I saw Dr. No, It wasn't as good as the other James Bond movies though! I think Golderfinger was the best James Bond movie made.

I don't think I saw those.

I'm watching The Day After Tomorrow on tv right now.

I saw that one it was good.

ISn't that the one with will smith's son? And nice avatar AD

Correct

I saw The Vikings, it was a pretty good movie but old!

I never heard of that one.

Edited by LastMitch: grammer

Wow, the amount of T & A in the trailer is something else pritaeas! Looks like a good one!

I REALLY want to see this when it comes out.

It's something worth watching.

The Great Gatsby (1974)

I saw that film. I like it. The new version is not as bad I think (I haven't watch it yet)

Srpski film. Not for the faint of heart. Although it's a movie, you cannot unsee it...

I agree. It's not something worth to watch.

Just saw the new Star Trek movie. I thought it was really good.

I'm a Trekkie fan. I will defintely watch that once it comes out on DVD. I thought the first one (by JJ Abram) was not bad.

Srpski film. Not for the faint of heart. Although it's a movie, you cannot unsee it...

I agree. It's not something worth to watch.

I'm not sure if that's what he meant. I read the blurb and it sounds as though it's pretty harrowing.

I'm desperate for more Varg Veum or Vares movies. Still looking...

I'm not sure if that's what he meant. I read the blurb and it sounds as though it's pretty harrowing.

The film itself is not good and you're right it's harrowing. I mean the closest thing to that I ever saw was called L'image
I saw that when I was in high school with couple of my friends. It was on VHS. There was subtitles but I don't quite understand the movie. The movie was very disturbing and disgusting if I remember. I don't remember it.

I wouldn't recommend this nor the other either.

Black's Game (Icelandic). Story about drugs gang in Reykjavik. Pretty good - better than I was expecting. The chief baddie (Damon Younger) is really horrible. I think the director had a funny turn towards the end as he employs a split screen, Dog knows why - but at least it's only for a few seconds. 7/10

Parker (Jason Statham) - great - but like all his films, either he's a 'good bad guy' or a cop. I'd like to see him do a comedy à la The Pacifier, or perhaps a song-and-dance effort like Jackman. The most amazing bit for me was his accent. It's always been well-dodgy but he carries off a Texas drawl quite well - I was surprised. I bet Texans would disagree though. 8/10

Iron Man 3 in the cinema with the kids - loved it. Take your brain out - BUT - it did have quite a bit going for it plot-wise with regard to a few threads coming together nicely. 7.5/10

About to watch IP Man (Chinese).

//EDIT
I just got my Varg Veum trilogy DVD from Amazon. Yipee! BUT won't play on my laptop. Grrr. Have to wait for the kids go to bed before I can watch it - sex scenes are pretty graphic. Strange that for the Scandinavians :)

Edited by diafol

Parker (Jason Statham) - great - but like all his films, either he's a 'good bad guy' or a cop. I'd like to see him do a comedy à la The Pacifier, or perhaps a song-and-dance effort like Jackman. The most amazing bit for me was his accent. It's always been well-dodgy but he carries off a Texas drawl quite well - I was surprised. I bet Texans would disagree though. 8/10

I heard of the movie I haven't watch it yet. Might see that.

The Great Gatsby (2013)

Might see that too.

Catch.44 -- terrible movie, I slept though half of it. I'll give it a rating of one star out of 4, and it only gets that one star because there were 11 dead people at the end.

Assault on Wall Street - enjoyed it.

I watched Pan's Labyrinth or 'El laberinto del fauno' if you prefer (again, for about the fifth time I think) last night. Guillermo del Toro at his absolute best, before he got too caught up in the whole Hollywood machine thing. You know a movie has achieved greatness when two twelve year old boys who usually prefer 'teen movie crapola' as a genre, and wouldn't touch a subtitled foreign language film with someone else's bargepole, sit captivated for the entire two hours.

Edited by happygeek

Yup Pan's Labyrinth is surely a classic, or at least will go down in history as one. I love they way it juxtaposes a fairytale with very dark undertones. One of those films you can watch as an adult or a child and still come away enjoying it. The scene with the guy with eyes in his hand still sends shivers down my spine.

I haven't watch any movies lately. I just saw django unchained. It was awesome and funny. Christoph Waltz was funny.

@happygeek, that is a great movie imo.

While it's not a movie, I just finished watching season 3 of Game of Thrones. I read the books before the shows came out and am still working on finishing the latest book: A Dance with Dragons. What a great show, it has been done very well as far as I'm concerned.

I saw Parker with Jason Statham. It was OK.

Watched an old movie called The Sting starring Robert Redford. Pretty awesome movie. Also watched an even older classic of Henry Fonda called My Darling Clementine

Votes + Comments
love the sting
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.