Just heard you lucky lot accross the pond are to be treated to some real sport next season with NBC and NBC Sports showing all the UK Premiership Football next season, time for you to watch some real skills.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

pft.......
I went to a game last year... sooooooo boring for me. No wonder everyone gets drunk at those matches.

Can't in Uk, No drink allowed for footie fans, too much violence, strange that you can drink beer in rugby stadia though.

I thought Rugby fans were calm compared to the football fans?

No drink allowed for footie fans, too much violence

Yeah, you can drink in the Football (soccer) games here (at least in Portland), but a lot of American Football stadiums have banned drinking inside.

Truth of the matter is, I suppose, rugby fans are, well, fans of rugby, whereas the troublemakers at football matches are not fans, they are just troublemakers, and unfortunately, headline grabbers.

Truth of the matter is, I suppose, rugby fans are, well, fans of rugby, whereas the troublemakers at football matches are not fans, they are just troublemakers, and unfortunately, headline grabbers.

Yep... that is true, that is exactly what our fans are like :). I see it all the time, whenever I play (they put me in the last 2 games for varsity, which is when i joined) I always see a major distraction... they are always acting like 5 year olds in a play pen... it is annoying. Luckily we got some good looking cheer leaders to keep them quite, that is when we are playing 7/10 times.

I am referring to american football btw... if you guys were thinking soccer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.