Most of teh UAE is completely tax-free only for citizens, expats need to pay some taxes there (like income tax, which doesn't exist for citizens).

The booze price is sky-high there.

Don't know about the expats .. thowwyyy :o

booze = alchohol? ..

:mrgreen: Correction...

Booze = (chaep) alchohol (that gets you drunk on the regular basis, possibly blniding you in the process)

how is booze different than a not-cheap alchohol?

sorry i ask a lot :P .. yes, you can ignore, man :cheesy: ..

Try getting drunk by don Perignon on the ragular basis.
It won't make you blind, but it will make you broke.

.... and, no, I'm not acoholic.

I see ..

And no i am not supposed to drink these stuff!! :eek: ..

Thanks ..

.... she says with a touch of sarcasm.

ah wat? Who is she? :confused: .. ammmm .. ok talking to me? ..

english is not my first language .. :cry: not even my second language! ..

Wait, wait, wait... hold it right there. First you say "I'm not a man" now you say "Who is she"....I'm lost. Is there any other gender I am not familiar with?

And how many languages do you speak?

Wait, wait, wait... hold it right there. First you say "I'm not a man" now you say "Who is she"....I'm lost. Is there any other gender I am not familiar with?

And how many languages do you speak?

dont eat me :mad: I was just making sure if u were talking to me or not :-| .. Yes i am a "SHE" *dry face* .. why isn't there a gender option in here :mad: ..

OK about the languages i speak (sounds funny)

- Arabic - Native Speaker
- Hindi - Very good
- Urdu - Excellent
- English - good not bad i got 6.5 in IELTS hahaha :P
- Learning japanese .. :( but i dont think there is enough space in my head for a new lang! .. BUT ILL DO MY BEST :cool:

So, you are, like, NOT an imigrant in Dubai?
Wow, 2 weeks there and only "real" Arabs (native) I saw were ones in framed pictures hung at the hotel's reception.

Regarding languages.... make up your mind, girl.

...and you forgot to mention java.

Only proves how much you like talking. (j:lol:ke)

So, you are, like, NOT an imigrant in Dubai?
Wow, 2 weeks there and only "real" Arabs (native) I saw were ones in framed pictures hung at the hotel's reception.

LOL, funny!!

you must have seen Shaikh Mohammed Ben Rashid's pic aaaand another president beside him :P Perhaps Shaikh Khalifa Ben Zayed (UAE President) ..

but why is that :rolleyes: .. you never got out of the hotel?

And yea i am an arab ..

no no no no no u were not joking :x i better stop typing then ..

ok one last thing, I HATE JAVA I HATE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES ..

Seemed to me that whenever I go out all of the Arabs go playing hide and seak with me. All I see is Africans, Americans, Europeans and Asians. But no Arabs. Only Arab I actually saw was immigration officer.

And, yes. I was there in the time of Ramadan.

But you allways want to say the last word.
:lol:

:o .. OK i just wanted to comment on ur last post ..

hmmm strange .. not even in malls?

OK in Ramadan at noons or in the morning you would not see them .. yes THAT is possible .. BUT at nights or evenings hmmm I dont see why not ..

anyway so wat if u didnt see an arab :P .. no big deal ..

Computers are my life, so that I don't say that I don't have a life :D

hate to say say it guys but if we weren't geeks we wouldnt be here. it's not so much are you a geek but more how geek are you (have you looked at your names recently? :-)
geek and proud (also officially a numpty but thats another story)

I have a Geek Code. Guess that makes me a geek. :D

hi
what kind of music do you like?

Loud, outside and wasted by the end of the evening music!!

I honestly wouldnt know what to do with myself without my computer...
I think I need to re-evaluate my being...
:D

well, just because i have 20 comps at home, and fix computers all the and night, rareley get any sleep, would rather do computer stuff than have fun and i'm a Macintosh Witness doesn't mean I'm a geek. that makes me a ...

i just lost my train of thought. Well, better get back to that computer.

Well, Computer's are my sad little life. The only way I actually meet people in flesh is by taking a food break, or taking a smoke break. I often scare them away, however, with my digital life.

"cause I'm a 20th century digital boy. I don't know how to read, but I've got a lot of toys!"

well, just because i have 20 comps at home, and fix computers all the and night, rareley get any sleep, would rather do computer stuff than have fun and i'm a Macintosh Witness doesn't mean I'm a geek. that makes me a ...

i just lost my train of thought. Well, better get back to that computer.

Actually this isn't true, I'm not a macintosh witness and I do have a social life.

Devetion to computers can generate a social life, like with all the other tech people here so dont draw social life into being a geek. just cause i spend all night on computers doesnt keep me from being popular. lol, it just doesnt help.

LOL, aww leaver her alone Chaky ;)!! Poor thing, she finds it hard enough speaking English let alone you making it hard for her by mking her look up an English Dictionary and Thesaurus!

Congrats on the languages Sulley's Boo!! It puts us British to shame! Most of us can only speak English (and thats a struggle!) I love the fact that your also trying to learn yet another one!! Good luck with it! And enjoy Daniweb!!

As far as geekiness goes, compared to what I have read here I guess I am sober!! I do love computer and think about them 24/7, BUT I also have a job that does not involve computers AND I do not have and have no intention of having a Laptop! (Hate them with a passion!!) So I guess I am not a geek at all!!

yogi_bear_2k2 i think that you are just a closet geek, to cool to admit it :)

Yeah, I had a massive social life revolving around computers back home, still do, but now I'm not home. People aren't as cool here. That's why I'm on DaniWeb instead of at dorm parties playing beer-pong.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.