All 65 Replies

How many years ago was that?

Count yourself:
I was born on June 1, 1964
1964 + 11 = 1975

3 whole years before I was born.

@Xantipius, almost 50 years. :)

3 whole years before I was born.

Wait 3 whole years after he was born or after he taken the photo in '75?

My son was also born in 1964 :)

@AD, you must have been a pretty young father when you had him. My parents were young when they had me.

I was a very late baby.
My mom was 38, father - 43.

Michael, you already know how old I am. What do you think lol.

Oh... um... I forgot your age lol...

My father: http://funkybee.narod.ru/misc/father.jpg (on the right)
He was a simple sailor at WWII, earned his Ushakov's medal for shot down German plane.
He was on Baltic Sea Fleat from 1941 till 1949. Until now Baltic Sea is in bombs and even in chemical weapoans.

@xantipius, the link does not work. How long did your father serve the military?

Wow, he looks exactly (almost) like my friend. May I ask, who is the person on the left? Is he is relative?

On the left is just his ship (trawler) fellow - I know nothing about him.
How long did my father serve the Soviet fleat?
Well, in May 1945 they were asked to stay in it. Asked, not forced or compelled.
He stayed in it, the most people gone from it. He was not a navy officer, just a simple sailor.

@pixelsoul, WOW... we look like twins!

You know, guys,
until now Baltic Sea is full of mines and (even) chemical weapons, left by Germans.

Admiral Ushakov's medal is the highest award for Red Fleat's ordinary sailors
(it's made from pure silver ("plata pura"); on black market it costs several thousands USD).

Also, there is Admiral Ushakov's ORDEN, but it's for Navy Officers ONLY.

<M/>,
you know, my father risqued for you too.
What do you know about demining? One wrong movement and the boat goes to the hell.
Until now it's impossible to purge Baltic Sea from German bombs.

until now Baltic Sea is full of mines and (even) chemical weapons, left by Germans.

I was in Baltic Sea just a few years ago (maybe 10 years ago) on a USA flag fising factory ship doing some work for the company I worked for. We were about 200 miles from Alaska shore, no one mentioned mines in the water. Perhaps they are just on the Russian side of the sea???

@AD, you must have been a pretty young father when you had him

I was 21, my wife and I had been married almost 2 years. We stayed married until she passed after 49 years, 1 month and 11 days.

Chuvak, they (the bombs) lie on the bottom on the sea.
Maybe you are extremely clever and know how to get them from there?

About the pic with a spermotoizoid.
I always thought that Americans are above the humore of such kind.

I was in Baltic Sea just a few years ago (maybe 10 years ago) on a USA flag fising factory ship doing some work for the company I worked for. We were about 200 miles from Alaska shore, no one mentioned mines in the water. Perhaps they are just on the Russian side of the sea???

That doesn't make any sense. How can you be in the Baltic Sea and within 200 miles from Alaska's shore? I think you're confusing the Baltic Sea with the Bering Sea.

commented: You are right +0

I always thought that Americans are above the humore of such kind.

LOL... There are a lot of different kinds of Americans ;-)
You have never been to the US before, have you?

@pixelsoul, It must have hurt when your father took that picture.

I know geography pretty well but I don't understand such a stupid humour

I know geography pretty well but I don't understand such a stupid humour

Oh, my bad :-\

Guy, pal,
remember for good:
Russia could/can turn you into dust DUST in 3-5 minutes.
Its your illusion to think abt us as a weak country.
We are invincible.
In my country many students from Pakistan, India etc
we are very peacefull ppl but in need we are beastes.

I think we might have hit a language barrier or something here, no one said anything about Russia. I'm sorry if were offended. And I'm also sorry if you have some issues with Americans, but don't take that out on me.

We are invincible.

no such thing... the simplest things can harm anyone... Countries cannot be invincible, ever... One good strike with a grenade can send a country in rage. So lets not say countries are invincible. BTW, Russia lost in the cold war against USA and some battles against Afghanistan (a country that has not lost a war).

we are very peacefull ppl but in need we are beastes.

Sounds normal everywhere...

Russia could/can turn you into dust DUST in 3-5 minutes.

Sounds normal in any country to be capable of doing such... :/

Afhan - it was our political mistake.

About children & beasts.

It was words our the greatest poetess - Anna Akhmatova:
Americans were always children, but after Peorl Harboure they will turn into beasts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.