Hello Everyone,

On two/three forums, I activated my account and i got logged in. After contributing in forum i thought of updating my profile and get a profile link than i tried to confirm it whether its visible on not but then i saw got this message:

USERNAME, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What is this issue about? And why i'm facing this? Any idea...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

it may be awaiting activation

This is the likeliest option. Your best bet would be to contact one of the admins/mods on the forum you are using.

vBulletin allows the administrator to select only certain usergroups the ability to edit their own profile. The error message is a generic message for any page not accessible to you, even though you're already logged in. You could be banned, not have an activated account, or the administrator might even have a requirement such as X posts / X reputation / X days joined / etc before you can edit your profile.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.