Watching the Eurovision Song Contest. For those of you who have no idea about it, it's a song contest (duh, obviously), contested by 26 countries - in the final anyway. It's truly dire and brilliant in equal measure. I love wathcing it for the scantily clad Eastern Europeans - but don't tell the wife. I'm here dutifully scoring the contestants on their musical prowess of course. :)

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/timeline

A secret passion...

//EDIT

OMG - Romania have to win!!!

Even if Bonnie Tyler (UK entry) is Welsh. That's going to be embarrassing.

Edited by diafol

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by diafol
Featured Replies
    diafol 3,720   5 Years Ago

OHHHHHHH. Greece MUST WIN!!! Read More

diafol 3,720   5 Years Ago

Danish girl reminded me of that yodelling nightmare Diane Vickers off X Factor a few years ago. I think it's wide open though. I really want Greece to win, but there was a raft of good songs in the second half. Did you hear that Turkey withdrew due to the … Read More

Watching it at the moment, not sure how that Romanian contestant got those notes that high? Hearing it in the background I was sure it was a woman in parts.

Edited by Octet

Just got back from a meal and put it on. Have i missed much?

• Denmark's song is pretty good!

Edited by aVar++

Have i missed much?

Nah only the first half :)

And BTW - Bonnie Tyler was really that bad. :(
I was laughing at Englebert Humperdink last year. I take it back.

Edited by diafol

On no! The main reason i like eurovision is because some of the songs are so bad... It entertains me ;)

Votes + Comments
I think that is the reason everyone watches it!

OHHHHHHH. Greece MUST WIN!!!

But if Greece wins, what would they do when they come to host the next one?
It isn't like their economy can support it.

Host it in a field?

Yeah, take it back to its roots, grassroots, literally.

They were obviously saving the best for the 2nd half. Iceland, Azerbaijan, Ukraine and Italy good too.

Heh heh, I wonder what you're getting at :>

Greece so far - has to be, surely?

I agree. They won't win though. There are countries that just vote for eachother no matter the song.

Ireland - quite good. Could be a contender. Love the drums.

Danish girl reminded me of that yodelling nightmare Diane Vickers off X Factor a few years ago.

I think it's wide open though. I really want Greece to win, but there was a raft of good songs in the second half.

Did you hear that Turkey withdrew due to the girl-on-girl kiss by the Finnish entry? Hah! What did Graham Norton say? Something like "people who find a girl kissing a girl offensive, should grow up"

Still smiling at that one.

OK, I'm officially bored now. Denmark by a country mile at the mo.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.