Have you ever wondered how a bird would cope in a zero-g environment? I have images of them spinning like tops then battereing themselves against the walls of the spaceship. ANybody have any ideas? Would the lack of a magnetic field (or the presence of an artifical one), flummox them as much as the absence of gravity? Any other animals you'd like to see floating about?

This sounds cruel. I like animals, honest.

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by <M/>
Featured Replies

Well, that is quite interesting...

So by my perspective, the birds will die in space due to lack of oxygen. Though, I wonder what it would be like to send honey badgers up there... or a man without a suit floating in space...

They seem to have trouble working out which way is up and which is down.

There is no up or down.

So by my perspective, the birds will die in space due to lack of oxygen.

I'm assuming he meant like in the space station or in the vomit comet.

I'm assuming he meant like in the space station or in the vomit comet.

I did indeed.

Found this

Hmmm Interesting - from years of watching the Muppets Show I can inform you that Pigs in Space seem to bumble from one funny adventure to the next... While Swedish Chefs are obsessed by chickens

Only just stumbled on this thread and it made me laugh. slow day that day by any chance diafol? The mental image of a bird spinning in space made me laugh too.

Edited by ChrisHunter

slow day that day by any chance diafol?

With my brain, every day's a slow day.

I realized that every day now i see birds in space... unless i am thinking angry birds...

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.