Based off of the 2013 superbowl commercials, what was your favorite commercial? Personally, I don't think

I liked the one with Dwayne Johnson (i think it was Got Milk?). I also liked the ad they made for the 2 superbowl teams wanting to win the superbowl commercial (it was right before the game).

What were your favorites?

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

On the "didn't like" side, put me down for not liking the Bar Rafaeli ad. Normally I find it a good thing when the not-so-good-looking guy has a shot with the hot babe. Not this time.

@VernonDozier, for some odd and weird reason... I don't remember that one lol. Do you remember the Honda one, it was awesome. Another one I liked what the "God made a farmer" commercial. Overall, the logic behind that beer commercial involving the horse and the man was sickening because it incouraged young drinkers...

Did you notice a lot of the commercials were based off of alcohol? That is a good way to piss off the muslims (which includes me lol)

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@VernonDozier, for some odd and weird reason... I don't remember that one lol.

He meant the "Go-Daddy" commerical!

Bar Rafaeli was in it.

It's was not a good commerical at all.

I didn't even saw the game but I got a chance to see the commericals online after the game.

Oh.... that makes so much sense (I thought it was one of those beer commercials..). That commercial showed this math basically. Smart=Ugly and Dumb=Sexy...

The walking dead commercial is okay, have you guys seen it?

@LastMitch, did you at least hear about the blackout?

Did you notice a lot of the commercials were based off of alcohol? That is a good way to piss off the muslims (which includes me lol)

I had some of the worst reception ever when watching this game, streaming it on a computer owned by someone who bought bottom of the line internet service and it showed. Couldn't keep up with the game, lots of freezes at the worst possible times.

From a marketing perspective, alcohol manufacturers probably don't care whether they piss off a subpopulation that does not drink and hence will never purchase their product no matter what. And yes, a massive number of them are always based on alcohol. Hell, remember the Bud Bowl every year? What's football without beer? Following that line of logic, how many Muslims actually watch football?

Speaking of Muslims, wasn't there a commercial with some race through the desert, with cowboys riding horses, a hot babe driving a motorhome, and a Muslim riding a camel? Then you got to decide who should win the race and you could pick anyone BUT the Muslim riding the camel? I actually saw that one BEFORE the Super Bowl when reading an article about whether it was offensive. Not sure if it aired or not.

@vernonDozier, you will be surprised how many Muslims watch football... BTW, that commercial was the Coca Cola commercial...

I only heard about it after the fact (I only watched the last minute and a half of the game) and saw it online, but there was a Volkswagom commercial where a guy from Minnesota talks in Jamaican patois. Here's yet another example of people who have nothing better to do than be offended on behalf of other people. There's been a lot of talk about how that commercial is racist and that the actors migh as well have done it in blackface. Meanwhile, the commercial is quite popular in Jamaica and has gotten the official thumbs up from the Jamaican government.

How do you that the jamaicans like the commercial?

@LastMitch, did you at least hear about the blackout?

Yes, the blackout for an half hour.

Like I mention I really didn't watch the football game much.

I only saw bit and pieces and all the commericals I saw online.

Isn't it interesting that they blame the black out on beyonce?

How do you that the jamaicans like the commercial?

An article in the Washington Post. Obviously I haven't talked to all Jamaicans. Just one. And he liked it.

Yes, it was her fault -- she was REALLY HOT wasn't she :) :)

Quote from Washington Post:

On NBC’s “The Today Show,” Barbara Lippert, editor-at-large at mediapost.com, said she believed the commercial was racist because it was “just saying that black people are happy.”

OMG! Now that's just over the top, can't we even make a commercial depicting people being happy?? Why don't we just ban TV altogether so that won't happen ever again. It's all God's fault, He is just punishing us with happiness for all the gay rights movement. Why otherwise would anyone want to go to Jamaica and have a good time?

commented: yeah she was +0

The game was great, the entertainment was great, and the commercials had some good moments (Farmers). I had fun and a few beers, and I am still happy.

can't we even make a commercial depicting people being happy

Many years ago our local paper decided to stop running the cartoon Tumbleweeds. The reason given was that First Nations people had complained because it depicted them as stupid. It didn't matter that the cartoon depicted everyone as stupid.

I don't know I might have to read up on it.

Yes, it was her fault -- she was REALLY HOT wasn't she :) :)

I thought her shirt has buttons and when she start dancing like that I thought some stuff came out.

I guess it's normal do dance like that?

They also pointed out (on yahoo i saw it) that she pointed out an illumaniti sign...

They also pointed out (on yahoo i saw it) that she pointed out an illumaniti sign...

You watch too much odd news.

@LastMitch, yes... yes i do. I also read important news...

I also just noticed, surprisingly, that the most popular commercial (for girls) was the calvin klein ad.

Does Beyonce count lol?

Well... i said "commercial" but for most guys they didn't pay attention to her singing rather than to her body..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.