was abe vampire hunter good? I was going to see it until i noticed it was tim burton film so i was a bit reluctant.

its rating is only 6/10 at imdb but it's enough to keep me on the couch and i kinda like the fighting scenes
what's with tim burton that you don't like ?

Member Avatar for diafol

was abe vampire hunter good? I was going to see it until i noticed it was tim burton film so i was a bit reluctant.

Directed by Timur Bekmambetov. Is it a TB movie? Regardless, I thought it was poor.

I just saw Django Unchained during the holidays. Absolutely amazing movie. Arguably the best of all Tarantino movies (and that says a lot). The only critique that I can make is about that one Kill Bill style gun fight with over-the-top blood splaters, I thought it was a bit out of place given that there isn't much of that elsewhere in the movie, and so, it could have been toned down. But everything else was brilliant. And the part with the KKK baffoons was just hilarious.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Directed by Timur Bekmambetov. Is it a TB movie? Regardless, I thought it was poor.

Yes, it was directed by Timur Bekmambetov. I mean to me it was OK. It's just a fastasy movie dealing with a President.

I just saw Django Unchained during the holidays. Absolutely amazing movie. Arguably the best of all Tarantino movies (and that says a lot).

I haven't seen the movie yet but it's hard for me to decide whether it's his best movie. I mean if it can top Inglourious Basterds than I think Django Unchained is his best movie.

Member Avatar for diafol

Tarantino loves Christoph Waltz.

@ mike_2000_17, Django unchained was amazingly done. Django and Lincoln were the best films of the year.

Tarantino loves Christoph Waltz.

Christoph Waltz is a good actor. I think if Tarantino didn't pick him for the role then noone will know him at all. Christoph Waltz pay his dues and came a long way to get that much opportunity to act in quality films now.

I saw zero dark thirty... i was disappointed in the film even with the amazing reviews, it failed to impress me because it stereotypes that muslims are most likely terrorists... that is completely not true because the terrorists are not as bad as the Nazi, and they aren't muslims...

disappointed...

I felt ashamed in watching the film in theaters...

Member Avatar for diafol

RE: Christoph Waltz - amazing in 'Inglorious...' but he was disappointing in the 'Green Hornet' - he basically played the same character. I hope we see more of his prowess in 'Django'.

but he was disappointing in the 'Green Hornet'

I haven't seen the Green Hornet yet. The only other film I saw that he was in was Water for Elephants. He was good. I think I will rent Green Hornet.

I just saw 2 movies today.

Savages - about 2 guys (Taylor Kitsch & Aaron Johnson) selling weed for a living. It wasn't that good. I feel the script was awful that it wasted John Travolta and Benicio del Toro talent.

I'm not sure why Oliver Stone movies are not good as it used too.

In the past decade, I actually saw World Trade Center, W., Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps and Alexander. I think Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps was OK. The rest was not really good.

Get the Gringo - I find it surprise that it's a good movie. Mel Gibson was pretty good in the movie. The storyline was solid.

My parents said Savages was really bad...

LastMitch, i knew you would like Get the Gringo :)

I saw zero dark thirty... i was disappointed in the film even with the amazing reviews, it failed to impress me because it stereotypes that muslims are most likely terrorists... that is completely not true because the terrorists are not as bad as the Nazi, and they aren't muslims...

disappointed...

I felt ashamed in watching the film in theaters...

My friend said this movie has great reviews.. but sometimes it still depends on the audience.. still i'm gonna watch this,

Yes, it does depend on the audience... but since it was offending the Muslim Audience, it failed to deliver towards us... it's demoralizing when someone does that (making racist films)... Another way muslims are offended are when they watch the "Shahs of Sunset", we get offended when we get represented by people who claim their muslim... it is embarasing.

now i get your point.. that's really disappointing.. but it can't be avoided it's a movie after all, even though they say it's based on a true story some part of it just ain't

I wish people understood that if 1 person is a complete threat to society doesn't mean that the entire religion is too.

Some people claim that all religion is a threat to society.

commented: You stand Correct! +0

I wish people understood that if 1 person is a complete threat to society doesn't mean that the entire religion is too.

Religion is very sensitive issue it's more like black and white situation nowadays.

Some people claim that all religion is a threat to society.

I tend to forget about that phrase. But you are correct about that.

Religion and politics. They both divide people into "us" and "them" camps. And once you do that it is almost impossible to use reason. Any attempt to use logic and facts to refute an opinion or belief just strengthens the tribal bonds.

But I'm getting off the thread topic. Apologies.

Is anyone here watching texas chainsaw 3d? i heard it was bad?

Is anyone here watching texas chainsaw 3d? i heard it was bad?

Why? It make money thats all it matters. Whoever invested this movie gain back money within the the first week.

I saw the first version The Texas Chain Saw Massacre on VHS when I was in junior high school. It was good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Texas_Chain_Saw_Massacre

You should check it out, <MICHAEL>. I would advise if you watch it with your folks because I feel you might be jumpy after watching it. I don't think you can handle those gruesome scenes.

I don't think you can handle those gruesome scenes.

i've watched it on tv years ago, and i wasn't able to handle it, i just switched the channel instead

i've watched it on tv years ago, and i wasn't able to handle it, i just switched the channel instead

They actaully show that movie on TV? Then it must be editted.

Well, i don't get annoyed by gruesome scenes... just romantic scenes annoy me because your peers give you an awkward look...

But believe me, i can handle on graphic violence... that is what xbox/ps3 do to you :)

My parents saw the one that came prior to this one and said it wasn't scary but was very boring. So this one may not be that bad.

just romantic scenes annoy me because your peers give you an awkward look...

i can imagine that

i think games are different, they have a different kind of feeling

I don't think i will be participating in those "games" you mention lol.

that is what xbox/ps3 do to you :)
:)

I just saw Arbitrage (film) which stars Richard Gere & Tim Roth. It was a good movie. I kinda like it alot but in the end it doesn't really let you know whether Richard Gere sign that contract or not. Personally, I don't like rich people so the character that Richard Gere play it so well. Money and Power that's the only thing that rich people get away because of those 2 traits.

Well... i saw the Texas Chainsaw, worst horror of 2012... But on the plus side, i am watching the Golden Globes (which are kind of useless, Will Ferrel was awesome, and Adele should never have won)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.