I pop in and out when I get an alert, but I haven't stayed long. Maybe I don't feel the connection I once did. I'm not sure: I have been busy(-i-er), but not that busy. I figured that I'd re-greet the community to see whether I could draw myself back that one extra time it might take to get me started again.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Welcome back! So can you put your finger on anything that prevents you staying longer, what's missing that would help make that connection?

Hmm. I think it's mostly my fault. I've allowed myself to be distracted by events that weren't worth my time and my persistence of thought has not drawn me back here as regularly as it should. I was just interrupted in the course of answering this message and now must devote my time to corvee rather than to productive discourse. When I sit down again (and before the next interruption), I will have to tend to something else.

You had to distract me with the robot question, didn't you? I should be about my routine, but I just considered that I spent a lot of time researching build and scm options in the period that I mentioned above, and while I find a lot of good programming discussion on DaniWeb, all the time I was working on that instead of coding, it would have been nice if there had been discrete categories here so that (1) I could spend more time here; and, (2) I could get back to coding sooner.

The robot question? You mean human verification? That stops once you post two more times.

When I sit down again (and before the next interruption), I will have to tend to something else.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.