I just read an article in the paper that tech savvy younger folks prefer public transportation, so they can use their time with a notebook computer or tablet, rather than wasting time in a car going to work.

How do you get to work?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

I'd use public transportation if it were convenient and cheap for my area...but it's not.

I'd ride my bicycle to work in a heartbeat...if it weren't a death trap.

So I drive my car.

I don't work any more, but I use a nearby public light rail train (free parking) to travel to the airport which is about an hour's drive away. It's a lot cheaper and easier than driving there then finding a place to park. I could also use it to go downtown St Louis shopping or attend a baseball game. I wouldn't use electronic devices on it for fear of it getting stolen.

Work? What's work? I use whatever is appropriate, except I never use public transportation. I do use my bicycle whenever possible.

I use mostly public transit. In a big city, or when being a student, it is the most convenient means of transportation. I have a driver's license and occasionally borrow a car for trips that require it. But mostly, having a car is a hassle where I live. Most things are a few blocks away or within a quick subway/bus trip. Most of the cars around my neighborhood only move in order to change side of the street for when the street-cleaning trucks come by.

I do a lot of walking too. A bicycle is also a good / popular choice, but I don't use a bike, personally.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I just read an article in the paper that tech savvy younger folks prefer public transportation, so they can use their time with a notebook computer or tablet, rather than wasting time in a car going to work.

I prefer taking public transportation.

Well... the most work i do (that really involves money) is stock trading and i just do that at home on my computer if not my phone.

If i were to use a transportation, i'd either make my mom/dad drive me around (haven't got my license yet), skateboard, bike (to school, which is about 8-10 miles, and i get there pretty quickly but i share a ride with a friend of mine from school), or i walk...

I would never take a computer/tablet on our bus system here. I would be robbed in a hurry!

I would never take a computer/tablet on our bus system here. I would be robbed in a hurry!

depends on where you live...

I mostly take public transport.

I take the train whenever I can. Yes, I have my iPad with me. After all it is pass code protected.

In public tansport, using mobiles and tablets sometimes becomes very messy due to heavy rush during peak work hours. So, I rather prefer my private transportation to reach my work on time and safely without getting robbed in the crowd.

I have friend in Chicago that likes to use the elevated train. She says that the expressways are moving at 5 mph during rush hours.

She says that the expressways are moving at 5 mph during rush hours.

LOL! If those are "Express" ways, I don't want to see the normal highways.

I take my iPad with me on the train, but don't commute during typical rush hour.

i use my tvs scooty pep+ for going office i am not use public transport becuase they take more time i ritch offic quickly with by scooty

I drive and take public transportation depending on different things. I actually enjoy driving and I spend too much time in front of a computer/smart phone as is, so driving is a nice break away from all of that for me.

I own a Grand Prix GTP Supercharged, so this really helps to enjoy the driving a bit more ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.