I guess the drive would be worth it? I mean you get to see your friend and get a good deal on a tattoo...

Have you ever tried getting a tattoo on your by any chance... :)

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Definitely yes. Ink is sexy (at least, those that compliment the curves). But I think dating those 3 girls at the same time would be a bit too much to handle ;)

@mike_2000_17

I'm surprise that you would date a girl that has alot of tattoos on their body. It's just I could never think that you would date a girl with a body of tattoos.

It's just not your type. The reason is you are smart guy working towards a doctorate degree, I feel you're towards girls more down to earth personality wise.

Even if you dated a girl with a body tattoos, you might have to accepted who she is right on the spot.

I think majority of the girls with a body tattoos does smoke.

I don't like girl who smoke.

If I was to flip a coin between you or happygeek convince the girl not to smoke. I might have to give the happygeek the edge because he also has alot of tattoos plus he can related to her and she can sense that. Most likely she would listen to happygeek.

As for you she might not want to listen to you, it's not like you did anything wrong it's just the impression is not there for her to listen to you. I feel you have to work very hard to convince the girl not to smoke.

Much of my work was done by someone who quickly became a very close friend, and she sometimes did my work for free and never charged the going rate. Quite Often I would sit in the chair for four hours and end up paying less than £100. Sadly, I onow live too far away from Maria to consider getting any more ink from her (the drive is about an hour and forty five minutes each way).

Wow, I thought a guy did those tattoos on you but a women? It's very rare back then but nowadays it's even up between a guy and girl now doing tattoo for living. Your Friend Maria must be very good at what she does for this long and that you keep going back to her for more work.

I'm surprise that you would date a girl that has alot of tattoos on their body. It's just I could never think that you would date a girl with a body of tattoos.
It's just not your type. The reason is you are smart guy working towards a doctorate degree, I feel you're towards girls more down to earth personality wise.

Who said anything about personality? I certainly like women with a sense of style and individuality, and if that is expressed as body tattoo, that's all the better. As for other personality traits you might associate to a women with tattoos (e.g., as certain edge or strength to her character, or preponderance to partying hard), that's a separate question, but on basic instincts alone, ink is hot.

Even if you dated a girl with a body tattoos, you might have to accepted who she is right on the spot.

And how is that different from any other woman with a strong character?

I think majority of the girls with a body tattoos does smoke.
I don't like girl who smoke.

Well, actually, I'm a smoker. And again, I'm not sure you should really infer all those traits into a person just because that person has tattoos. Saying "I like tattoos" doesn't necessarily mean "I endorse, like and support all personality and behavioral traits associated with old and generally obsolete stereotypes associated with tattoo-baring people".

Member Avatar for diafol

Tats look good on some people, not on others, but there again whether they look good on a person is in the eye of the beholder. I haven't got any, and I think I'd look a little 'mid-life crisis' case if I got one now. I don't think the pain would bother me too much (being affected by the odd gout flare-up, I have some frame of reference), but not something I'd relish all the same. I'd rather eat some Naga chillies to prove my manhood rather than get a pin stuck into me repeatedly. I may just start dyeing my pubic hair, that'll be radical enough for now. Variety is the spice of life and thank dog we're all different.

Who said anything about personality? I certainly like women with a sense of style and individuality, and if that is expressed as body tattoo, that's all the better. As for other personality traits you might associate to a women with tattoos (e.g., as certain edge or strength to her character, or preponderance to partying hard), that's a separate question, but on basic instincts alone, ink is hot.

It's just a observation when I spoken a few girls back in college. It's good that you acknowledge what you want in a women.

And how is that different from any other woman with a strong character?

I can't answer that question because it's hard to really sense a women that has a strong characteristic base on the first impression or first meeting.

Well, actually, I'm a smoker. And again, I'm not sure you should really infer all those traits into a person just because that person has tattoos. Saying "I like tattoos" doesn't necessarily mean "I endorse, like and support all personality and behavioral traits associated with old and generally obsolete stereotypes associated with tattoo-baring people".

I'm not stereotyping with girls or guys with a couple or few small tattoos I referring girls has tattoos all over their body like the girls I mention from my preivous post. Yes, those girls has pretty faces it's just the amount of tattoo they have, it change their perspective.

I guess it's more standard for a guy to have their whole body tattoo. But for a women it's a little different it's hard to accept in today society even for me. When I was in College most of my friends were into Grunge and smoking and having a tattoo meaning being part of a group kinda bondage. The girls they like to have a tattoos and smoking and gossip. I do hang out with them I stop hangin out less when I find out second hand smoking can be bad for you.

I guess the drive would be worth it? I mean you get to see your friend and get a good deal on a tattoo...

It would be rather dangerous to drive on the motorway for any distance with, say, a newly tattooed hand or arm.

Quite apart from the fact that I drive as little as possible these days due to health reasons.

I know lots of heavily tattooed girls who do not smoke, just as I know many non-tattooed women (and men for that matter) who are heavily into drink and drugs. Judging a book by the cover is a very dangerous game I would say.

Indeed, I like to think of my ink as being a kind of basic 'idiot-filter' in as far as that anyone who doesn't want to talk to me because they have made an instant judgement call about my personality (usually of the uneducated, illiterate, criminal kind) are exactly the kind of people I have little interest in speaking to. Job's a good 'un...

I thought a guy did those tattoos on you but a women?

Maria did all my ink over the 10 years up to the middle of 2011, before that it was mainly done by a bunch of various biker gang types.

I know lots of heavily tattooed girls who do not smoke, just as I know many non-tattooed women (and men for that matter) who are heavily into drink and drugs. Judging a book by the cover is a very dangerous game I would say.

I agree with you that's why I avoid eye contact with few girls.

Indeed, I like to think of my ink as being a kind of basic 'idiot-filter' in as far as that anyone who doesn't want to talk to me because they have made an instant judgement call about my personality (usually of the uneducated, illiterate, criminal kind) are exactly the kind of people I have little interest in speaking to. Job's a good 'un...

I think you surprise me because the amount of tattoos and your personality doesn't really fit your profile. I do feel over the years people don't take you serious of what you do but in the end you manage to win people over.

Maria did all my ink over the 10 years up to the middle of 2011, before that it was mainly done by a bunch of various biker gang types.

I think if you have time you can ask someone to drive and you can go to see Maria and ask her to do 1 tattoo once and while. I think knowing someone more 10 years is a long time and it's always good drop by and say hi you might made her day.

I think you surprise me because the amount of tattoos and your personality doesn't really fit your profile. I do feel over the years people don't take you serious of what you do but in the end you manage to win people over.

You are wrong then :) People have taken me seriously enough in both my personal and professional lives, and have done so by and large very quickly indeed - usually within a few minutes of striking up a conversation or listening to a pitch. Most people, I am happy to report, see beyond my tattoos just as most people see beyond skin colour, sexual orientation, gender etc etc.

I think if you have time you can ask someone to drive and you can go to see Maria and ask her to do 1 tattoo once and while. I think knowing someone more 10 years is a long time and it's always good drop by and say hi you might made her day.

I don;t need to get ink to keep in touch with a good friend :)

commented: I think I learn something from you today. Thanks! +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.