That's just so much bullshit. Science is leading noone to destruction. If God created everything then it follows that God also created science, and doctors, and dentists, and ... It's a little like the gun issue -- guns don't kill anyone, people kill people. God created science, so what do you expect He thought we should do with the science He created? I see no conflict between belief in God and science. Science is nothing more then our attempt to explain how and why God created all that stuff. Science is just an attempt to explain to ourselves something that has always existed. Nuclear weapons have always existed, since the beginning of time itself, because God created it that way. Man didn't create nuclear weapons, God did.
So you can not say that "science is leading us now to descrition". That's just a ridiculous statement.

Brilliantly said...

Science is LEADING US NOW TO DESTRUCTION

Its not Science that lead us to Destruction. Its people who aim for Power using science.

Man didn't create nuclear weapons, God did.

Are you Telling us that GOD created this for our own DESTRUCTION?

Are you Telling us that GOD created this for our own DESTRUCTION?

Nope... it was a test to see what we would do with it (good or bad).

That would make sense. So, Why anyone praise SCIENCE before GOD?

Why anyone praise SCIENCE before GOD

That would be IF they believe in science or are aethiests...

Why anyone praise SCIENCE before GOD?

I praise science because it's awesome (even though careless fools can use it to do bad things).
I don't praise God because there isn't a shred of evidence of that such a being exists. I don't worship Santa Claus either.

Well if science is just another part of God's "wonderful creation", then get on-board with the plan and concentrate your efforts on science, don't waste time praising God, He probably would prefer to see you getting busy fulfilling His plan for the fruition of science.

Praising science has a practical purpose, i.e., to promote it and encourage people to learn about it, to develop their critical thinking, and participate to the advancement of society, the last 3-4 centuries have been the most fruitful, lets keep it up!

Praising God has the effect of lending credence to many of the corrupt leaders that lead the "flock", those who twist some vague old scriptures into any meaning that serves them. Praising God reinforces the idea that it's good to believe in things without evidence, leaving the door wide open to charlatans and propagandists. Praising God sends the message to your fellow humans that you do not care to work with them, to discuss with them, to reason with them, and to compromise with them for a better world for all, but that you'd rather blindly obey some rigid cosmic law very incompetently handed down by an almighty being of questionable moral character and who, for no good reason, you believe has a legitimate claim over your life, your dignity, and your freedom.

So, if I did believe in God, then, yes, I would praise science before God. Hands down.

stultuske
Are you really a son of god?
Why do you not believe in god?
Why do you prefer science more than god?
God created this world including your BRAIN, God created us with our own freewill . Science though is not EVIL but not thanking god that we lived in this civilize world. While Science is LEADING US NOW TO DESTRUCTION. Can you read news papers? Do you watched the TELEVISIONS? what will you do if i send to your house a nuclear missile? lets see if you will still love your science that will lead you to destruction?

am I really a son of God? never said that, did I.
Why don't I believe in God? the current religions are based on older religions, they just picked the most popular things of existing religions, just to make the transition to the new God a bit easier to facillitate. even though the current religions are based on older, just try and say you believe in one of those older ones. those who really consider themselves "Saved Children of God" 'll automatically call them heathens, not realizing you are celebrating their holidays as well.

I don't "prefer" either, I 'go with the flow'. but when I need open heart surgery, I'd rather bet on sciense then on ten prayers a day, simply because: one might save me, the other surely won't.

God created this world? how do you know that? because the Bible tells you so? talking about solid proof here...

now, question for you: do you believe we need a justice system? if so, try and find the logical error there.
God creates man, God shapes both body and character the way He wants it, so, if someone is a murderer/terrorist/ ... that is because God wanted him to be that.
who are we to pass judgement on those who just do what God intends them to do?

my problem with religion is that most "devout" Catholics (not just Catholics) are just devout on sunday mass, they tell God and the priest they'll be "good boys from now on" and they go home, doing the same crap they did before (you have to be able to confess something, right?)
I myself know a few of them, they pretend they 'll save the youth, bringing them back to church and that the word of God is holy.
they themselves are:
a. racist
b. fascist
c. sadistic
d. think they are better than anyone else
not to mention they do pray for the pope (each of them, of course) but they'll publicly damn him if what he says doesn't fit in their personal ideology.

personally: I don't need a divine entity (that may or may not exist) to tell me it is wrong to steal, rape or commit murder. believe it or not, I do not find those to be rules you must follow to be a good Jew/Catholic/Muslim/... as far as I am concerned, these rules don't have to be dictated by some Holy Scripture, they should be dictated by your own common sense. don't know about you, but I know very well where the line of decency lies, even though I don't have my personal Shepherd guiding me along the path.

That would be IF they believe in science or are aethiests...

I don't "believe in science". Science is, it doesn't care whether people believe in it or not. That doesn't make it any less real or valid.
Unlike religion, which exists solely on the premise that people believe in it.

I'm not however an atheist, I don't deny the existence of god(s) and I'm certainly not religious about it (which many atheists are, they have a religious belief in the non-existence of god(s), believing it without any evidence to the contrary), I just won't accept their existence based on nothing more than hearsay and unsubstantiable claims from religious people that basically run like "god exists because it is written here in this book that claims it is true based on its claim that it was written by god who claims to always speak the truth", iow circular reasoning.

God creates man, God shapes both body and character the way He wants it, so, if someone is a murderer/terrorist/ ... that is because God wanted him to be that.

God shape man. He created us with our own thinking and character in this world, even twins have different attitudes and ideology. Are you saying that we should blame GOD because murderer/terrorist etc exist in this world. This kind of man exist its because they wanted to be like that, everyone of us choose a path of our own life. Like choosing to be in DANIWEB is our own choice its not that god wanted us to be here its because we have our own minds that only shows that god believe in his creations but he was failed by his creations by commiting sins, the reason why he was crucified.

so, now you are saying Jesus is God? hmmmm ... now you are talking against the very basics of your own religion. (there shall be only 1 God, the Father, not the Son).

anyway... it's easy to defend a point if you shift the point of view of your religion to how it fits.

"that man is a real saint!!! God has truly touched him!!!!!"
"that man is crap!! he chooses to be crap!!"

either one is true for both, or all of it is bull. either the first isn't 'touched by God', but just chooses to be a good man, or the second is influenced by God to behave less than social accepted.

you now also say that God created us with our own thinking, and that we kind of SHOULD follow that. well, a lot of us do. it's called science.

Because if god exists he is a horrible monster who likes watching fungi take control of ants before consuming their brains & internal organs, wasps who turn cockroaches into zombies then let their babies slowly eat it alive, and tricks frogs into eating beetle larvae which then eat the frog from the inside. He was no kinder to humans since he created dozens of horrible infectious diseases which kill people by drowning them in their own mucus, or bleed to death, or turn innocent children into cripples.

I would rather a simple harsh reality where all of these are the product of evolution.

ant fungus reference: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=fungus-makes-zombie-ants
wasp-cockroach reference: http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/2007/12/071206-roach-zombie.html
frog-beetle larvae reference: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/09/21/beetle-larva-lures-and-kills-frogs-while-the-adult-hunts-and-paralyses-them/#.UV9PIcqXTTA

Can you read news papers? Do you watched the TELEVISIONS? what will you do if i send to your house a nuclear missile? lets see if you will still love your science that will lead you to destruction?

Ironically without science there would be no TVs, no news papers, no daniweb for you to post this to, in fact without science there is a 16% chance you would not have lived to see your 5th birthday. And fortunately since you seem to have little understanding of science you will never beable to create your own atomic bomb to fire at my house (Although you know a big stick is just as effective at killing one person and doesn't require any science).

(Although you know a big stick is just as effective at killing one person and doesn't require any science).

maybe it does, you do want to pick the strong type of wood, a bit of 'research' or 'scientific knowledge' about that could help :)

nothing left..... he is dead :'( and so i am now... i cry in metro, college, in washrooms :'( i dnt know how to stop myself ....you guys are awesome. you have consoled me much. help me :(

My Dad died 16 years ago next month, and I still miss him - that never stops. What does stop is the grieving; that turns from mourning his loss to celebrating his life.

well said, happy. You never forget those you loved, you do learn to celebrate the good times you had together rather than dwell on the loss in misery.
It's a far better way to remember them, keep their memory alive.

I lost my Father to a heart attack 43 years ago and still think about him almost every day and miss him always, my dear Mother was on Dialysis for 12 years, and never recovered from a simple operation to move a vein, one that she'd had many times before. That was 17 years ago. Life deals some awful blows, but we recover and as happygeek says greiving turns to celebration of life, and remembering happy times.

To all the believer and non believer discussions here(a bit strange in a thread about dialysis and the loss of a beloved person) read this

Nice one ddanbe, I've bookmarked that one to read at leisure.
Edit: Maybe not so nice, I can't leave it now! Its fascinating!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.