I've watched rugby and it was so entertaining that even my wife watched it with me. However, i only watch games that includes the All Blacks and have yet to see a match not involving them.

As for comparing Rugby with American Football, it's like comparing Highschool players and Pros.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

However, i only watch games that includes the All Blacks and have yet to see a match not involving them.

Why All Blacks?

Is it because Philippines is closer to New Zealand?

6 hours differences is not bad from the US to UK but 18 to 22 hour differences is bad from the US is to New Zealand. It's hard to keep track.

So Rugby 6th Nation games is much closer to keep track than All Blacks.

Member Avatar for diafol

All Blacks because they play in black jerseys and shorts.

As for comparing Rugby with American Football, it's like comparing Highschool players and Pros.

You sure you got that the right way round? :)

You can't compare them. Simple as that. If AF players didn't have all that padding, you wouldn't see any 'big hits'. Also, you can't compare player for player, as pretty much 1-15 stay on the pitch for 80 minutes in rugby (unless they're sin-binned, sent off, have a blood injury or need to be replaced). AF, I think have at least two teams? I'm no expert. Stamina and power on one hand vs. just power on the other IMO. Also, rugby is reasonably international - its played to a pretty good standard on every continent. The same can't be said for AF - although I do realise that there's a World Championship. You could probably argue for 5 teams being able to win a World Cup in rugby (NZ, Aus, SA, Eng, Fra), whereas if the US decided to put a real national side out in AF, I doubt anybody could come close. Although I tried to compare, it really doesn't work, does it?

So which is the pros :)

All Blacks because they play in black jerseys and shorts.

I know that. =)

I was just curious why oalee only watch Australia or New Zealand Rubgy instead Europe Rubgy.

I mean the time zone is really different.

LastMitch: I just find the All Blacks more entertaining than Euro teams. And I guess the "Haka" that they do is also quite entertaining. I have yet to learn the details of the game but I have a general idea on how it is played. I am a sportslover and I watch a variety of sports (except cricket which I can't really understand). :) I watch mostly basketball and football though.

Just for info, www.filmon.com shows english tv, via internet, worldwide, and freeeee,
and England WILL WIN 6N and Grand Slam!

Member Avatar for diafol

Oooooohhh! Butterflies already...

Member Avatar for diafol

Half Time
Italy 9 - 6 Ireland

Ireland hit by terrible injuries. BOD made a horrible stamp. Guy made a meal of it, even so, pretty low for such a talented player. Although a good old shoeing never did anybody any harm (!), there's no place for a petulant bitch-stamp like that. I was pretty ambivalent with regard to the outcome before that, now I want Italy to win.

Member Avatar for diafol

Italy win! 22-15.

Good game. Ref, Englishman Wayne Barnes was outstanding.

Member Avatar for diafol

Wales - England about to kick off - I can't stand it. I'm gonna be sick.

Member Avatar for diafol

Half Time
Wales 9 - 3 England.

What a game!!! Best half in the 6N so far. How wrong was I - I thought that it would be nervous, tight up-the-jumper rugby. Couldn't have been more wrong. Congratulations to both teams for coming out with the right attitude. My previous pulse rate record has just been broken.

Member Avatar for diafol

60 mins
Wales 17-3 England

Wales will win 6N if difference = 7 or more.

Member Avatar for diafol

70 minutes
Wales 30 - 3 England

:)

Member Avatar for diafol

Full Time
Wales 30 - 3 England

Wales 6N Champions. No contest in 2nd half. Will have a few pints now. :)

2c6cfaec7e18048829397ef94b8e01d6

Still got Scotland/France to go. The result of which will see either Ireland or France win the Wooden Spoon (last place).

High as a kite at the mo (no drugs!) :) :) :)

RBS Highlights - shows the kicks and tries rather than the open play.

commented: Congratulations Wales. Good Job! +0
Member Avatar for diafol

50 minutes
France 6 - 6 Scotland

All France and Scotland were 6 up at half time. How the hell do they do it? Similar story against Wales and Ireland.

France on the charge at the mo...

@65mins
Fofana - beautiful try.

Full time: France 23 - 16 Scotland

3a366370e6478cc6746c638a980241e7

What a day that was yesterday. Some great rugby. Unfortunately, not from England in the second half.

Wales deserved the win and the 6N based on that performance, truly dominated England in the second half.

Italy were also brilliant, what a blinding effort against the under-par Irish.

Shame Scotland couldn;t hang in there, but I was pleased that France got the wooden spoon (no matter what the French say about not getting it) as they were the worse team during the 6N by a mile.

Already looking forward to pwning Wales next year... ;)

Member Avatar for diafol

Already looking forward to pwning Wales next year... ;)

Yep looking forward to Twickers. Nothing like beating the English on their own patch :)

Wales 6N Champions. No contest in 2nd half. Will have a few pints now. :)

Wales was really prepare for the game. I mean they destory England every single way.

Italy were also brilliant, what a blinding effort against the under-par Irish.

Italy was good.

Shame Scotland couldn;t hang in there, but I was pleased that France got the wooden spoon (no matter what the French say about not getting it) as they were the worse team during the 6N by a mile.

I'm satify Scotland did finish 3rd place.

Yep looking forward to Twickers. Nothing like beating the English on their own patch :)

I think HG was really disppointed. You have every right to Trash Talk (for now) until next year. =)

Actually, I thought the last day of the 6N produced some of the best rugby of the entire tournament. As a rugby fan I was really pleased with that. Even the Wales/England match was a cracker (from both sides) in the first half, it was only the second half where England fell asleep and Wales played their socks off that became one-sided. All in all, a great weekend for international rugby and nothing to be disappointed about...

As a rugby fan I was really pleased with that.

I know you are died hard rugby fan base on the posts. Regarding about the last day of the tournament I feel the games was good too. I feel none of the teams throw the games. I think the Wales/England match up was surprise. I didn't think England fell asleep but they look frustrated. I didn't expect the final score was like that.

I like rugby now, I did enjoy the watching the games online. I hope next year 6N will be much fun too. It's pretty normal to brag about winning the championship which Wales did. I only wish Scotland (or Italy) had won so I can brag about it for whole year. =)

Member Avatar for diafol

Wales will celebrate for a month :), then it's back to business. History is just that, history. Staying on top requires hard work and not taking your eye off the ball. England will be a tough team to beat next year. Scotland, Dog knows how, managed a decent showing, but they need to develop an attacking game. Ireland were decimated by injuries, so their performance this year cannot be measured in normal terms. Italy, well done them, continue to develop. France will be looking at the sky and wondering just what the hell happened.

The Lions tour is coming up and that should generate a lot of interest. Not from me though. I have very little interest in the Lions team. Frankly I couldn't give a flying fig if they win or lose, but I'll watch it all the same just to see how the Welsh players get on.

The Lions tour is coming up and that should generate a lot of interest. Not from me though. I have very little interest in the Lions team. Frankly I couldn't give a flying fig if they win or lose, but I'll watch it all the same just to see how the Welsh players get on.

I don't think I can watch it either because the time zone. It's like a 20 hours ahead. By the time I wake and go to work the game is over. 6N is much better suited because the timezone is with 6 to 8 hours.

I know its off topic but ... in soccer Wales was so lucky beating Scotland. They should play in the blizzard. I don't think Scotland will make it to World Cup. But Wales have a chance. England is most likely in.

The Lions tour is always a bit of a disappointment, if I am absolutely honest. I mean, you pick some of the best players from the UK and then throw them together with no real time to train properly and play as a team. What you end up with is a bunch of highly talented individuals on the pitch, and the play suffers as a result. I'm not really sure why they bother with it anymore.

Member Avatar for diafol

I know its off topic but...

Yes it is, start a soccer thread if you want to discuss that load of shite.

I'm not really sure why they bother with it anymore.

Me neither. Plenty of people out ther love it though. I remember when they used to be called the "British Lions" - used to send most of the Irish up the wall (and alienate all us nationalists). The changed the public name, but that hasn't changed our perceptions.

@HG

Do you remember the Eng/Wal vs Ire/Sco game - was it back in 1980? It was Welsh Centenary match when my uncle was president of the WRU. What a load of old tosh. Niether English nor Welsh could bring themselves to cheer on a team, half of which was made up of the traditional enemy. Same with the Lions. Pointless IMO.

However, always interesting to speculate on the team. What's your starting XV? I couldn't choose the Wales XV, but in all honesty, I was struggling to find alternatives looking at individual match-ups. Some amazing players don't feature here, like Robshaw, Kearney, Hogg, Zebo, Sexton, Ryan Jones, Tom Croft, Healy, Laidlaw. Some injured, some just losing out, some not experienced enough IMO. I'm struggling to find a Scotsman to shoe-horn into the first XV. That's a shame.

Loose Head

Gethin Jenkins (W) * work rate is beyond compare

Hooker

Richard Hibbard (W) / Rory Best (I) * can't separate these two

Tight Head

Adam Jones (W) * no competition here – amazing scrummaging, defence and scavenging

Second Rows (2)

Alun Wyn Jones (W) / Geoff Parling (E) * - I can't choose an all-Wales pack can I??

Blind Side

Sam Warburton (W) *great last performance on the opposite side, edges out Ryan Jones (W)

Open Side

Justin Tipuric (W) * unbelievable speed

No.8

Toby Faletau (W) * Heaslip well off the boil

Scrum Half

Mike Phillips (W) * can be up-and-down, but horrible to contain

Outside Half

Owen Farrell (E) * poor performances from all 10s – best of the worst

Inside Centre

Jamie Roberts (W) * limited ability, but who else is there wearing 12? Tuilagi? Hmph.

Outside Centre

Brian O'Driscoll (I) * just for his 'old head', not his 'bitch-boot'

Left Wing

George North (W) * outstanding in defence and attack – no competition

Right Wing

Alex Cuthbert (W) * naive in the extreme, but deadly finisher – who else is there? Struggling.

Full Back

Leigh Halfpenny (W) * cert for first XV. 6N player of the tournament. Nuff said.

------------------------------------
I'm sure you're gonna disagree. :)

Yes it is, start a soccer thread if you want to discuss that load of shite.

Maybe next year.

Lions tour - it's only 4 teams.

This is the schedule for the Lions:

Saturday 1 June 2013, The Barbarians, Hong Kong Stadium, Hong Kong
Wednesday 5 June 2013, Western Force, Patersons Stadium, Perth
Saturday 8 June 2013, Queensland Reds, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Wednesday 12 June 2013, New South Wales / Queensland Country invitational team Hunter Stadium, Newcastle
Saturday 15 June 2013, New South Wales Waratahs, Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney
Tuesday 18 June 2013, ACT Brumbies, Canberra Stadium, Canberra
Saturday 22 June 2013, Australia - First Test, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Tuesday 25 June 2013, Melbourne Rebels, AAMI Park, Melbourne
Saturday 29 June 2013, Australia - Second Test, Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
Saturday 6 July 2013, Australia - Third Test, ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Most likely I'll wait til the 6N comes back.

Member Avatar for diafol

3 weeks of rugby before the first test will mean plenty of injuries. We'll see unexpected faces in the the first XV, either due to injury or some having outstanding performances in the mid-week games.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.