Well, let's get back to X-mas. So J.C. was born 25 december of the year 0, right?

No, he was most likely born in the spring because shephards don't herd their sheep in the middle of winter. The three kings didn't see Jesus in the manger either -- it probably took the three kings several years before they saw him. Afterall, you can't walk or ride a camel across the desert over night. Well, maybe you could if you had a really really fast camel. Also, there is no mention where those three kings came from. Three kings all from the same country -- doubtful.

Matthew says only that these visitors came from "the east." Scholars have speculated that they came from Persia, Arabia, or even India.

Three kings all from the same country -- doubtful.

Check out Belgium! And believe it or not, at the moment we have two kings and three queens!

I don't know a thing about it, but according to wiki there is only one king of the Belgiums (Philippe).

at the moment we have two kings and three queens!

Oh, I didn't know they were Mormons :)

There is of course only one king and queen in Belgium. But his father (Albert) and mother(Paola) still want to keep their title(but not the function), as does his aunt(Fabiola).

Member Avatar for Warrens80

"No, he was most likely born in the spring because shephards don't herd their sheep in the middle of winter. The three kings didn't see Jesus in the manger either -- it probably took the three kings several years before they saw him. Afterall, you can't walk or ride a camel across the desert over night. Well, maybe you could if you had a really really fast camel. Also, there is no mention where those three kings came from. Three kings all from the same country -- doubtful."

You are right. They didnt come see him until he was about three

Ancient dragon-Hey no. I am a mormon and we dont do that anymore. We only did because the lord commanded us too as too multiply our church. So please do not state anything about us if you do not know anything about.
Lds.org
Mormon.org
Check them out to learn more

Member Avatar for diafol

I am a mormon and we dont do that anymore

Even if you don't do that anymore. You used to - so the wisecrack still stands. I thought it was funny anyway. Are you saying that there are no polygamous marriages by Mormons in the USA? Strange, I saw a documentary about it a few years ago, where they were following the lives of a number of polygamous families.

If He really was born in Year 0, then it was a NULL event - he didn't exist.

Check them out to learn more

More than magic underpants and non-whites being descended from the evil side of the family tree? What more do I need to know?

Their not magic their simply undergarments and as for the non white thing. The lamanites were cursed because of their wickedness.

Aren't the undergarments seen as a source of protection from the evils of the world? Sounds like magic underpants to me. And I believe the Mormon Church teaches that native Americans are descended from the Lamanites so by extension that makes all native Americans wicked.

Member Avatar for diafol

Seems all the websites say Mormon polygamy died out about 120 years ago. Although:

Some sects that practice or at least sanction polygamy are the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Latter-day Church of Christ and the Apostolic United Brethren. Polygamy among these groups persists today in Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Canada, and other neighboring states, and the spin-off colonies, as well as up to 15,000 isolated individuals with no organized church affiliation...
The Salt Lake Tribune estimates there are as many as 37,000 fundamentalists, with less than half of them living in polygamous households... The LDS Church asserts that it is improper to call any of these splinter polygamous groups "Mormon."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy_in_North_America

Not knowing much about Mormonism, this...

The existence of a Lamanite nation has received no support within mainstream science or archaeology.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamanite

...seems to strike an all-too-familiar chord.

I've just read the stories on the LDS and bits of the book of Mormon. I shall not make a comment, or I may feel the need to issue another apology.

or I may feel the need to issue another apology.

That's OK. If it comes to that I can take this one just by quoting the source. It seemed to work in the other thread.

This snowman doesn't want to be in winter, he wants to be in the summer. He doesn't understand that snowmans melt in the summer. But this is an awesome song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFatVn1hP3o

Thank u and no reverend jim that wont work

Member Avatar for diafol

Scientology, Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm rather confused, or perhaps they were.

commented: Fer sher. +0

Santa or father Christmas represents St. Nicolas.. However the red coat comes from a Coca Cola advert... He used to be green

the red coat and hat are corruptions of the red robes, cloak, and myter of a catholic bishop.
St. Nicholas was just that, bishop of Myra (in modern day Turkey).
His saints day is 6 December, still celebrated in the Netherlands, Turkey, Belgium, and parts of Germany as a children's festival with presents being brought for them on the evening of the 5th, the good man sending his helpers down the chimneys in days prior to check whether the kids have been good during the preceding year.

If all that sounds pretty much like the SantaClaus stories, no surprise. They're adopted from that, then moved in time a few weeks to coincide with Christmas.

Well, it is time to plan for Christmas 2014!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.