I just thought of an idea as I started this message, honest to God. I have a poetry website that I just thought of doing something very personal with it. I am going to dedicate it to the memory of Elvis Presley. I am nuts over his singing. I could have done this years ago and it never dawned on me. That will make my site very personal to me, which as a motivation factor, keeps my connection with Elvis alive. Now I'm wondering if my going on this forum had anything to do with the idea. Now that would be nuts but I would be willing to give my idea a try.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Oh no! Not another Elvis nutjob :) I don't know why people are so crazy over that truck-driver-turned-singer. He wasn't all that good of a signer, and a horrible actor. The final straw was when he died of drug overdose. Why would you want to memoralize someone like that???

If you want to dedicate your website to someone, dedicate it to Mother Teresa, someone who is worthy of it.

commented: Yeah... elvis is horrible. +0
I say "do it!"

Why? Because life is short. Do the things you want to do (even if they make no sense to anyone else) because when you die ain't nobody standing there with you... unless maybe a whole lot of you died at once... I'm not really sure how it works, to be honest...

Anyways... do it!

And don't test your ideas out on forums because they're full of haters with too much time on their hands ^_^

Er... no offence, Ancient Dragon... :P

Do what you want with your own personal website. It's yours to do what you want with. If people want to visit because they like what you offer, then fine. If they don't like it, they don't have to come back.

I would agree. You clearly indicated that this is for personal use. Therefore, you only have to satisfy your personal needs. If you were intended on the site for public consumption, you would consider other things such as what your customers are interested in, costs, etc...

If you don't try it, you will always wonder about the success.

For those who don't think Elvis Presley was a good singer, go to YouTube and listen to these Elvis songs:

"Hurt"
"From Rags to Ritches"
"Stand by Me"
"Mama"

to name a few.

He was an underrated singer by many as they only heard songs like Jailhouse Rock or Hound Dog. Elvis also did a number of gospel songs and, in fact, his only three Grammy Awards were all for gospel songs he sang. He still has millions of fans all over the world who think he could sing a more variety of songs than most singers of today.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.