Member Avatar for diafol

Finally got around to watching Los Cronocrimenes (Timecrimes). Was impressed - a nice twist on the time-travel genre. No special effects required - just a good old story. Recommended (8/10).

Anyone here going to watch man of steel?

i'll probably end up having to watch it. I have teenagers in my house.

Member Avatar for diafol

Superman is poop IMO. There should be a limit to super powers. He's got too many. Kryptonite - big deal. I just can't get into him as a character unlike Batman, Spiderman, Iron Man, etc. The best ones are the ones with very few powers or none at all - they're far more interesting because of it. Of course we all loved wearing Superman logos on our pants and vests when we were little kids, but now I like The Phantom. :)

I am only watching Man of Steel because of the fact that it is being produced by Christopher Nolan.

@diafol, my personal favorite super hero now is DeadPool... he has no powers, but has extreme martial arts skills... plus he is awesome!

Member Avatar for LastMitch

When it's out on DVD later in the year

Superman is poop IMO.

Man of Steel will be great film!

This Trailer is good (even though they used Lord of the Ring soundtrack for this trailer but it's still good doesn't Kevin Costner sound perfect with this trailer):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll39CAovGrg

I think man of steel will be more dramatic and the dark knight is more action than drama...

Member Avatar for diafol

DeadPool - interesting.

Just watched Cleanskin (Sean Bean) again. Nice - however, he needs a new role where he isn't constantly brooding.

Just watched Cleanskin (Sean Bean) again. Nice - however, he needs a new role where he isn't constantly brooding.

I saw Cleanskin last night. It was OK film. I thought the storyline wasn't strong enough. I mean Sean Bean was good playing the character. I mean in the end I thought he was about to get killed because he was being used as a scapegoat for the agency. But he manage to figure out what was gonna on.

Member Avatar for diafol

Fair play LM, you won't give the story away, will you? :)

Just watched Dredd. Was pretty dreddful (ouch!). It was "The Raid" without the freshness. I'd have demanded my money back if I'd gone to the cinema to see this.

Fair play LM, you won't give the story away, will you? :)

Well, I didn't exactly gave away the plot. It's only half way. There's more to the story.

Just watched Dredd. Was pretty dreddful (ouch!). It was "The Raid" without the freshness.

I saw Dredd a few weeks ago and it was OK. The storyline was solid and no way it can't top "The Raid". Most of the actors did their own stunts in the The Raid.

These are few films I saw in the past which I'm not sure if anyone saw these films do their own stunts:

The Protector

Ong-bak

District 13

District 13: Ultimatum

and of course

Jackie Chan films.

In theaters i just Hansel & Gretel... it was garbage... don't recommend watching, even if it was free...

Spoiler

------> don't read past this point if you don't want to know what happens in the film<-------

Hansel & Gretel's parents were actually witches...

The movie that I recently watched is Table No. 21....again a Bollywood movie with a awesome concept i.e a movie against ragging. Just loved this movie.

I just saw the "Other Guys"

some day before i have seen PROMETHEUS....really nice and awesome movie...must watchable..

I saw Prometheus, but the movie just wasn't very impressing to me.

Went to see Zero Dark thirty on the weekend and I thought it was really good. It wasn't just shooting and killing its actually more about the woman who found, how she changed over the course of the search and the sacrafices people made to get to that end point.

I just saw the "Other Guys"

Heard of the film but never saw it

Went to see Zero Dark thirty on the weekend and I thought it was really good.

Might have to wait til it come out on DVD

There is a new Tom Hardy movie coming out (Mad Max: Fury Road)... is anyone interested in seeing it?

Saw "Detachment" yesterday. Although almost a documentary I thought it was quite impressive.

Drag me to Hell,
The Messengers,
The Messengers 2 : the scarecrow
Django Unchained
Silent Hill
the Rite

nyah, had a bit of spare time lately :)

Yesterday I saw the film "The tourist"..It was very nice.A kind of suspence,comedy film.

The tourist was okay, i was expecting more from Johny Depp though... not so much from Anjelina Jolie...

commented: I liked it +0

No silent hill was ever good (movies)... not even the video game was good... (the new one looks a bit better though)...

I just saw To the Wonder directed by Terrence Malick.

I saw a Tree of life a couple of years ago and I find it was very dull and boring. At least this film it wasn't as bad.

Still the best film he made was after 20 years was Thin Red Line.

The New World was OK.

Days of Heaven was very good movie and it was the only movie I saw that was directed by him before he took a long vacation.

Last night, after I came from my college courses, I went to watch Bullet in the Head and it was an okay film. This morning I watched Warm Bodies, and my advice to all is that the film kind of boring...

I am going to watch Parker (maybe) next weekend, but tomorrow I will watch the superbowl and watch the best superbowl event (2 of my favorite teams competing, well I have a couple favorites).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.