How often do you guys show up in the "Top Members by Activity Points Today".... Do you guys show up there daily, often, sometimes, rarely, never?

Just a curious quesiton.

Recommended Answers

All 34 Replies

I always come right behind HappyGeek and Ancient Dragon.... always second place! :)

Are you looking in the right column? I'm #36 in the list today and you are #2.

Your number 11....

But what I am saying is that normally i come in second place right after your two...

Right, I was looking at Activity Points, not position in the list. At any rate, you are a long ways above me. Happygeek may be #1 because of all the time he spends on doing his mod stuff.

I am now number 1!!! Now he is number 2! i have prevailed and made a milestone on Daniweb... I took a mods crown for today :)...

Aren't you a mod/admin?

Do you see the Mod or Admin badge beneath my avatar???

It says Team Colleague?

Did you customize yours?

Team College is someone who is no longer a mod or admin. I was a mod for several years, then decided to quit.

That makes much sense!

There's such a list?

It's helpful to trap the occasional spammer when a newly created, or newly active, account appears in the activity points top twenty list. A quick check of that member reveals if the activity is genuine or spammy.

Wow I have to be honest and say I've never scrolled down that page to find such stats :o Always presumed it just listed like the top 100 people for rep etc and that was it!

Happygeek... what do you mean by your post?

Someone whose name is unknown to me, be that a new member or one that has just started posting actively, and all of a sudden has gained enough activity points to be on the radar is generally: getting help with a difficult problem, or spamming. The top stats activity points list helps flag such accounts for further investigation.

Oh that makes sense... except i am on all the time :)... I am sure my name is known to both of you lol... (pritaeas answering about 300-400 of my questions and happygeek i have asked you about your books before :) )

S'OK, <MICHAEL>, I wasn't talking about you :)

oh... hahaha... you had me there for a second rofl :)

looks like today you got the highest activity points....

I had the highest yesterday ; )

Erm, it's not a competition you know...

it is an achievement :)

It isn't particularly hard to make contributions to nearly every running thread in the community centre. I could do this to boost my post count also, but that doesn't affect me either. ;)

I know... but i noticed that I always come in 2nd place after happygeek or Ancient Dragon... I decided to change that... :)

The point is to make a worthwhile contribution. My following comment is not meant to point out any similarity but only to make a point. A few months ago we had a member (now banned) who was making dozens of posts daily in Thoughts of the day. Most of the posts made no sense and the only reason I could see for making them was to boost his activity points. The big problem with posts like that is that it dumbs down the other content by sheer volume.

The point is to make a worthwhile contribution. My following comment is not meant to point out any similarity but only to make a point. A few months ago we had a member (now banned) who was making dozens of posts daily in Thoughts of the day. Most of the posts made no sense and the only reason I could see for making them was to boost his activity points. The big problem with posts like that is that it dumbs down the other content by sheer volume.

..translation..

Micheal, you are a valued member..don't continue to post several times in a thread to increase your post count or you'll be banned!

lol.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.