Member Avatar for LastMitch

I just finish watching The Man with the Iron Fists.

I didn't really like it at all.

@LastMitch, I will be honest, that movie was crap...

@LastMitch, I will be honest, that movie was crap...

Yes, it was that bad.

I wonder if there are any comic characters left to make movies with.

I wonder if there are any comic characters left to make movies with.

You mean the characters in The Man with the Iron Fists?

Maybe Russell Crowe character.

He really gain alot of weight.

I heard that Ron Howard has acquired the rights to the Lensman Series by E. E. "Doc" Smith. I fondly recall reading it many years ago. The dialog desparately needs updating (it was stilted and sexist, but a product of the times) but the story was epic and (I think) far superior to Star Wars. J. Michael Straczynski is supposedly working on the script. See here and here

I wonder if there are any comic characters left to make movies with

There will always be characters... problem is that not all of them will get a movie or a show. I think they should make one for Deadpool or maybe make films for some video games (the Call of Duty Series, Halo, Assassin's Creed, etc.).

I do realize they have had short films, but I am talking about a real film for these video games...

Anyone here interested in seeing the new Steve Jobs film starring Ashton Kutcher.

The film is called Jobs.

I heard that Ron Howard has acquired the rights to the Lensman Series by E. E. "Doc" Smith. I fondly recall reading it many years ago. The dialog desparately needs updating (it was stilted and sexist, but a product of the times) but the story was epic and (I think) far superior to Star Wars. J. Michael Straczynski is supposedly working on the script.

This might be something I might looking forward to this. I hope J. Michael Straczynsk finish write the screenplay. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone here interested in seeing the new Steve Jobs film starring Ashton Kutcher.

Not really. I'm not a Ashton Kutcher fan.

<off topic>
He really shouldn't cheat on his wife (Demi Moore) like that.
I don't have any respect for people cheating in marriages.
</off topic>

So I hope that movie fail.

@Last Mitch, though he was involved with that case with Demi it won't stop fans from seeing a film featuring the most creative innovator in history... it'll probably be just as successful as The Social Network, if not more...

@Last Mitch, though he was involved with that case with Demi it won't stop fans from seeing a film featuring the most creative innovator in history

Most likely the film won't do well as a The Social Network. Steve Job & Waz is very successful it doesn't mean Hollywood need to make a movie out of him same as Bill Gates.

it'll probably be just as successful as The Social Network, if not more...

LOL. Wow. You make a bold statement about this film will be as succussful as The Social Network

Please don't compare directors:

David Fincher vs Joshua Michael Stern

Without David Fincher the The Social Network won't do so well.

I read a article about a few year back that few well known directors past on The Social Network before David Fincher took over.

This movie was very risky but David Fincher pull it off.

@LastMitch, You'll never know... it could be a financial success or it could be a financial failure. So far, my observation is that it will be a success... it could be a crappy film overall, but it could be a financial success.

Aside from the casting, I think the reason The Social Network did so well was because of Aaron Sorkin's brilliant writing. Anyone see the first episode of The Newsroom. Pretty powerful stuff.

@LastMitch, You'll never know... it could be a financial success or it could be a financial failure. So far, my observation is that it will be a success... it could be a crappy film overall, but it could be a financial succes

I agree. It's to tell now. We have to wait til it comes out.

Aside from the casting, I think the reason The Social Network did so well was because of Aaron Sorkin's brilliant writing. Anyone see the first episode of The Newsroom. Pretty powerful stuff.

You're right about writing! Aaron Sorkin is brilliant writer. Moneyball was great. There's so many things to gather to make a good film and marketable.

Member Avatar for diafol

Saw another Varg Veum: Tornerose

Was OK, but a little predictable. The lead guy looks doesn't look like a PI at all - a bit weird looking. I'll watch the others though.

I saw Invincible starring Mark Wahlberg.

Saw another Varg Veum: Tornerose

Never saw that movie. But heard you mention a couple of times.

I saw Invincible starring Mark Wahlberg.

It's OK film. But nothing compare to Rudy. I like Rudy more than Invincible

I think the best movie based on an actually athlete would be the Blind Side, and luckily that athlete (Oher) has won the 2013 superbowl shortly after the success of the film (about 4 years after)... my opinion though... (I haven't seen very much based on sports films)

I think the best movie based on an actually athlete would be the Blind Side

Rudy is base on actual athlete.

I actually watched Zero Dark Thirty a couple nights ago... It was the slowest starting movie, EVER! The last 40 minutes is what made the movie interesting, to bad you need to wait the first 2 hours to get to that point.

Not Raging Bull or Ali?

Even though it's a sport film. I tend to separate each sport to see how well the film is make.

Boxing films:

Raging Bull is great movie.
Rocky is also a great movie.
Ali was OK movie.

I mean Will Smith did his best to act like him but look like him I think it was hard because Muhammad Ali was big guy and he looks like Sylvester Stallone & Carl Weather shape in Rocky.

Football films:
The Blind Side was good movie and it very successful (making alot of money).
Rudy was good movie too. I like it because if you want to play football then you need to get a good grade.
Waterboy was funny film.
The Longest Yard also was funny film.

The original Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds was better (IMO)

Member Avatar for diafol

What about Mean Machine - the original with Burt Reynolds? Dunno if that counts? Love it, especially when Bob Tessier breaks Jaws' nose - and Jaws is over the moon when Tessier apologises.

The British remake (normal football) was OK.

How about Escape to Victory with Pele, Stallone et al? Normal football again.

Invictus (rugby) with Jason Bourne was atrocious.

@Reverend Jim, I personally preferred the one with Adam Sandler :). I think Bob sapp and the great khali were the bosses. So was terry crews.

@Diafol, invictus was a decent film, didn't it get academy award nominees?

Member Avatar for diafol

@Diafol, invictus was a decent film, didn't it get academy award nominees?

Maybe, but as for the rugby, it was dire.

Was it made in Wales? (runs and hides...)

OHHHHHHH he went there !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.