Member Avatar for LastMitch

LastMitch may be able to contain his Pepé Le Pew urges just long enough to allow them a few comments at least, eh? :-D

You're funny!

With the exception of AM, possibly others that I don't are female, it has been male-dominated, most of us emanating testosterone to out-muscle the other in arguments. I can't possibly understand why females would not want to get involved in such a discussion. :)

AM? You mean this member: Agilemind so shes'a girl.

Wow, this thread you created. You manage to have a single women's point of view against a bunch of man's point of view.

Amazing.

Member Avatar for diafol

Oh Gawd. Calm down Pep. :)

You manage to have a single women's point of view against a bunch of man's point of view.

Single as in singular. Unfortunately, it does seem so. Like I said, testosterone-fuelled sniping tends to alienate people from a more rounded inclusive discussion - which may bring us full circle to the original post. I'm as much to blame as anybody in this thread.

Member Avatar for diafol

BTW - do ya think you could type in a Frngench axe-ont frngom know ôn, mon cher? That would complete the picture.

Yeah. She kinda hinted at that when she posted

PS I am a woman who has experienced and observed British men being 'chivalrous'.

BTW - do ya think you could type in a Frngench axe-ont frngom know ôn, mon cher?

Well, Ay-eh can-eh try-eh too typ-eh wid eh québécouay haxent..

commented: très amusant (eh) +0
Member Avatar for Everyauction

Manners seem to be disappearing ? Why not? Equal rights, as one may say, do not longer require Men to be polite to Woman, why should they? Beeing nice to a woman today is almost a risky adventure, one never knows, if that thing ends up to be interpreted as sexual harassment. So, better to just ignore Females completely, than taking any risk.

What has changed ? Nothing really. In contrary, even Botox, Silicone, Stomachrings, Tatoowing, you name it, everything is beeing done to (meanlingly) look MORE sexy. Blonde is THE Color-Theme, "MAMI, EVERYBODY ELSE HAS GOT IT, i WANT IT TOO" the Mentality, is this really compatibly to Emanzipation? I am not even sure, that Emanzipation is really wanted by most Females. Equal Rights? What for, as long as someone else pays the bill?

Looking at the results after about 40 Years of female emanzipation, I see a 10-fold increase of divorces, I see, in my Country, 50+ percent of all children growing up beeing semy-orphans, growing up by mothers, largly even unable to take care for themselfs.

As a consequence, (leftist) Parties, (just now) trying to make laws to burden all the Problems related to this to State and Country, with the effect, that the State finally has to set up (and pay for) thousands of additional Child Hosts allow those 'poor' Semi-Orphans to receive and learn, what they, otherwise, would possibly never have a chance to. Mothers, so free of duties, find more time to download latest App's for their really most important Baby, the Iphone.

I fear very much, that this will have it's grave consequences. History teaches, what has happened to civilisations, unable to keep their ethical standards. No one of them ever survived, exept for a few stones and walls, here and there, telling the Story of past Greatness.

Others are waiting for this to happen, and others, especially in my Country, will, in 25-40 Years, be the (voting) mayority. Then, many things could and possibly will change very fast, and a lot of (western) Females could wake up one day, realizing, that all went very, very, wrong.

Sorry for my rather pessimistic forecast. But my visions during the past 40 Years always have become reality and More..., so, I am affraid, my worst expectations will be surpassed by far, as they have been in the past.

Emanzipation, Equal Rights, nice words, but they require Females to emanzipate themselfs and to prove their 'equality' by acting like grown-up and resonsible Adults, not just grown up Teens, for the rest of their live. Then, they deserve the right of beeing respected, as beeing equal, as Human, not just as Doll's, only looking to live an easy life on some wealthy Man's Wallet...

Mhhhh, that was hard, just to make it clear, I love Females, I always have. Because of this, I feel sorry for all those Young Kids, not realizing the consequences, bound to the political decisions, injected by leftist, multicultural, openborder-Politicians, blabering about the great international freedom and (regulated) individualism, thereby fully ignoring Human Reality and historical Laws.

Girls, please, don't kill me for what I have written here. I mean it!

Ernie

lucky me, I am married for 38+ Years with the same Woman, one of those (rather) rare specie's incorporating a lovely woman, a good wive, a good mother of 3 kids, and fully emanzipated.

Sorry for english, it's not my native langage...

Oh Gawd. Calm down Pep. :)

LOL!

Single as in singular. Unfortunately, it does seem so. Like I said, testosterone-fuelled sniping tends to alienate people from a more rounded inclusive discussion - which may bring us full circle to the original post. I'm as much to blame as anybody in this thread.

I mean I really didn't know there was a girl in this thread at all. I always felt Dani was the only girl in Daniweb. I hope Agilemind comes back so I can apologizes for being naive & obnoxious regarding about a women in general. I mean this thread was about a English women but it out of bound with other woman.

Looking at the results after about 40 Years of female emanzipation

Perhaps the problem is partly due to a bunch of white male neanderthals trying their damndest to force women into the ideal 1950s wifey/mother role that only ever existed in their fantasies while desperately hanging on to their outdated prejudices and hatred of anything that disturbs their completely distorted picture of reality.

but I'm not bitter

Looking at the results after about 40 Years of female emanzipation

More like 40 years of men telling women they don't need to be equal, are not deserving of being equal, shouldn't want to be equal. To my knowledge all countries with "emancipated" women still have substantial pay gaps, still have under-representation of women in senior positions, still have under-representation of women in politics, still have under-representation of women as expert commentators, etc....

Equality is more than just equal rights its equal treatment, equal representation and equal opportunities which frankly have yet to be achieved in any country.

History teaches, what has happened to civilisations, unable to keep their ethical standards

This is completely incorrect. Old civilisations fell because of: war, disease, political corruption and environmental degradation. Women being single, employed and enjoying having sex had nothing to do with it.

PS children raised by single mothers do much better than children raised in fighting or abusive households.

PPS the lies that women are emancipated and the "feminists are angry, lonely women who hate men" which has been perpetuated by male-dominated media is a major problem to achieving true equality.

commented: Well said! +0

still have under-representation of women as expert commentators

And it doesn't help when they hire commentators such as Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter.

Member Avatar for Everyauction

PS children raised by single mothers do much better than children raised in fighting or abusive households.<

For centuries, childrens are been raised mainly by mothers, regardless if those mothers are single or married. This is a fact. And I was not talking about fighting or abusive households, I was talking about grown up, responsible thinking and handling Adults and Parents.

Growing up with Mothers has effects on childrens, I know, I had a mother! But I also had a Father. He teached me how to be 'polite' to Adults, our Customers. But he not only teached me how to use my hands, eyes, ears and brain, He was my role model, getting to be a 'Man', something, logically unimaginable for a Woman, I understand this.

My Mother, she was different. Beeing a Man, she would have made it to any university, ending up beeing rich and famous. In School and Trade Certificates, only one Number was present, the 1.0! But born in 1914, two world wars as well as the crisis in between did not leave much time to choose, one had to make sure to have enough to eat.

So, widely unable to reach for the World, she decided to make the best out of what was possible for her at that time. She did not marry my old Man, because he was the best she ever met, but because he seemed to be enough 'Man' to enable her a decent live, a family, a Home, an existence, peace and freedom. Still better than beeing pi..sed for the Rest of her Live, locked in an endless Loop, searching for ways to try to make somebody responsible for all this.

You may say, I'm a dreamer, but I' not the only one. Despite of half of the population is NOT (longer) able to make enough Compromises to keep a Partnership intact, we should not concentrate on declaring this as beeing the STANDARD today, but concentrate on starting to educate our Kids on how to avoid to screw up their lives by doing the same Mistakes as their parents, over and over again.

Imagine, a mother, telling her young girl the following:

-- I wana be honest, I made a big mistake. I was young, dumb, and hot. I knew, it was dangerous, but honestly, I didn't care, I hated School anyway, I hated everything, so, eventually even getting pregnant would not have been a bad excuse after all to drop all that sh...! Ok I took the wrong Guy - you know, what an as.h... he is. At least, my lawyer made him pay for us. I hate him so much, I could poison him --

I stop here, I don't want to raise to much heat. I don't want to raise any heath. I just say: To stop Agression by Man, a lot of Mothers must learn not to 'powerfeed' their kids with agression trough their daily behaviour. Kids learn, from what they see, hear from and trough their parents, not much more and not much less, especially, when beeing very young.

Parents, unable to even handleand control themselfs, are the biggest obstacle for a non-biased future of their Kids. Without any excuse.

Ernie

..... bla bla bla ... I get so tired of hearing this kind of BS. The older generation whining about how the younger generation is on the road to perdition. This is as old as the world itself, things change all the time, and the older you get the easier it is to get the impression that the world has moved beyond your grasp, and you start to long for the good ol' days. One of the oldest newspaper article recovered from England, from 1600s, just happened to feature an editorial article that pretty much said the exact same thing as you (Everyauction) said here, and prophecizing that total mayhem would reign in a couple of generations if things kept going in this direction (but it appears we survived... uh.. and things got dramatically better too... oh well, I'm sure this time the prophecies will come true, and mayhem will reign in a few generations).

It can be hard to adapt to a changing world, and it can be easy tip over to the side of frustration and cynicism as you get older. But you should be aware that this is nothing more than a well-known and well-studied sociological phenomenon as people get older (passed the average age of the "active population"). Some people are less affected than others, it depends on the individual, but it's a natural thing, and you have fallen prey to it.

When I hear this kind of talk, all I think is: "poor old man in distress", and it saddens me.

Member Avatar for diafol

When I hear this kind of talk, all I think is: "poor old man in distress", and it saddens me.

Ouch! He he.

Nostalgia is heroin for old people. -- Dara O'Briain

And it doesn't help when they hire commentators such as Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter

I have yet to see a single person on FOX News who deserves to be considered an "expert" in anything. If anything they are just story-tellers who pretend their stories have some semblance of truth.

a lot of Mothers must learn not to 'powerfeed' their kids

I know it sucks when those who were oppressed throw off the shackles and teach their children that they should never accept shackles themselves. Conformity, Obedience, and Meekness were such great qualities.

I have yet to see a single person on FOX News who deserves to be considered an "expert" in anything. If anything they are just story-tellers who pretend their stories have some semblance of truth.

Couldn't agree more! Joan River and Kelly Osbourn are fashion poliece . . . says it all !

I only know this because my partner watches E! . . .

After six pages I'd like to point out that I now understand the need for automatic doors!

If you ask me who I am:

1. I'm George
  2. I'm Scottish
  3. I'm British
  4. I'm a European
  5. I'm a Human

I'm not now or will never be English.

Quick edit: I've nothing against the English really just I'm not English.
1536 - Act of Union joins England and Wales

1707 - Act of Union unites Scotland and England, together with Wales to form the Kingdom of Great Britain.

1801 - The Irish Parliament voted to join the Union. The then Kingdom of Great Britain becomes the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

1922 - Name changed to United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, when most of the Southern counties in Ireland choose independence.

P.S. some of those "acts" came at the point of a bullet (or lance..)

Q: How can you be Brittish and not English? Aren't they one in the same?

British generally refers to either the UK or Great Britain, where the former refers to the main island (with England, Scottland and Wales) and Northern Ireland, and the latter refers to just the main island. England is just one part of the main island, and the other states (Scottland and Wales) are semi-independent. So, being Scottish means you're British, and being English means you're British, i.e., it's a super-set / sub-set thing.

Member Avatar for diafol

Q: How can you be Brittish and not English? Aren't they one in the same?

This annoys the #### out of me. I think I spelled it out in previous posts on this thread?

How can you be an American and not a Texan?

That would be just as ludicrous. I bet Southerners get really cheesed off being referred to as 'Yanks' too.

How can you be an European and not be French?

It really pisses off some Dutch people when you refer to their country as 'Holland'. Holland is just a region of the Netherlands.

Sorry AD, my rant isn't directed at you. Just a general rant. :(

This annoys the #### out of me. I think I spelled it out in previous posts on this thread?

Yes I think you mention that. I remember that one because you explain the difference.

I bet Southerners get really cheesed off being referred to as 'Yanks' too.

Not especially, at least in my case. Then again, I tend to be apathetic about such things in general. ;)

Member Avatar for diafol

FROM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee :

To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.
To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.
To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.

To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.

That's why there's a sport team name after the Yankee.

The best team in baseball history or any sport in America is the New York Yankees.

Sadly to say that no other sports team in America can really represent being patriotic as the New York Yankees.

To Americans Yankees is a baseball team.

You are right, the NY Yankees have won more Baseball World Series (we like to call it that anyway) than any other team. I believe the St. Louis Cardnels is in next place.

Yankee - noun - sort of like a quickie except you do it yourself.

I couldn't hold back any longer.

commented: You bad man +0

You are right, the NY Yankees have won more Baseball World Series (we like to call it that anyway) than any other team. I believe the St. Louis Cardnels is in next place.

Yes, you correct the St. Louis Cardinals is next in line. The most recent 2011. Texas should have won but St. Louis came back.

Since we are ranting about national identies & distinctions can I just say to all non-North Americans: Canada is not the same as "America", Canada is not part of "America" and actually comprises more of North America (area-wise) than "America", thus if you are referring to the whole continent or the combination of Canada & the USA DO NOT REFER TO IT AS "America".

I've never mixed up Canada and the USA - is that a common misconception? Although I can clearly understand why it would annoy either party. Canadians can spell properly for one thing! e.g. colour...

I can also see how a non North American may hear a Canadian accent as an American one but that is more to do with being less familiar with the accent or the numbers of Canadian actors in US made programs?

Some people think "I am American" is the same as "I am a citizen of the USA" but really "I am American" can be said by anyone on the western hemisphere. And people from all the other countries in the western hemisphere think "there is an asshole" when said asshole says "I am an American" when he means "I am a citizen of the USA"

We are a lazy people and there is no easy way to say "USAian" or "united statesian" so we say 'american' cuz it is short, sweet and easier than anything else.

but I digress

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.