I'm watching the HBO series Breaking Bad -- story about a high school chemestry teacher who gets lung cancer and starts making meth to pay for the treatments. The series lasted 6 seasons, and I'm about half way through season 4.

Breaking Bad

I liked that one, although the sory gets a little too far fetched IMO.

Am just a few episodes away from finishing The Killing. Not the US copy, the Danish original. A very nice watch.

Sees the Riddick -2

The series lasted 6 seasons

Actually the series lasted 5 seasons.

I'm about half way through season 4.

I'm about half way through season 4 as well. Really nail biting stuff :D

there were seasons 1-5, then there was one called "Remember My Name -- The Final Season". I haven't watched it yet, so I don't know if that was a full season or not.

Member Avatar for diafol

Anybody who liked the Korean 'Old Boy' may enjoy 'The Vanishing' (Spoorloos) a French/Dutch film 1988. Don't read the synopses as any spoilers will make the film pointless to watch. Messed my head up for a long time. Brilliant.

How I Met Your Mother Season 9
One of the best series IMO.

Season 9 is the final season. I think I will cry after watching the final episode :'(

'The Vanishing' (Spoorloos) a French/Dutch film 1988

Yes, excellent movie. Really close to the book too.

The Hobbit - Desolation Of Smaug.

Would recommend.

Agora- This was an awesome movie about the library of Alexandria and how the Christians ruined it.

I would highly recommend this movie!

Dunno why I've not seen that one yet. Amenabar has some nice movies on his list, yet this one I missed somehow.

Is this the movie you mentioned? From the IMB description it looks to be about something else.

Yes thats the one.

The Desolation of Smaug (The Hobbit part 2) 3D

Unnecessarily drawn out in parts (the confrontation with Smaug, for example) but at almost 3 hours, Peter Jackson sees that you get your money's worth. I still think it should have been done in two parts instead of three.

I still think it should have been done in two parts instead of three.

Same here...

Walking with Dinosaurs ... One of the worst movies I have ever seen!

Walking with Dinosaurs ... One of the worst movies I have ever seen!

And you watched it because?

It was because the other movies at the cinemas were full house. And my friends wanted to watch this movie instead of anchorman 2 -_-

Well... on the bright side, anchorman 2 wasn't that great...

Beverly Hills Cop 2 -- 4 star movie :)

Ace Ventura - it was hilarious ;D

zoolander
dodgeball: a true rookie story

Death Race
Death Race 2
Death Race Inferno
Dredd
The Raven
MiB 1, 2, 3
Looper

not necessarily in that order (yah, got bored :) )

@stultuske, those were all in one day?

The Lovely Bones - I thought the ending was hilarious...

Arahan. Interesting if you like over the top martial arts.

Interesting, have you seen man with the iron fists? That movie has beyond over the top martial arts :D Also, do you think you will watch 47 Ronin? That should be similar ;)

<M/>: no, but I don't update this thread each day, so ... :)

saw 'The purge' yesterday ... wow ...

saw 'The purge' yesterday ... wow ...

not bad but a predictable film... sorta strange how they had a zombie defense instead of a compound to keep people out... (think about it)

unfortunately, about every film is predictable.
the teenage girl with the "wrong" boyfriend.
the little kid that acts before thinking it over.
the neighbours that basically 'alert' what's comming ("you can say you paid for that with our money .. o, no, it's just a rumour")

but the entire concept of twelve hours where Crowley 's law (Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law) comes hand in hand with Murphy's ...
might be fun to make a movie of "the morning after", where all those neighbours line up next to each other in the supermarket ... awkward :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.