Hello everyone! My name is Ainis, I am 15 years old. I want to announce that I am starting a new project called "Learning Programming In 2 Years". I got inspired by LethalFrag who just completed his 2 Year Livestream. Main goal of this is to show people how hard and how easy it is to learn programming. To understand what problems you can encourage while you are learning and it should be really fun and interesting to follow my progress and help me to move forward. I am going to be programming with C#, later going to jump to XNA, and lastly going to start with MonoGame, because it is cross-platform, and I know that linux community wants new developers and indie games! Now I am going to tell you all my backstory how I got into programming.

When I was young I wasn't even thinking about programming, I was just playing games and going outside with friends, that was my childhood, I bet a lot of people had same childhood like me, but anyway, I had a good pc at that moment, when suddenly it broke. I was 11~12 at that moment. After one year without computer I finally got a computer, but it was so slow that you guys might not believe. Here are specifications: Intel 700 Mhz, 128 MB Video Card, 384 MB RAM, 80 GB HDD. At that moment I wasn't playing any games, just using it for work, like Word, Powerpoint, Facebook. One day I thought how games are made, and I went to my pc and started researching, after 1~3 days of researching I understood that firstly I have to do very basic steps, only then go deep into game programming, but I didn't do that. I was jumping through programming languages and without motivation leaving them, sometimes I thought that programming was not for me... Then I was like 14 years old. After month I told myself that I can do this and I can make games! I was programming for like one month or two, until I realised I need to grow up a little bit and maybe I will understand everything better, because I wanted to understand everything I write. I hated tutorials that says you just need to do like this, after that I left programming once again. Few weeks later I got a new powerful laptop, sadly it was HP DV6000 (If you don't know what is wrong with I am going to explain here. There is a bug in all HP DV6000, architects of it made a big mistake that causes your GPU to overheat). When I got this pc I was playing all the time. At the very end of my HP death I started messing around with unity but that was unfortunate, because my laptop died... I came back to my old one, then I started programming with C++/C#. At that time I understood everything I was watching, for example: Pointers, OOP, Virtual functions, Polymorphisms, Inheritance, but I got lazy and left programming again... Few months later I got laptop that I am using at this moment, before this laptop I bought low end tablet, where I started using terminal (There is a really awesome program that lets you use full terminal like Linux), started programming with tablet.

I will tell you all one more thing about this project. What laptops, tablet I am using. Well I have three machines, two laptops and one tablet. There is main laptop, old laptop, and for fun tablet biggrin.png. I use main laptop to develop everything. My Old laptop is like a book, or for nightly developments(I can't use my main laptop because he doesn't have battery + his AC adapter is working bad) and I use my tablet for email, twitch, youtube, music, and for some programming as well, recently a new app was released called C# Compiler REPL or something like that. It is really nice, it has lots of functions and stuff!

Well that is it. Here is a backstory of my road into programming, it was a hard road, and tough. Now I understand myself better, and I know problems of mine. Anyways, if you read everything I am really thankful that you read everything, sorry if it was too long for you to read and sorry that my English isn't that great, my English is not a native language and I am still a 15 years old boy. So support me on twitter/youtube/blogger and follow my progress! I would love if some of you guys could give me some advices or advertise my project, because I am starting from barebones, from scratch, that would inspire me a lot! smile.png

Links:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheScriptan

Blog: http://thescriptan.blogspot.com/

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScriptan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello and welcome.

Welcome Ainis

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.