in fact the AQ/Taliban couldn't care less about the people. We have seen time and again how they treat their conquered subjects, which is not at all nice.
And in this case those conquered subjects are even worse off, being members of a different islamic sect to the AQ/Taliban core, and in part being not muslims at all but Christians.

I don't understand why Turkey is supporting the AQ/rebels?
They will have a lot of problems along their long border from those folks.

Same reason Europe is supporting them, they think/hope that showing themselves good little dhimmis will stop AQ turn them into the next target.
Idle hope of course, they just show themselves to be even more spineless and even easier targets than they already are.

Where will all the Syrian Christians go after the Islamists win? Maybe Israel or the USA?

don't worry, there will be no Christians and Jews left in Syria after the Islamists win, they'll all have been killed or forcibly converted to islam at gunpoint and then killed.

don't worry, there will be no Christians and Jews left in Syria after the Islamists win

Islam, the religion of peace.

commented: Yep, that right :D +0

Islam, the religion of peace.

That is very true... but unfortunately, people don't 100% consider Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc. to be a religion of peace because of its people... For example, people would just say, "I am a Muslim/Christian/Jew/Grass Worshiper/Etc., so i have the right to this this ______ or even this ______"...

I just wish that people would stop blaming the religion and start blaming the followers instead... the religions have nothing to do with being unpeaceful, they are only meant to be peaceful.

commented: AD was being sarcastic +0

Yea -- like this quote from The Myths of Islam

the Quran not only calls Muslims to submit to Allah, it also commands them to subdue people of other religions until they are in a full state of submission to Islamic rule.

I just wish that people would stop blaming the religion

I blame any system that eschews reason for blind faith in unprovable things. Why shouldn't I blame the religion? As for the "religion of peace" statement, that was discussed at great length here.

But that is kind of getting away from the topic of this thread.

the Quran not only calls Muslims to submit to Allah, it also commands them to subdue people of other religions until they are in a full state of submission to Islamic rule.

Well, not exactly like that. Muslims don't "command" others to change into islam, if so, no one would be muslims.

The Myths of Islam

Please don't refer to them as myths, it kind of is offending. No one should refer to a faith as a "myth", it kind of is disrespectful... sorry, but i have to point that out...

Did you bother to read the post I gave you? That is the title of the article I linked to. No one is referring to islam as a myth. A myth is something everyone believes but isn't true. Interesting read -- you might learn something.

The "Myths of Islam" that AD referred to is the title of the webpage he gave a link to. And if you read that page, you'll see that the "myths" that the title refers to are the myths about Islam, i.e., the things people believe about Islam that aren't true, or people's erroneous preconceptions about Islam. So, the word "myth" is perfectly appropriate, and shouldn't offend anyone, as it is not calling any of the beliefs of muslims as being mythical.

Please don't refer to them as myths, it kind of is offending. No one should refer to a faith as a "myth", it kind of is disrespectful...

I call all faiths myths. If you are offended by that, it's your problem. Free speech means that some people will express opinions and beliefs that offend or irritate you, it's your responsibility to learn to deal with that (it's part of being a grown-up), it's not their responsibility to work their speech around your particular sensibilities.

And if you want to argue things related to Islam, I would suggest you either start a new thread or revive the very interesting discussion we had a while back.

And if you want to argue things related to Islam, I would suggest you either start a new thread or revive the very interesting discussion we had a while back.

I rather not... it will just cause more problems. I rather keep all of my beliefs to myself.

No one is referring to islam as a myth. A myth is something everyone believes but isn't true.

Sorry about that, I misread it if that is what you meant.

Interesting read -- you might learn something.

Maybe... depends on who wrote it.

Islam is myth, or rather the belief system behind it is, making its adherents believers in myths.
The toxic, aggressive, way in which they behave themselves towards everyone else is sadly not a myth at all.

Maybe... depends on who wrote it.

So you determine the validity of an argument based on who presents it rather than on the content of the argument? Doesn't sound very open minded and rational to me.

Doesn't sound very open minded and rational to me.

Theology isn't an open minded or rational topic. People need (for whatever reason) to believe that something exists for them after they die as opposed to the alternative which is nothing and we just blink out of existence. I'm comfortable with blinking out of existence and don't dwell on it, even when my life is in the so called "bunker". But I digress, this is way off topic.

Terrorism.

No one should refer to a faith as a "myth", it kind of is disrespectful... sorry, but i have to point that out...

So Zeus isn't a myth? Thor? Osirus? they were all mainstream religions believed by millions.

So Zeus isn't a myth? Thor? Osirus? they were all mainstream religions believed by millions.

I think that people can't rationalize that way because Zeus and the rest are not of our time and therefore can't and couldn't be real.

What should happen with Syira?

Nuke them out of existence -- in fact, just nuke that entire continent out of existance. But first I need to dig me a deep cave and fill it full of water/food so that I won't be affected by the fallout radiation that will envelope the Earth. Ever see the movie "Planet of the Apes"? It might come true.

We are already a "Planet of the Apes", only the apes still have human form.

commented: We are amused. +0

We are already a "Planet of the Apes", only the apes still have human form.

Lol...

We have already spent 2.7 trillion on the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, why not spent another trillion in Syria to install a radical Moslem government there too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.