Here are my downloads and impressions in order of preference so far. The season just started though.

• Genshiken Nidaime: By far my most anticipated of the new series. I regularly reread the Genshiken manga and fully intend to follow this one to the end.
  • Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui: If it's anything like the manga (and judging from the first episode), it should be a fun ride.
  • Kiniro Mosaic: The first episode looks good. I'm hoping that it turns out well, and it's my #3 for this season. However, the first episode was just setup for the environment, so the true test will be the next episode.
  • Blood Lad: It's hard to say at this point, but I didn't skip through the first episode, which is a decent sign.
  • Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku: This strikes me as another school club random anime, but those aren't bad. Time will tell, but I didn't skip through the first episode at all.
  • Love Lab: Somewhat entertaining, but I did skip at a few points out of boredom. I suspect this will be dropped if it doesn't get better in the next two episodes or so.
  • Servant x Service: I skipped through it at several points, but there's potential, so it'll go through my 3 episode test. Most likely I'll drop it though.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Why do adults like watching cartoons? That's all anime is -- just another name for children's cartoons.

Animé are generally not children's cartoons. Some are targetted for that age group and some are not. The same applies for some Western cartoons. Would you let a young child watch Family Guy or American Dad for example?
Some animé are definitely targetted at adults too, maybe young adult but still, definitely not children (recent example would be Shingeki no Kyojin, an older example would be Akira) and that's before anyone even mentions Hentai...

So there is a great range to watch in terms of target audience.

Animé makes me feel happy and sad, it can make me laugh or cry. I enjoy it and I'm not hurting anyone else by doing so. Additionally, some of it is much better quality than the non-cartoon shows on TV.

I don't see why someone should be berated for watching an animation. Sure there are other ways I can entertain myself, but why should I not do something I enjoy when it doesn't impose on anyone else?

Deceptikon:
I agree that your top two are the ones to look out for this summer. I've never heard of your number three, I will investigate :)
KKK...well, probably not my thing unless it follows a similar pattern and humour as Lucky Star.
LL and SxS I wouldn't even waste time with. LL is going to be a yuri fan-service show and we both know it ;)
SxS I hear is pretty boring, but the manga was supposedly good. Who knows! Let me know what you think after your 3 ep test.

Additionally, did you watch the first 13 episodes of Shingeki no Kyojin? Looks like it might be typical Shonen in terms of short term plot, but the long term story seems quite interesting! :)

Why do adults like watching cartoons? That's all anime is -- just another name for children's cartoons.

That's like judging all westerns after seeing one old episode of the Lone Ranger. I've seen many Anime that had plots that were more complex and better thought out than many adult movies. Anime is not My Little Pony, Smurfs or He-Man. Anime (for the most part) is not meant merely as a marketing tool to sell toys to kids. Granted, there is a lot of crap out there but that's true of every genre. Anime like Death Note and Monster rank up ther with the best of live action dramas.

Why do adults like watching cartoons?

Why do some adults think that you have to stop doing fun things at a certain age? ;)

KKK...well, probably not my thing unless it follows a similar pattern and humour as Lucky Star.

It's along the same genre, but I doubt it'll measure up to Lucky Star.

LL is going to be a yuri fan-service show and we both know it ;)

That's a fair prediction. I honestly don't expect much.

Additionally, did you watch the first 13 episodes of Shingeki no Kyojin?

It failed my 3 episode test (shonen isn't typically my thing), but ~s.o.s~ said it starts getting really good after about 6 episodes.

It failed my 3 episode test (shonen isn't typically my thing), but ~s.o.s~ said it starts getting really good after about 6 episodes.

SnK is one of those you had to stick with because the story doesn't really start to develop until ep 6-8 (as your friend said)

I thought it was going to be the typical Shounen but I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure it will be to your taste, but please see if you can stick through and make the decision once the story starts unwravelling in proper :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.