Member Avatar for diafol

Was it made in Wales? (runs and hides...)

Shrugs. That was Ireland - that result is always a lottery. Looking forward to the next games - especially the last. Straining at the leash already to get our hands on England.

If, that is, the total shite of a coach that we've got at the moment, picks the right squad. He's totally clueless and it showed in the first half performance. I reckon the boys said #### it, let's do our own thing in the second half.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

The original Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds was better (IMO)

I agree, it had much stronger storyline than Sandler one. Sandler one was bit more up to date and with modern jokes.

What about Mean Machine - the original with Burt Reynolds? Dunno if that counts? Love it, especially when Bob Tessier breaks Jaws' nose - and Jaws is over the moon when Tessier apologises.

I didn't saw that one but it was a remake.

How about Escape to Victory with Pele, Stallone et al? Normal football again.

I never heard of the film til you mention it.

@Diafol, invictus was a decent film, didn't it get academy award nominees?

Yes.

Shrugs. That was Ireland - that result is always a lottery. Looking forward to the next games - especially the last. Straining at the leash already to get our hands on England.

They only lost by 8 points that is pretty good. I think there was one game they lost by 2 points in the last 1 minute or so.

Member Avatar for diafol

Lining up Varg Veum: Din Til Da Den

Varg Veum: Din Til Da Den

It seems you really love to watch that film(s) with Varg Veum

I mean there has to be something in it that you enjoy watching it over again.

There are certain films I can't find the DVD one of the films is this Varg Veum

Member Avatar for diafol

There's a download site that I visit and it has a number of VV films there. I just love World Cinema - especially subtitiled films - I'm a bit odd that way. Far better than dubbing - I can't get passed the awful lip-synching and the awful attempt at native accents.

Lining up Varg Veum: Din Til Da Den

Uhh.. I had a moment of guessing at what this title was supposed to mean.. until I realized you mispelled it: Varg Veum: Din Til Døden.

I haven't seen any of the Varg Veum films, but have been recommended them a few times, it appears I have a lot of catching up to do (12 movies!).

I haven't seen any of the Varg Veum films, but have been recommended them a few times, it appears I have a lot of catching up to do (12 movies!).

Varg Veum films series have 12 films? Is this within a 10 year period? It's like a 1 film a year.

Varg Veum films series have 12 films? Is this within a 10 year period? It's like a 1 film a year.

According to IMDB, it's 12 movies in 5-6 years (2007 to 2012).

According to IMDB, it's 12 movies in 5-6 years (2007 to 2012).

Oh, Thanks. It's good to know.

I just love World Cinema - especially subtitiled films - I'm a bit odd that way. Far better than dubbing - I can't get passed the awful lip-synching and the awful attempt at native accents

I used to be the same. Then my eyesight deteriorated to the point where it takes me too long to read the subtitles, so long that they are gone before I get past the first couple of words. I'm no fan of dubbed movies, and sadly it means that I no longer tend to watch world cinema stuff.

An interesting couple of Russian films that I did catch up on recently, courtesy of my wife, were Day Watch and Night Watch (they tell a story from two opposing sides in an angoing war between, for want of a better word, vampiric cultures) and they were dubbed. Not too badly to stop my enjoying them, but badly enough to make me think I probably won't bother with dubbed stuff again unless there's a really compelling reason. The original Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trio of films were actually not too badly dubbed, it has to be said, having watched them again recently - but still far better with the subtitles on. And, importantly, a zillio-percent better than the pile of poop that Hollywood came up with for the remake.

Even watching the rugby is becoming something of a bind: I have the TV only a couple of feet away so that I stand a chance of seeing the on-screen data and can follow the ball movement etc.

Member Avatar for diafol

Varg Veum: Din Til Døden.

Yes quite right. Apologies.

Day Watch and Night Watch

Absolutely brilliant, both of them. Dark as hell. I'd love a piece of salt! Or was it chalk?

The original Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trio of films were actually not too badly dubbed, it has to be said, having watched them again recently - but still far better with the subtitles on. And, importantly, a zillio-percent better than the pile of poop that Hollywood came up with for the remake.

Can't agree more. I found the second of the original series, when I downloaded it to be in English and it didn't have a subtitle language/feature. I felt cheated, so I claimed my money back - I could only watch 5 minutes of it before I wanted to throw the laptop out of the window. The Daniel Craig effort was pointless. Why do they do that? It was just a very poor shadow of the first and probably cost a few orders of magnitude more to produce.

The original Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trio of films were actually not too badly dubbed, it has to be said, having watched them again recently - but still far better with the subtitles on

You're right about the dubbed being not bad. It was really good for the whole trilogy. But it does feel like it's dubbed even though it was in English.

The Daniel Craig effort was pointless. Why do they do that? It was just a very poor shadow of the first and probably cost a few orders of magnitude more to produce.

He was OK in the movie. I feel like he wasn't really too intimate with the girl in the film. Compare in the original one. There's more emotion in it. I think it has something to do with the dubbed

The real problem (well, one of the real problems) with the remake was that Rooney Mara was a very pale shadow of the Lisbeth Salander that Noomi Rapace brought to life in the original. It was nothing short of a travesty that Hollyhwood felt it needed to recast that part...

Has anyone here seen Here comes the boom? It was awful...

The real problem (well, one of the real problems) with the remake was that Rooney Mara was a very pale shadow of the Lisbeth Salander that Noomi Rapace brought to life in the original. It was nothing short of a travesty that Hollyhwood felt it needed to recast that part...

I agree. I shouldn't used the word intimate but to used chemistry. There no chemistry between Mara & Daniel on screen compare to the original version.

Has anyone here seen Here comes the boom? It was awful...

No

Member Avatar for diafol

Am about to glue my eyes into Varg Veum: Trond Espen Seim (Woman in the Fridge). The last one of the my available downloads available in Norwegian. The rest are in English - I don't think that I can cope with those. :(

The rest are in English - I don't think that I can cope with those. :(

As long I can download the subtitles with the English. I really hope the dubbed is not as bad as you mention for the Varg Veum series.

Anyone here going to watch the new Bruce Willis movie?

Member Avatar for diafol

^^ WHat is it?

Just saw The Dark Knight Rises it was good. It was very long. I didn't expect that.

@Ancient Dragon, I knew someone would agree with me on that film!

@LastMitch, i thought you already saw The Dark Knight Rises?

Denzel Washington hasn't been picking winners lately. I saw Man on Fire a while back. What a waste of money. Filming the entire movie with a hand-held camera may be artistic, but the decision to hire a cameraman prone to frequent seizures is not. That's how the photography seemd to me anyway. My advice - if you plan to watch that movie, take some anti-nausea meds first. You will get seasick watching it.

Denzel Washington, by my opinion, sucks...

You have not been watching the right movies then. He has made quite a few very good movies.

Just finished watching Flight with Denzel Washington. My advise, don't wast your money on it.

I haven't watch flight yet.

@LastMitch, i thought you already saw The Dark Knight Rises?

I haven't seen it til this afternoon.

These movies are OK:

American Gangster
The Taking of Pelham 123
The Book of Eli
Unstoppable
Safe House

I mean the really last good film was Inside Man. Like what Reverend said Man on Fire was good too.

Well, i will admit, I did like The Taking of Pelpham 123, Book of Eli, and Inside Man....

Has anyone seen Deadfall?

Like what Reverend said Man on Fire was good too

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what I said.

Just watched "Unicorn City". If you've ever been into (A)D&D you should really watch for the fun of it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.