hello everyone

new here and i am currently taking my first ever c++ class, so completely new to c++. i made an account here, in which i was able to post a question i had a bout a project for grading program, then i received email of required activation which i thought was weird cause i was able to post when i wasnta activated...thats not what i have experienced with other sites lol.

so ya, i hope my question isnt like deleted or something if activation was needed before posting o:

p.s. one of the best things about this site i have found so far is the human verification. its not an annoying captach things its just yes or no, whcih i think is brilliant!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello and welcome!

Hello, "catastrophe2".

Welcome to the DaniWeb forums. We are glad you joined us.

These forums are an excellent resource: lots of good information and many knowledgeable members here.

It is a great place for the sharing of ideas. I am sure you will learn a lot here.

See you around the forums.

Welcome to Daniweb!

I'm glad to welcome another C++ apprentice! (btw: I'm one of the main C++ gurus here)

i made an account here, in which i was able to post a question i had a bout a project for grading program, then i received email of required activation which i thought was weird cause i was able to post when i wasnta activated

Yeah, that's the system Dani put in place. Basically, there is a 24hour grace period right after registering where you can post without having "verified" the account through the email link. This is to make it easier for people to just register and post immediately, while still protecting against fake accounts or bots.

Welcome catastrophe2, C++ is a fun language to learn.

thanks everyone for the welcome. everything is friendly it seems lol, thats not what experience i got on other c++ forums. i think i am gonna have a better time here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.