to watch out for. Really versatile actor.

Member Avatar for diafol

He was also 'Handsome Bob' in Rocknrolla with Gerard Butler and the 'usual slaaag crowd', before he bulked up as much. I reckon 'Bane' was the best / most interesting character in DKR. The next big Bond villain / action hero / romantic lead / brooding anti-hero? He could be any of them. I'm gonna stop there, it's beginning to sound as though I fancy the guy. Well...

Member Avatar for diafol

@Pritaeas

That Samsara looks really interesting - I caught the trailer on IMDB and I need to see it. Unfortunately, my regular source doesn't have it. I'm gonna have to get inventive or bite the bullet and buy it from Amazon, but £16 +pp is a bit steep.

Watched 'The Wedding Date' recently....

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I already said - Jim Caviezel

I haven't seen the movie Jack Reacher. Between Jim Caviezel or Tom Cruise playing a Jack Reacher?

I agree with Reverend, Jim Caviezel would be a better choice. Right now, Jim Caviezel is playing a ex-CIA field officer in Person of Interests (TV Show). He play it very well. His physique much suited for the character Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise is a bit short.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.