Recommended Answers

All 34 Replies

I posted that on my facebook wall the other day.

I love how he slaps sense into him :D
I saw this on CNN, it was hilarious but seriosly, the drinking age should be increased... (my opinion)

Member Avatar for Warrens80

Too bad i can't watch it i am using a school issued ipad.

but seriosly, the drinking age should be increased... (my opinion)

Age doesn't equate to maturity, unfortunately.

Member Avatar for diafol

Dick just laughed. 5 DUIs and the guy is still allowed to drive? Shouldn't he have had a life ban or something?

If that prank were real, and I strongly doubt it was, asking about his daughter as a first priority was totally evidence of good character.

Age doesn't equate to maturity, unfortunately.

Yeah, but it decreases the amount of immature people driving... or they can increase the tax on it.

they can increase the tax on it.

Thus penalising everyone for a minority's mistakes?

is it real?

Thus penalising everyone for a minority's mistakes?

And exactly how is drunk people crashing into & killing innocent people, and drunk people beating their family members (alcohol is a contributor in a large number of domestic violence incidents) not a penalty for everyone?

I would rather pay with my dollar than pay with my life.

PS The health care costs of drunk drivers are borne by everyone already, so you have to pay a monetary penalty either way.

commented: exactly +0

@damle1, no it was real but they just tricked him thinking it was for years ;)

Ban alcohol -- Oh wait, we already tried that and it didn't work. Oh well, ban it again, along with tobacco, fast food, french fries, candy, ice cream, etc. because they are all bad for us and can kill us.

commented: All in! +0

Ban alcohol -- Oh wait, we already tried that and it didn't work. Oh well, ban it again, along with tobacco, fast food, french fries, candy, ice cream, etc. because they are all bad for us and can kill us.

I know right, why won't someone just ban these things? (in sarcastic voice)

Drink but just don't drive! Get someone who will not drink and they can drive you home. Simple!

Please don't ban alcohol hehe ;)

Perhaps we all should stop driving?
Driving a car pollutes the air with cancerogenic substances and fine dust, which in the end will kill us all.

Perhaps we all should stop driving?
Driving a car pollutes the air with cancerogenic substances and fine dust, which in the end will kill us all.

I rather enjoy driving, I pay the tax for it, so will continue to do it.

Most effective solution would be to pass a law implementing a new technology to test before starting the car.

Obviously a tad impracticle but would work.

Just got this in an email also, quite interesting.

Most effective solution would be to pass a law implementing a new technology to test before starting the car.

That technology already exists (Click here)

Had a feeling it might, but the laws do not

Member Avatar for diafol

Do we need self-tests? I see it as pretty black and white - don't drink and drive, simple. Don't drink copiously the night before you drive in the morning. Don't drink at all before driving.

The dick in the video got done for DUI 5 times. What the hell is he still doing walking around free? Surely the guy should be banged up for life? Drink responsibly, drive responsibly. If you can't act responsibly, then you deserve what you get. Hmmm, video superstardom if that pillock is anything to go by. :(

No rule can bann alcohal until people wont control himself.

Do we need self-tests?

Well, yes. I hear rumours about court ordered devices put in the cars of DUI offenders. The car won't start if the driver doesn't pass the test.

Member Avatar for diafol

Well, yes. I hear rumours about court ordered devices put in the cars of DUI offenders. The car won't start if the driver doesn't pass the test.

Why do they allow DUI offenders the right to drive?

Repeat offenders obviously don't give a fig and would find away around it easily. Borrow a car, get somebody else to blow into it (if a blowy thing), have a balloon of perviously exhaled air in the trunk for such situations...

Wasted money, bureaucracy and the political stance that "we're doing something about it". Doing something about it IMO would be DUI second offence = life ban from driving as well as 6 months in prison. Any further offences and you'd be looking at 5 years minimum. My 2p.

My uncle did a few years prison time for DUIs -- don't know how may DUIs he got before getting sent up the river.

Multiple DUI cases are quite common. In my area, there was a fellow with 11 DUI convictions, maybe upwards of 30 some arrests. He was known as Mr. DUI. Looke him up!

He died in a house fire, presumed to have started from cigarettes. Smoking Wile Intoxicated?

You can suspend their license, they'll still drive. You can revoke their license, they'll still drive. You can impound their car, they'll drive a friend's or family member's car. Short of locking them away forever, you can't stop the multiple DUI offender.

You can suspend their license, they'll still drive. You can revoke their license, they'll still drive. You can impound their car, they'll drive a friend's or family member's car. Short of locking them away forever, you can't stop the multiple DUI offender.

On the bright side, you can decrease the amount of those people...

Member Avatar for diafol

Short of locking them away forever, you can't stop the multiple DUI offender.

The answer's simple then.

The answer might be simple (lock them up forever), but the available resources are not. Where are you going to put them? Why should they get free room and boasrd (in prison)? In USA we alreasy have too many prisons and too many people in prison for petty crimes, such as drug users.

Maybe a better solution is to reinstate the firing squad and just shoot them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.