Well, have to say that was a much better performance from Wales to not only break the long run of losing internationals but to do so in Paris. The French looked like a shadow of their former selves, never really getting into the game at all.

Now, fingers crossed that England can continue with the good form and the record breaking stuff to beat Irelaand in Dublin for the first time in, what, ten years?

Please note, I am not holding my breath...

Recommended Answers

All 206 Replies

The French looked like a shadow of their former selves

same of Italy :(

@happygeek, i may be a bit ignorant here but are we talking about soccer?

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@happygeek, i may be a bit ignorant here but are we talking about soccer?

Not Soccer but Rugby.

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/wales/sixnations/table.php

I'm rooting to Scotland to win: 4W - 1L.
I think Wales might finish 3rd.
England 2nd
Italy 4th
Ireland 5th
France 6th

LastMitch:

Scotland? Are You Serious? I'm guessing you don't actually follow the sport of Rugby Union much :)

If Scotland win I will eat your hat, and coat for that matter.

cereal:

Italy only looked a shadow compared to the France game the weekend before. To be brutally honest, the number 10 was back to normal Italian 10 form against Scotland as in couldn't kick for toffee.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Azzurri (they have the legendary Castro after all - I'm a long-time Tigers fan) but the team still has a lot of problemns when it comes to playing mature and consistent rugby.

OK, my predictions:

England for the Grand Slam. Yes, sorry @diafol, that does mean I think we will beat Wales on Welsh turf.

2 = Wales
3 = Ireland
4 = Scotland
5 = Italy
6 = France

And, another yes, I really did say that France will get the wooden spoon. On the basis that they deserve it more than any other team the way they have been playing so far...

Based on what i am reading off of this thread, i think i will go for Italy, England, or Scotland (i know nothing about rugby, all i know is that it is a painful sport when you get smacked by another fellow... basically soccer and american football in one sport).

Italy or Scotland?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha!

Thanks <MICHAEL> for cheering me up this snowy morning here in West Yorkshire.

commented: Did i say something wrong? +0

PS, <MICHAEL>:

commented: i don't know what i said? +0

Hi,
I don't think Scotland will win it unless there are some fairly big upsets BUT I think for the first time in ages I'm seeing signs of improvement, maybe it's the new coaches. I'm happy to see improvement this year and mount a challenge next year.

France are certainly on course for the wooden spoon but you never know what French team could turn up in their remaining games, they will certainly be p'ed off at loosing at home.

If Wales get back to some form they could do Ireland a favour against England...

Italy sorry but I think they're depending on France playing badly to avoid the wooden spoon.

I think there is still a chance Ireland could win and that England don't have it all won yet although they are the only team who can do a grand slam.

basically soccer and american football in one sport

You're not making friends... American Football is like "Let's play a rough game, but we don't want to get hurt"... pansies.

I heard a good'en when someone on the radio was asked the difference between rugby and football, "Football is pretending to be injured for 90 minutes. Rugby is pretending you're NOT injured for 80 minutes".

If you don't agree with that you've either never heard of the Warrington Wolves player who ruptured a testicle and carried on playing for 20 minutes untill he was forced to come off, or you're a football player. . .

You can read the story here. The best part is he tweeted "Just coming out the hospital to go home... Seriously feel like I've left something?".

Englad all the way!

American Football is like "Let's play a rough game, but we don't want to get hurt"... pansies.

I'd say American men want to be able to produce babies after a football game :)

commented: lol +0

If Scotland win I will eat your hat, and coat for that matter.

Give me the Finest Scottish Whiskey I think I'll enjoy the moment once scotish be on Top Seed.

England for the Grand Slam. Yes, sorry @diafol, that does mean I think we will beat Wales on Welsh turf.

2 = Wales
3 = Ireland
4 = Scotland
5 = Italy
6 = France

Ireland in 3rd? I think Italy play much than Irish.

I think there is still a chance Ireland could win and that England don't have it all won yet although they are the only team who can do a grand slam.

You are giving England too much of a credit.

American Football is like "Let's play a rough game, but we don't want to get hurt"... pansies.

It is pretty rough. Those injures are very serious.

I'd say American men want to be able to produce babies after a football game :)

You mean testosterone? I don't think they are capable if they used that

cereal:

Italy only looked a shadow compared to the France game the weekend before. To be brutally honest, the number 10 was back to normal Italian 10 form against Scotland as in couldn't kick for toffee.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Azzurri (they have the legendary Castro after all - I'm a long-time Tigers fan) but the team still has a lot of problemns when it comes to playing mature and consistent rugby.

I completely agree, we have a lot of experience to gain.. I just hope we are not going to conquest the 10th wooden spoon.. :D

@happygeek, so Scotland is going to win? I don't watch rugby to begin with...

@Pritaeas, that is debatable

@AD, hahaha

Member Avatar for diafol

OK, I just found this thread. Pah, always late - just like Wales against Ireland :(

My Predictions for 6N

England 4W, 1L (lose to Wales) - win 6N on points difference
Wales 4W, 1L (lost to Ireland)
Ireland
Scotland
France
Italy

Before the first kick off I would have thought:

England
France
Ireland
Wales
Italy
Scotland

Member Avatar for diafol

So far...

Wales 22-30 Ireland

Wales behind by 27 points (3-30) after 10 minutes of the second half. They rallied and closed the gap to 8 points by the end. Heartening performance following a disasterous start. Ireland looked very fragile by the end and could very well have lost the match. Wales' 8th successive defeat.

England 38-18 Scotland

Scotland started bravely, but England took control and took their chances well. Very one-sided by the end.

Italy 23-18 France

Italy were wonderful, Orquera marshalling the back line with irrepressible Parisse carving up the French defence. Probably Italy's finest performance to date in the 6N. France on the other hand were very poor, had little penetration and took wrong options. Michalak should be dropped for the next game.

France 6-16 Wales

Brutal game, no frills with both teams desperate to win following shocking performances in Round 1. Wales had not won in Paris since 2005. The game was taken into the trenches, with the decisive Wales try coming 10 minutes from the end. Horrible game to watch as a neutral. Bipolar Welsh supporters now on a high, with expectations of winning the championship. Fickle idiots.

Ireland 6-12 England

Another brutal, uncomprimising game, which England deservedly won. England were far more clinical and Ireland squandered possession at vital moments. Neither side looked like scoring a try. England, like Wales were happy to 'win ugly' away from home. England will be looking forward to entertaining a beleaguered France.

Scotland 34-10 Italy

A surprise result, let alone the margin. Scotland tore through Italy like a North Wind, forcing the Italians to make error after error. The ever-reliable Parisse was off his game and poor Orquera probably had the worst game of his life. Hero to Zero. Scotland will be up for their encounter with Ireland. Italy will be in the war room preparing for Wales' visit in 2 weeks time.

Predictions:
England 23-13 France
Italy 19-27 Wales
Scotland 12-14 Ireland

Anyway, in the words of Ol' Kelly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AILI4KEvNgw

commented: Excellent summary, old chap :) +0

So basically... your saying that England is going to claim glory?

I got to start watching rugby then... if it is ever on espn.

Member Avatar for diafol

So basically... your saying that England is going to claim glory?

Unfortunately...

Well if England wins, that will be okay... well for me it will be because i don't even know what the England team is called so i won't be affected :) (i bet happygeek is going to laugh...)

I got to start watching rugby then... if it is ever on espn.

It's on Espn. I think you have to subscribe it. I usually watch the espn update online.

I'm rooting for the Scotish.

It's only 5 games or 4 now. So everything counts.

It's on Espn. I think you have to subscribe it. I usually watch the espn update online.

By any chance is it on ESPN tv, ever? Or is it just online preview?

You are giving England too much of a credit.

Nope, statement of fact: England are the only unbeaten team left in the 6N, therefore they are the only side that can pull off the Grand Slam.

@happygeek, so Scotland is going to win? I don't watch rugby to begin with...

We can tell that...

And, no, Scotland will not win the 6N. However, at least they will not get the wooden spoon this year...

The English Premiership is on ESPN/ESPN HD here in the UK - at least for the rest of this season. The matches are shared with Sky Sports - at least for the rest of this season. Next season the rights to broadcast the Premisership have been won by BT and it's all up in the air as to what deals will be done with Virgin/Sky etc regarding who covers what. Sigh.

As for the Six Nations, that is broadcast by the BBC.

i don't even know what the England team is called

I hope you are sitting down <MICHAEL> as this may come as something of an eye-opener.

The England team is called.....

..... erm, England :)

commented: Oh, i thought they had a fancy name to it... like that Los Angeles Clippers... you know what i mean? +0
Member Avatar for diafol

The Welsh team was called 'The Dragons' at one time, but as they failed to breathe anything other than some farty smoke, the name was dropped, but at least they weren't renamed the 'Daffodils' :)

The BBC don't air outside the UK AFAIK, but 3rd party distributors may be able to do so. Here's one:

http://www.viewtvabroad.com/watch-6-nations-abroad-outside-uk.html

However, I've never had cause to use it, and am a bit wary of these types of sites.
All the matches have been uploaded to YouTube (but for how long??):

ROUND 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR5tYtr-TvE (Italy - France) - Best game so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSSEovES4DY (Wales v Ireland) - not the one I'd link to out of choice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBv5xkM-lAs (England -Scotland)

ROUND 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-f5KatqDD4 (France v Wales) - only for purists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmHJU_ZOsrA (Ireland - England) - another one for purists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBCzvcxj-oE (Scotland - Italy)

The uploader has some 'highlights' episodes too, so if you've never watched rugby and want to get a flavour for how good it can be, minus the minutes in the trenches, they may be a better choice. However Italy-France is a belter.

As for the Six Nations, that is broadcast by the BBC.

Is that BBC channel on cable or different?

The BBC don't air outside the UK AFAIK, but 3rd party distributors may be able to do so.

There's a cable channel for BBC in the states but I'm not sure it's the ones that happygeek mention.

Scotland all the way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.