Hello! I'm in need of a quick $9 for a domain that I need to purchase quickly as it is perfect for the webservice I am planning. I have a paypal, write tons of php,javascript,html,css was just wondering where and how I could possibly make around $10 this weekend? Is there a specific type of PHP application I could sell or that is in high demand at the moment? I would try freelancing but in most Web Development freelancing the age of 18 is in the user agreement (I do not reach that requirement) so not quite sure what to do. If anyone has any ideas on the best way to make around $9 that would be great! Thanks for any suggestions! (I use paypal btw)

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

I think I misread your question but are you asking to buy a domain and sell applications off of it, basically creating an e-commerce. (please tell me if I am wrong, I am a bit sore from basketball practice...)

Well, one thing you can do is create forms, those are in high demand as far as I can see.

most Web Development freelancing the age of 18 is in the user agreement (I do not reach that requirement) so not quite sure what to do

I also don't meet that requirement but what you can do is work under your parent's name... that is what I do.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@NardCake

If anyone has any ideas on the best way to make around $9 that would be great! Thanks for any suggestions! (I use paypal btw)

It's best to ask your family with assisting with this one.

@LastMitch, he could mean $9 per sale...

I would try freelancing but in most Web Development freelancing the age of 18 is in the user agreement (I do not reach that requirement) so not quite sure what to do

<MICHAEL> He's not 18 yet kinda like you too. I can't give him $9 dollars.

Didn't your mom & pop explain to you that money doesn't fall from the trees.

commented: indeed, sorry for error in down, should've been up!! :) +0

Sorry for any misunderstanding here. I was just asking for the best way to make some money so I could purchase the domain I have my eyes on ($9).

Member Avatar for misi

A domain is not enough for a webservice.
You have to have your own site, have to buy your webspace and pay for it more than $9.
(I hope you do not want to setup your webservice on free webspace.)

Yes I understand that misi, although it won't require much.

@NardCake

I know you are smart kid. I know you didn't know but you really shouldn't post a thread like this in PHP section maybe in the Geek Lounge or even in Jobs & Resumes it's more suitable you can get alot of opinions and replies on how to approached this.

@NardCake, you may not like my response but you should just ask your parents for the cash to pay for the domain. I personally pay for my own (i trade stock/currency to gain the cash, if you were wondering) but i know others like to have their parents give them whatever... so it is your choice :)

Rake some leaves, shovel some snow, wash somebody's car or walk their dog. You can make 9$ doing just about any trivial chore. It doesn't take a lot of imagination.

commented: How the old school works!! work for your cash or be broke, ;) +0

Are you kidding? The only thing kids know how to do nowdays is play on the computer. I don't think I'd trust some kid to shovel snow off the driveway or rake the leaves, they might get a heart attack from lack of exercise.

commented: lmao, indeed ancient. If they hear the word shovel they are already mia!! +0

The OP mentions $19 in his heading, $9 in his post and then $10, seems that we want to make some money, not sure how much. I am from the old school, chores are still the best to achieve this if it is only a few bucks. No pc will instantaniously start creating wealth for you - long road ahead... ;)

My in-laws are pretty old. After a recent snowstorm, some neighbour kids came over, shoveled their driveway, then left without going to the door. They weren't asked to come over and they didn't ask for payment or even recognition. The only way my in-laws knew who had done the shovelling was by the trail of footprints they left behind. Apparently there are still some parents left who instill good values in their children.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section, wasn't quite sure what section it should go in. The money needs to be credited to my Paypal account so I can purchase the domain. I thought my best bet would be selling php scripts on http://codecanyon.net I'm just not quite sure what exactly to write, or what people will be interested in.
Also the domain is $9, sorry for any confusion on the price there. I appreciate help so far, but it doesn't exactly satisfy my needs. Thanks!

@A D,

Are you kidding? The only thing kids know how to do nowdays is play on the computer. I don't think I'd trust some kid to shovel snow off the driveway or rake the leaves, they might get a heart attack from lack of exercise.

I beg to differ on that.... some kids are very capable of making money more effectively than most adults...(i trade lol... and do chores for free)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.