Member Avatar for Warrens80

Come to Taco Bell. I give you slow service with cold food.

Recommended Answers

All 40 Replies

I'm a Taco Bell fan, sorry.

We don't have Taco Bell here. It's because of consumer protection laws against false representation. Basically, you cannot sell a "beef taco" if you cannot show that it actually contains beef. That's why Taco Bell (and a few other american chains) don't exist in Quebec.

That said, if I'm south of the border, I enjoy a good Taco Bell, just like the next bloak.

Good thing I always substitute the beef for chicken.

I have a hard time eating at Taco Bell, but I am on the west coast where we have some pretty amazing mexican food spots (not that I would ever consider taco bell mexican food).

I work at Taco Bell as front cash most times and all i hear is " you whats going on why are you guys so slow"

Good food is hardly made in a flash, TacoBell to most people can produce fast food that is good. but how fast is to fast? Allready wraped food that you get from the drive through at Mc Donalds, Soggy from sitting around in a heating window stail french fries NO thanks to that!

you cannot sell a "beef taco" if you cannot show that it actually contains beef

So what do they use up there in Canada?? The Tocco Bells around here use hamburger, which is ground beef. At least I don't think they use horsemeat or dogmeat.

I'm not a big fan of Tocco Bell, but I get some toccos maybe once every three or four months. I am a Big Mac fan.

We use ground beef.

Alaska would be more similar to Canada then continental US because ground beef would probably be too expensive since it has to be shipped in. AFAIK beef is not grown in Alaska or Canada.

Beef is not grown in Canada? Are you freaking kidding me? Have you had your head in a bucket for the last 20 years?

And all this time I thought beef was bred, not grown.

Beef is not grown in Canada?

Didn't know that, I thought the winters were too severe for them, but I've never been in Canada.

And all this time I thought beef was bred, not grown

How do you think baby cows get to be adults? Just like human children -- they are grown.

I thought the winters were too severe for them, but I've never been in Canada.

Farm animals would generally spend the winter inside heated barns. And they can often takes strolls outside, on milder days. But, yeah, we "grow" all sorts of animals here, just like almost anywhere else, including cows/beef, pork, chicken, sheep, whatever.. And most of them can live in fairly low temperature climate, as long as they have food.

Just like human children -- they are grown.

I thought children were raised. Cows are bred and then, raised. I think these are the proper terms.

I grew up, I didn't raised up.

Farmers raise cattle, like parents raise their children. Farmers don't "grow" cattle, just like parents don't "grow" their children.

Here's a free grammar lesson:

The sentence "cows are grown" implies the more complete sentence "cows are grown by the farmer". This is a passive form of the verb "to grow". The equivalent active form would be "the farmer grows the cows". This does not work because the verb "grow" is reflexive (the object is always the subject). You can say "I grow" or "I grew up", or you can say "wheat grows" or "the tomato plants have grown", because these are all active, reflexive forms (in "I grow" the "I" is both the subject and the object of the growth). Technically, you cannot say "the farmer grows corn", you should say "the farmer cultivates corn", for the same reason, but it's a common mistake (and somewhat accepted, I think). So, the appropriate verbs are "to breed", "to raise", and "to cultivate".

(sorry for being a bit of a grammar-nazi)

To think, this all began with Taco Bell... smh

Yes indeed. Especially when i don't need the grammar lesson and especially its no that complicated. Cows aren't grown. That implies they are like plants. They are raised.

I thought the winters were too severe for them

It only seems colder because we measure in Celsius ^_^

Farmers raise cattle, like parents raise their children.

Remember, they had to listen to years of Clinton talking about "growing the economy".

I'm reminded of a story my dad once told about a vegetable farmer. He had three sons who always wanted to be in the cattle business because they felt that raising meat was more manly than raising potatoes so when the old man died, they converted the farm from vegetables to cattle. All big ranches have names so they decided to name theirs "Focus" because that's where the sons raise meat.

Ok this is getting off topic about Taco Bell and poor service.

Can we get back on the subject

Farmers raise cattle, like parents raise their children

Point of order. Most parents don't slaughter their kids for money though...

Can we get back on topic

Y not i just got kicked out

Taco Bell and poor service.

Service is ok at the Toco Bell where I live. Another store is combined with KFC.

Taco Bell and poor service.

I think you cannot really generalize the quality of the service in these types of franchises. Chain restaurants like Taco Bell share a common name, menu, prices, and ingredients, roughly speaking. But usually, the rest is mostly up to the franchisee, i.e., the guy who owns that particular franchise, or his manager. In other words, if you got poor service at your local Taco Bell, then it probably just means the guy owning / managing that particular restaurant isn't paying enough attention to making sure customers get good service. You can not really generalize.

I never knew that taco bell was slow... i normally get my order within a minute or 2 after ordering...

Few times I've been to Taco Bell (admittedly the last time was in 2004, which is the last time I was in a country where they exist), the service was prompt, the place was clean, the food was decent (way too much fat, otherwise it was nice).
And yes, they used beef, or something that tasted so much like beef it may as well have been because making something that's not beef to taste so much like beef is bound to be more expensive than actual beef.

We don't have Taco Bell here. It's because of consumer protection laws against false representation. Basically, you cannot sell a "beef taco" if you cannot show that it actually contains beef. That's why Taco Bell (and a few other american chains) don't exist in Quebec.

That's just stupid! How can Toco Bell NOT prove that their tocos contain beef? What else could they contain -- kangaroos or horsemeat? All the inspectors have to do is watch them make it and test the ingredients.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.