They are smart only in planting and growing opium poppy.

@Xantipius: They have a choice between growing opium poppy in the hopes of earning a decent living, and growing a normal food crop which they won't be able to sell at a price that can compete with subsidized crops from wealthier nations, meaning they'll run out of money and be forced to sell their land, probably to people willing to grow opium on it. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out... I guess thinking isn't really your department.

They appear as poor (they are but the media makes it worst) but a lot of them are rich people. The rate you find millionares in afghanistan would be more common in america (based off of population).

@<M/>: That's the irony with poverty and wealth, they usually go hand in hand. What every poor country has in common is a population of obscenely rich people. Here, in Quebec, we have many very rich people who immigrate here out of very poor African countries (old French colonial countries), either permanently or for their college studies. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Most of these poor countries function with a massive population of poor people who work hard and ear very little, then some foreign corporation that is sucking them dry, but you always have a strata of local millionaires who work either as the cogs of the corrupt government or as local pawns for the corporations. With Afghanistan having a virtual monopoly on opium production in the world, there's a lot of money generated, and so, I would expect a very important population of millionaires there.

And the media is not gonna show rich people in poor countries. It doesn't make for good TV. It's nicer to say "look at these poor people, they need our help", than to show that "look, these poor people are being rubbed senseless by our imperialist corporations and their local pawns". You're still young, you have a lot to learn about how the world works.

Muslims don't take drugs.

Uhm.. I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. Officially, most muslim countries proport to have no drugs, no alcohol and no swine (and even no homosexuality in some places). Most people I've met from those places told me that this is just the "official" BS and maybe true in some conservative/pious circles, but reality is very, very different.

I live in america because of decisions my grandparents have made. They wanted a better life.

Then you're American, not Afghan. Just for the record. I guess you could say Afghan-american.

XANTIPIUS - PLEASE READ THIS

If you continue to resort to making racist remarks then I will give you a keep it pleasant infraction (you remember those, you've had them before for making racist remarks). Here's a reminder of the rule:

Do not post anything with malicious intent against another member, including, but not limited to, racist, sexist or religiously prejudiced remarks

While I appreciate that you have not directed your racist opinions against any particular member, and frankly that's the only reason the posts remain intact, I have already received complaints from members who feel offended by your remarks. Resorting to such childish name calling is indicative of someone who has lost the argument already, and I would seriously suggest that if you have nothing to say then you say nothing. Either that, or make more of an attempt to debate and engage rather than simply shouting and ranting.

if you are an Afghan then why do you live in America?

Xantipius, That is one of things that make America a great country, anyone can be an American...

I take it back, I'm not really sorry if you were offended by my joke because you're by far the most offensive person I have seen on this forum. You're ignorant, racist, and you have dramatically changed my outlook about you (I'm sure along with some others). I may not be above what you might consider "good humor" (and I really don't care), but I will tell you what I am above, calling an entire race of people "swines" or "stupid animals". DaniWeb's members are from all over the world and you're slowely working your way down the list of insulting all of them. If you're trying to make friends, you're are doing a horrible job.

<M/>, I would recommend just dropping it with this person. It is obvious this person will continue with their ignorant remarks as long as someone is fueling them by responding to them. A favorite quote "Avoid arguing with idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Then you're American, not Afghan. Just for the record. I guess you could say Afghan-american.

I have an afghan dad and mom... pure afghan, just happened to be born in the U.S. but yes, i can agree to that.

Uhm.. I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. Officially, most muslim countries proport to have no drugs, no alcohol and no swine (and even no homosexuality in some places). Most people I've met from those places told me that this is just the "official" BS and maybe true in some conservative/pious circles, but reality is very, very different.

Every country has their claims but muslims aren't supposed to take drugs. it is a rule but some take it and grow it due to desperation of money.

<M/>, I would recommend just dropping it with this person. It is obvious this person will continue with their ignorant remarks as long as someone is fueling them by responding to them. A favorite quote "Avoid arguing with idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

I will do my best to do so.

"Avoid arguing with idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

One of my favorite quotes of all time :) and it was just the quote that was needed :) My grumpy cat face (avatar) is disappointed at xanti...

commented: Great quote! +0

XANTIPIUS - PLEASE READ THIS
If you continue to resort to making racist remarks then I will give you a keep it pleasant infraction (you remember those, you've had them before for making racist remarks). Here's a reminder of the rule:
Do not post anything with malicious intent against another member, including, but not limited to, racist, sexist or religiously prejudiced remarks
While I appreciate that you have not directed your racist opinions against any particular member, and frankly that's the only reason the posts remain intact, I have already received complaints from members who feel offended by your remarks. Resorting to such childish name calling is indicative of someone who has lost the argument already, and I would seriously suggest that if you have nothing to say then you say nothing. Either that, or make more of an attempt to debate and engage rather than simply shouting and ranting.

Thank you happygeek for taking authority!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.