Member Avatar for diafol

Have you ever wondered how a bird would cope in a zero-g environment? I have images of them spinning like tops then battereing themselves against the walls of the spaceship. ANybody have any ideas? Would the lack of a magnetic field (or the presence of an artifical one), flummox them as much as the absence of gravity? Any other animals you'd like to see floating about?

This sounds cruel. I like animals, honest.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Well, that is quite interesting...

So by my perspective, the birds will die in space due to lack of oxygen. Though, I wonder what it would be like to send honey badgers up there... or a man without a suit floating in space...

Member Avatar for diafol

They seem to have trouble working out which way is up and which is down.

There is no up or down.

So by my perspective, the birds will die in space due to lack of oxygen.

I'm assuming he meant like in the space station or in the vomit comet.

Member Avatar for diafol

I'm assuming he meant like in the space station or in the vomit comet.

I did indeed.

Found this

Hmmm Interesting - from years of watching the Muppets Show I can inform you that Pigs in Space seem to bumble from one funny adventure to the next... While Swedish Chefs are obsessed by chickens

Only just stumbled on this thread and it made me laugh. slow day that day by any chance diafol? The mental image of a bird spinning in space made me laugh too.

Member Avatar for diafol

slow day that day by any chance diafol?

With my brain, every day's a slow day.

Sort of related: XKCD recently posted a nice article about Cessna's on other planets.

I realized that every day now i see birds in space... unless i am thinking angry birds...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.