I don't why I am asking this maybe to gain your opionions... though I am not asking daniweb to change it's colors... but aside from DANIWEB being purple what other color should be it's theme color?

Dani's (sorry Dani, but i am going to answer for you :D unless you have an answer in mind): Purple
Me: Twitter Blue/Facebook Blue/Realtor.com Blue

Recommended Answers

All 48 Replies

Good question. I already like it this way. Purple is unique. But, if it would have to be another color something strong in the shade of red would be good.

Why not have an array of theme colours ("colors") and then people who have bought subscription can then use a hex code to have any colour of their choice? :D

just throwing it out there!!

andyedz, that would be an interesting theme color...

Phorce, I agree that would be cool!

I think the reason why she (Dani) chose purple as the theme is because it means nobility and she is the Queen of the Web (that is what her rank is I believe) :)

Some time ago, a colleague happened to ask me if I was active on any online forums. I told him I was a mod on Daniweb. He said: "Daniweb? Never heard of it." So, I popped up a browser on the Daniweb page, and he said: "Oh yeah, the purple forum."

I think it would be kind of impossible to ever change that color at this point. And even if it was possible, I do like the purple color scheme a lot. I'm actually surprised that it isn't more common. So, I guess you can file me under the "keep it purple" camp.

I don't why I am asking this maybe to gain your opionions... though I am not asking daniweb to change it's colors... but aside from DANIWEB being purple what other color should be it's theme color?

At one point several years ago each forum category had its own color, such as red or green. It wasn't memorable though; I honestly can't remember the color of the software development forums, and I spent far too much time on them...

As for what the main color should be if it weren't purple, maybe steel blue?

I happen to like the colour purple in general, so I guess im in the same camp as mike_2000_17.

I know that purple is the main scheme and it's hard to change... but what if they changed they scheme for the holidays... you know what I mean?

But yeah, purple is a great scheme that was well thought of but I think the reason why the scheme is purple is because Dani's rank is the queen of the web and nobility is represented by purple :D

FINALLY! Someone agrees with me about the BLUE!

Nice pick deceptikon!

Some time ago, a colleague happened to ask me if I was active on any online forums. I told him I was a mod on Daniweb. He said: "Daniweb? Never heard of it." So, I popped up a browser on the Daniweb page, and he said: "Oh yeah, the purple forum."

Really good point here, Mike. The branding with the "purple" color is quite strong already. Hard to change. But, still good to hear suggestions from others as to what would fit best if it was not purple.

I agree with all of you guys... purple is hard to change due to it being the iconic theme of this site, I am wondering why Dani hasn't participated in this yet lol :)

That purple forum comment was sarcastic in case you didn't notice, and as I previously posted purple should be banned from the color spectrum. Later!!!

I really like the purple, as its very iconic to daniweb, and nice one to dani for choosing it!!!

Because it is just so iconic, I don't think any other colour would fit to be honest!

Maybe we can do a dark grey color theme?

nice question...Purple is good but as anwering the question, it should be light orange or blue.

I like your taste on blue :)

I vote for infrared...especially during winter...help people out, stay toasty warm at the same time.

:-)

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea... :)

Purle is ok, it just needs a scattering of pink polka dots :)

purple_polka_dots1

That looks really interesting lol.

maybe black will be good enough or since it's going to be a christmas maybe a little Cristmas season display in the web :) j

I like the dark color ideas... I am wondering why dani hasn't participated yet lol...

In my country(Belgium) the colors purple and black are related to mourning. So I agree with with A.D. : put in some polka dots! :)

We originally became purple to be different and stand out from the 1,000,001 blue IT sites that existed back in the late 90s and early 2000s on the web. Purple was chosen for a number of subliminal reasons. Ten years later, it looks like Microsoft is actually copying US since Microsoft Visual Studio is now our shade of purple.

it looks like Microsoft is actually copying US

It does indeed. Even the little logo in my the Firefox tab looks almost identical!

Since when did Microsoft ever invent anything original?

commented: Hahaha :) +0

Aside from the Kinect I can't think of anything.

commented: Did they invent it? :) +0

I sometimes assume the site is purple because Dani's favorite color is purple and it means nobility (if you look at dani's rank it says "Queen of Daniweb")...

I never really liked microsoft, but they are improving.
(Honestly, all I need from microsoft is the xbox, word, powerpoint, excel... as of now really...)

Keep it purple! By all means. But I guess a tiny bit of other paint would do no harm.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.