Member Avatar for LastMitch

He was also 'Handsome Bob' in Rocknrolla with Gerard Butler and the 'usual slaaag crowd', before he bulked up as much.

That was the first movie I notice Tom Hardy as an actor. Even though it was a minor character it was pretty funny. He was also in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. He was pretty good as a mole. I saw that movie but it was very confusing to me at the beginning and through out the movie I'm not familiar with the book until the end I realized those code represent each character play.

I guess they put Tom Cruise in the movie because of how famous he is... (think about it...) So the movie must get good attention :)

Member Avatar for diafol

Cruise sucks as an action hero. Not credible - well action heroes never are - but he's really not cut out for it. Caviezel's an interesting suggestion. I think I've only ever seen him in a handful of things - that Jesus Christ thing and something to do with a drink-driver vigilante effort - or was that somebody else? Glad it's not Liam Neeson though.

Jim Caviezel was also in Frequency (he played the son of Dennis Quaid) and in the remake of The Prisoner which I refused to watch because it was completely opposite to the intentions of Patrick McGoohan. It was as unfaithful to the original as the Star Trek reboot was to its.

At least it wasn't someone like Johny Depp or the twilight figures right?

Has anyone seen Django Unchained? I am going to see it, maybe tomorrow.

Boy, i hated flight... i don't know why...

I guess they put Tom Cruise in the movie because of how famous he is... (think about it...) So the movie must get good attention :)

Chances are his movies will make alot of money. I don't think anyone can discredit that. Like Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol. Famous has nothing to do with money. It really have to do with promoting the film.

Glad it's not Liam Neeson though.

Liam Neeson is the best I can't imagine him being a bad guy like that.

"Flight" is pretty interesting.

Haven't heard of the film til now. I'm surprise Robert Zemeckis directed this film because Robert Zemeckis been directing and producing so many 3D films the past decade.

Jack Reacher isn't a bad guy. Just bad a$$. Tom Cruise? They might as well have cast Billy Barty (if he were still alive).

It would be hilarious if they casted a comedian or twilight figure :)

Jack Reacher isn't a bad guy. Just bad a$$. Tom Cruise? They might as well have cast Billy Barty (if he were still alive).

Billy Barty passed away like a decade ago. He lived a long life.

It would be hilarious if they casted a comedian or twilight figure :)

It seems to me you really like Twilight franchise films. Harry Potty or Twilight or Hunger Game is gonna be hard to top Lord of the Rings meaning winning awards and recognition plus money or even hard to top Starwars, Batman, Ironman, Indiana Jones (did I leave out something?)

I don't like the twilight series... >:(... It would be a cheap film to feature any twilight figure...

You left out James Bond btw...

I don't like the twilight series... >:(... It would be a cheap film to feature any twilight figure...

Robert Pattinson might be the only actor out of the series will make good movies and money in the future.

You left out James Bond btw...

Nice one! I can't believe I left out that one.

You also forgot star treck...

Walking Death

i watched Shallow Hal, it has a nice lesson to it, i recommend you guys to watch.. really worth watching and it's funny too..
and also i watched Arthur's Christmas.. well it's Christmas after all

Member Avatar for diafol

Just saw 'Looper'. Dreadful - I was really looking forward to it too. It could have been so much better. I can't see why it was given such a high IMDB rating.

About to watch 'Fair Game' again with Naomi Watts/Sean Penn.

Member Avatar for diafol

Just saw The Hobbit with my kids in the cinema. I don't think my kids (early teens) were majorly impressed as they just gave a 'thanks Dad, that was great' - no further discussion. I thought the whole thing was dire - I can't understand the rave reviews.

It's slow.
It has loads of crap that isn't in the book.
The action / antics are like something out of The Goonies.
The sets look very cardboard-y.

I took online advice and saw it in 2D as loads of people said that the ultra-realistic, double-framerate, 3D, super-dooper, next-big-thing-in-cinematography was quite frankly crapola.

So, if you're a fan of LOTR, you need to see it. Otherwise, wait to rent it. I wouldn't even buy the DVD as I wouldn't want to watch it more than once.

diafol, i agree with you about looper, it is crap. But hobbit was not that bad and i am not a huge of the LOTR series. I can agree with the fact that the set looks a bit fake, not as well as the other Peter Jackson sets...

Just watched Hobbit. A friend suggested that it might have been a better experience had I read the Silmarillion and some of the other supporting Tolkein books. So, having only read the Hobbit cover to cover, it was kind of jarring seeing all the extra bits. I saw it in "3D" which was alright, but I didn't really get how the experience was different than 2D.

All in all, it was a good, fun, movie, and I'd do it again.

Edit: Watching Saruman dismiss the possibility darkness creeping back into the land was amusing. I kept thinking "There is no war in Middle Earth" if you'll excuse the Avatar:TLA reference.

Just watched Hobbit. A friend suggested that it might have been a better experience had I read the Silmarillion and some of the other supporting Tolkein books.

I think I might have to wait til April or May to come out on DVD to see the film

I haven't watch a movie for like a few weeks. I saw 3 movies the past weekend.

Meeting Evil it's an awful movie. I feel sorry for Luke Wilson & Samuel L. Jackson end up filming this movie. The dialogue and storyline not good.

Resident Evil: Retribution it's OK movie. I kinda figure out it would be the same storyline as it was in the game. The action is OK. I think Ada Wong looks hot.

Bourne Legacy was OK movie. I didn't like the ending. It was not bad the character that Jeremy Renner play in as the lead character. It would be much better if it was like 15 minutes longer to end the movie to tied in loose ends.

If you haven't seen a movie in a while, I'd recommend you watch Lincoln, Jack Reacher, The Hobbit, Les Miserables (if you are okay with musicals), and Django Unchained...

Those are good films but I'd rank Lincoln and Django Unchained as the best of the selection.

If you haven't seen a movie in a while, I'd recommend you watch Lincoln, Jack Reacher, The Hobbit, Les Miserables (if you are okay with musicals), and Django Unchained...

Thanks for the the suggestions. There's not out on DVD yet. <MICHAEL>, If I have time. I will watch more movies. =)

Oh, i thought you haven't seen films in theaters in a while :o... well wait for those to come out :)

Did anyone seen "frankenweenie" movie?
I just watch it yesterday and i think it's kinda poor on animations i think?

I thought Frankenweenie is a terrible film, just like all Tim Burton films...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.