i saw BRAVE and I saw Life of Pi in theaters (it was good)

Want to see Life of Pi!!

It was really good, I heard or at least I think it is recieving an oscar nomination.

That was a pretty decent film series.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

i saw BRAVE and I saw Life of Pi in theaters (it was good)

I might see that movie (Life of Pi) when it comes out on DVD

It's very good, especially in the theaters, but like you it would be nice to watch in your own home.

I just finish watching Total Recall, the new one. It's was not good. I thought it would be better than the original version but after watching it I still feel the Arnold Schwarzenegger version is much better.

I will be honest, Total Recall was not great. Neither was Arnold Schwarzengger version.
Movies like these attract lots of attention with their trailers and etc. but they fail to impress you when you are trapped in the theater watching the movie.

I will be honest, Total Recall was not great. Neither was Arnold Schwarzengger version.

I hope you know that there's only 2 versions. I'm comparing which version is better. So I said the old one.

I know what you meant. And I said i hated both :)

RE: Total Recall (the Arnold version). Is it just me or does Michael Ironside tend to lose limbs a lot in his movies? He lost both arms in Total Recall, one arm in The Machinist and either his arms or his legs (I forget which) in Starship Troopers.

Is it just me or does Michael Ironside tend to lose limbs a lot in his movies?

That is an interesting trivia. He did lost his arm in The Machinist. I forgot about Total Recall whether he lost his arms and I'm not too sure or if I could remember whether he lost his arm or leg in Starship Troopers.

In Total Recall he lost his arms while he was dangling from the elevator. In The Machinist it was in a piece of shop machinery. In Starship Troopers it was in a sandpit while being attacked by bugs.

commented: You are a got memory! +0

Now if I could only remember where I left my car keys and my glasses.

Member Avatar for diafol

In the middle of TR (new). It's OK, but the three-titted woman and the head-disguise device is just a straight take from the 1st movie. You don't want to compare the two and to be fair the locations are different, but just copying from the 1st is p'ing me off a bit.

OMG - just realised, the 1st was 1990 - 22 years ago! Sharon Stone was so fit too.

Whatcha reckon Kate Beckinsale vs. Sharon Stone (when both in their prime). Which one would you'd rather was trying to kill you? :)

In the middle of TR (new). It's OK, but the three-titted woman and the head-disguise device is just a straight take from the 1st movie. You don't want to compare the two and to be fair the locations are different, but just copying from the 1st is p'ing me off a bit.

I agree. It is a different location. If I remember the 3 breast lady in the old movie look more natural than the current. But the current girl looks prettier.

OMG - just realised, the 1st was 1990 - 22 years ago! Sharon Stone was so fit too.

Yes, it is that long! Sharon Stone does look in the movie but got kill off so early in the movie.

Whatcha reckon Kate Beckinsale vs. Sharon Stone (when both in their prime). Which one would you'd rather was trying to kill you? :)

I might have to say Kate Beckinsale because she more fit than Sharon Stone plus Kate Beckinsale is around my age a few years older me. Sharon Stone is really like a sex symbol in the 90's.

Saw Life of Pi in theatres yesterday, was an okay kind.

Well not everyone enjoys every movie right? I hated Avatar but I liked avengers...

Well not everyone enjoys every movie right? I hated Avatar but I liked avengers...

<off topic>Don't you have homework to do? It seems you have alot free time. Don't you have a hobby beside to be on Daniweb.</off topic>

I'm a straight A student and I finish most of my homework during class, break/lunch, or tutorial periods... So I don't really have much homework after school other than studying, learning programming (don't laugh), athletics, and a few other extra curricular subjects :).

By the way, it my comment was on topic because it was refering to the comment right above mine :)

BTW, what do those tags (<off topic>) do? Are they just indicators?

In the susnet and In time

It's a just tag that works on the previous platform I think.

You should watch this movie called:

Dead Poets Society

Since you are a smart kid I feel you can write summary of the film and post it here. Yes, to ask your question I saw that movie.

Dead Poets Society

excellent movie!

Dead Poets Society... interesting, I may watch it and then, as you said, post a summary about it (maybe).

But what would this have to do with me being a "smart kid"?

Plus is the film even great by any chance and why is it recommended by you? Not to forget LastMitch, have you seen Get the Gringo yet ;-)

The student who commits suicide is played by the same actor who played Wilson (Watson) on House.

<off topic>

Not familiar with HTML or similar languages? Anyone (or any geek) familiar with HTML-like syntax will automatically recognize a structure like <foo> ... </foo> as meaning "start of a block of 'foo', containing ..., and then it ends". In this case, it means a block containing an off topic discussion (as, for example, LastMitch asking you some off-topic question / taunt in the middle of a forum). The system on Daniweb doesn't parse this block and never has, but it is a safe bet that the readers and their geeky minds will parse it correctly.

</off topic>

You should watch this movie called:

Dead Poets Society

I remember seeing that movie some years back, not bad, I thought it was touching but also very cliché. The performance of the actors were very good, but that's about all that is memorable about it, IMHO. And I'm not a big fan of movies that are just vessels for actor performances. I've been blessed with a few very inspiring teachers in my years in school, including an English literature teacher, so the cheap, dramatized, hollywood version of it wasn't very memorable to me.

I find that Scent of a Woman was a much better movie, and did a far better job at conveying its messages, and with impeccable acting too.

commented: Hoo-ah! +0

But what would this have to do with me being a "smart kid"?

Reading and writing essays base on theme. If you want to go to a good college writing essays is very important.

I've been blessed with a few very inspiring teachers in my years in school, including an English literature teacher, so the cheap, dramatized, hollywood version of it wasn't very memorable to me.

Most of my teachers are like Andrew Crocker-Harris

The movie and book are very close on The Browning Version.

I feel Reverend Jim might have read and saw The Browning Version.

I think <MICHAEL> is bit to young to understand a girl nor I don't think he'll get the theme of Scent of a Woman.

I realized that writing an essay is very important, but that didn't answer the main question that I have. Why did you pick this movie?

I think <MICHAEL> is bit to young to understand a girl nor I don't think he'll get the theme of Scent of a Woman.

I am not that young lol but it is reasonable why you mention :)

I realized that writing an essay is very important

Writing essays was fun. I particularly enjoyed taking the reader on for a wild ride, making sure my essays wouldn't be just another essay in the pile the prof had to grade (or the pile of cover letters for some job / scholarship application). It has worked wonders for me. I always had between 95 and 100 percent on all my essay regardless of my bad spelling / grammar or if I even read the book the essay was on. The real secret to a good essay is to think about the reader and making his/her experience the best possible when reading it.

Why did you pick this movie?

I don't know for sure, but knowing what the movie is about, there's a pretty good hint. The movie is about a bunch of blasé prep-school seniors who get inspired by this "passionate" teacher that teaches them about poetry and about some (hollywood-cliché) life-lessons, it's a classic passing-of-age movie. At the end, everyone is happy and changed for life, and tears flow on your cheeks as you watch the movie. Maybe LastMitch figures you're just the right age to be inspired by this movie, and I guess he could be right, but it's not like he would know anything about what you like, what you can understand or what "lessons" you need to learn about, just by knowing your age. And also, it's not like you need to fully understand all the "lessons" or themes of a movie/book to get something valuable out of it. I think that "thought provocation" is a lot better than "spoon-feeding life-lessons", and I can't say what provocation anyone needs, I just know they need provocation, all the time, whatever works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.