and has been for the last five or six years now

It's been a few years longer than that -- I've been a member for over seven years and the newsletter was around when I joined.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Bit harsh HG? True though.

HappyGeek is talking trash because England is in 1st.

Wales is in 2nd

Scotland is in 3rd

Ireland is in 4th

Italy is in 5th

France is in 6th

the technical side of the game just isn't up to scratch and shows no real evidence of getting up to scracth either.

It's called pride.

I picture Italy going to put up fight and make England sweat.

After this game, England ego will bruise then they realized they have to face Wales.

It should be a tradition that England should eat a Glamorgan sausage (Welsh cuisine) before the game.

Wales might be happy because England players might be too full and having difficulty running and they will burn out.

Member Avatar for diafol

What you reckon for the final placings (remaining games)?

England (1W, 1L)
Wales (2W)
France (2W)
Ireland (1W, 1L)
Scotland (2L)
Italy (2L)

Maybe France/Ireland other way around on pts difference.
Wales may sneak it against England, Italy will fold, and France will be too strong for the other Celts.

What you reckon for the final placings (remaining games)?

No, It's the current standing.

I think I will post my final standing on Friday.

There is no MotM page. The feature is part of the DaniWeb Digest (newsletter) that is sent by email to every registered member on a monthly basis and has been for the last five or six years now - I actually cannot recall the exact year that I started writing it.

hmm okay, if that is the case, i have never recieved one of those emails then...

hmm okay, if that is the case, i have never recieved one of those emails then...

I receive it last 2 months of DaniWeb Digest. I always read it and then delete it.

I always get emails from Daniweb so I can remember what I post or who I help.

Without any Daniweb email I will be lost.

I've been a member for over seven years and the newsletter was around when I joined

Hehe, time flies when you are having fun... and writing the newsletter is fun :)

<MICHAEL> Check your spam folder, it's probably in there.

i checked in my inbox, it turns out i have recieved the emails but oddly enough, i have only recieved 2 of them since 2012-2013. and those are the only 2. has there only been 2?

Back to the rugby:

Italy always give England a scare, it's traditional. As is England ending up beating them. That said, the scares usually only happen when Italy are in Italy, this time it's a double whammy of Twickenham and a pretty hot England squad. I think that will be way too much for them and foresee a pretty decent victory in terms of GD.

The final game will be one of the bext climaxes to the 6N for some time, seeing as the Grand Slam will depend upon it. I'm inclined to agree The Welsh One in as far as Wales possibly sneaking it on the day. Home advantage counts for a lot when that home is the Millennium Stadium, add to that the fact that a win would deny the English their first Grand Slam for 10 years :)

I'm looking forward to the remaining French games, as surely the management will recover their sanity and put out a decent team and leave them on the pitch if they are playing well this time. If this happens I cannot see the French being troubled, and can see some truly big scoring victories.

Member Avatar for diafol

No, It's the current standing.

WTH? It most certainly isn't. Current:

EWSIrItF - I predicted EWFIrSIt

Italy gives England a scare in about every sport don't they? But as far as i am aware of, England is victorious in rugby against italy.

So who do you think is going to win the final game? And i am going to watch clips of the final game (maybe) on youtube or espn or wherever they display them.

<MICHAEL>

has there only been 2?

There can be only one.

Highlander references aside, the digest goes out every month and has done every year since I got involved with DaniWeb and started writing them.

okay but i have only recieved one from 5/20/12 and 9/16/12...? so am i missing something?

I wouldn't know about other sports as I am only interested in rugby union, boxing and mixed martial arts. Italy isn't the greatest boxing nation to be fair, and neither country is over-represented in the UFC.

I will put me head on the block and say that, on current form, England will grab the Grand Slam and beat Wales - but it won't be a pretty match to watch and the score will be low and close. Kicks will win it one way or another.

<MICHAEL>

so am i missing something?

Yes, you are missing every other copy of the DaniWeb Digest which would have been sent to your registered email address each and every month following your joining DaniWeb.

any ideas why i don't recieve them?

Member Avatar for diafol

on current form, England will grab the Grand Slam and beat Wales

But remember, we'll have every supporter from Wales, Scotland, Ireland and France - living, dead and yet to be born - shouting us on. That's quite a boost. :)

<MICHAEL> Nope. Much more likely that they were sent but have been filtered out as spam either by your mail provider (if they have server side filtering) or your mail client. Have you checked your spam filters? Is your current email address still the same as the one you registered with?

You could start a new thread in the community feedback forum where Dani might be able to provide more insight.

Member Avatar for diafol

How much will it take to make him bite I wonder...

I will put me head on the block and say that, on current form, England will grab the Grand Slam and beat Wales - but it won't be a pretty match to watch and the score will be low and close. Kicks will win it one way or another.

It's too early to tell, the games has played yet, don't you hear the bagpipes in background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxpggQyIzLQ

But remember, we'll have every supporter from Wales, Scotland, Ireland and France - living, dead and yet to be born - shouting us on. That's quite a boost. :)

If Scotland a lose this weekend, then yes gotta support the minority.

France, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Wales will sing this song before watching the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOwNBP_B1xo

This will defintely motivate Welsh and mostly Wales will beat England next weekend.

I hope you have a tasty hat, as you are going to be eating it :)

I hope you have a tasty hat, as you are going to be eating it :)

Actually, I'm gonna eat fish and chips. =)

I think the Scotland fish and chips taste little better than the England fish and chips.

Not sure if Welsh eat fish and chips.

But I do know the Irish do ...

I know I'm gonna have a heart burn but a good one.

Member Avatar for diafol

Not sure if Welsh eat fish and chips.

We do. A lot. Too much.

I think the Scotland fish and chips taste little better than the England fish and chips.

WTF? How did you come to that opinion? Did you have yours stuffed with a deep fried Mars bar?

I know I'm gonna have a heart burn but a good one.

F&C shouldn't give you heartburn. In fact, cooked properly it's not too unhealthy. Ingredients are simple - potatoes - cut into bit chips - not those oil-absorbing fries, usually cod or other white fish; and flour, water (or beer) for the batter.
So far, so good.

A couple of gallons of vegetable oil. A bucket full of salt and another gallon of vinegar.

That last bit's not so good I suppose.

We do. A lot. Too much

I didn't know that but good to know

WTF? How did you come to that opinion? Did you have yours stuffed with a deep fried Mars bar?

Actually there's no difference. I was just Trash-talk because I really have a bad feeling Italy going lose big time.

In the states it taste much different than the UK/Scotland/Ireland.

UK/Scotland/Ireland they used lard to fried the fish but in the states they used peanut oil or vegetable oil. For the batter is bread crumbs or just flour. You are correct about the batter. The difference's is the beer with flour.

The reason I know about this is because there's a Irish bar (pub) that serve fish and chip.

The guy at the bar told me the difference and I be honest with you it does taste different.

As for the chips, in the states it's varies from resturants it's either kettle chip or regular fries.

At the pub the bar serve the chips with skin on. It taste really good.

F&C shouldn't give you heartburn. In fact, cooked properly it's not too unhealthy. Ingredients are simple - potatoes - cut into bit chips - not those oil-absorbing fries, usually cod or other white fish; and flour, water (or beer) for the batter.
So far, so good.

I don't cook much fried food because if I do cook fried food then I end up cleaning the grease off the oven.

Member Avatar for diafol

15 minutes to Scotland-Wales kick-off. Phooo - butterflies in the stomach. Atrocious BBC punditry again. Thank Dog for S4C - English subtitles if you can't speak Welsh :)

15 minutes to Scotland-Wales kick-off.

It's gonna be close game.

Member Avatar for diafol

Too close. Totally against the run of play as in Scotland's last game.

Half Time: Scotland 12:13 Wales

Wales have almost all of the possession, almost all of the territory, but our Mr Reliable, Leigh Halfpenny has missed 3 kicks (could be 12-22). Laidlaw has kicked beautifully for Scotland. The Welsh pack are killing Scotland in the scrums, BUT the ref has got a whistle up his derriere as he seems to blow it every time he takes a step.

One try so far for Hibbard the hooker. Tremendous strength to drive over against 4 men. Not a great game so far - very little flow, too much kicking - especially from Scotland. Joubert, the ref, seems to have lost control of it. Shame.

Member Avatar for diafol

50mins: Scotland 15:16 Wales :|

55mins: Scotland 15:19 Wales :)

58mins: Scotland 15:22 Wales :)

60mins: Scotland 18:22 Wales :(

63mins: Scotland missed pen

67mins: Scotland 18:25 Wales :)

72mins: Scotland 18:28 Wales :)

FINAL SCORE Scotland 18:28 Wales :)

Not a great game, the ref should retire gracefully.

Member Avatar for diafol

OK, well seeing as England already have a 7 point difference advantage with a cricket score against the Italians tomorrow, I can't see Wales winning the 6N. However, if England grind out a tight victory a few points, then Wales could just about do it as the difference between the points difference of the two nations is effectively halved when they play each other. So if there's only 10 points difference between the two countries going in, Wales will need to win by 6 points. Still, very tall order.

Now looking forward to Ireland-France next. I fancy France to win by about 5 points.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.