In my home state, State of California we have some really crazy laws if not dumb or stupid laws. Here are some of the few.

Please rate the IQ LEVEL of the legislature who wrote or proposed the law. IQ levels are measured between profound mental disability 1 and profoundly gifted 180.

1. California prison workers will no longer be allowed to have sex with inmates.

Duh, that's given unless worker is pretty disperate. IQ LEVEL: 10

It’s unlawful to let a dog pursue a bear or bobcat at any time.

That's crazy, poor dogs they can no longer do what they do best. IQ LEVEL: 2

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

So, I guess whale don't deserve any respect at all. IQ LEVEL : 1

Women may not drive in a house coat.

This is insane, what is the difference between a house coat and a church coat? IQ LEVEL : 2

Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

That is why they are called animals. They don't know what the difference between public and private settings. IQ LEVEL : 0

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Here is another one from Blythe California.. this should be rated as IQ LEVEL: -180

You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.

Carmel, California

A man can’t go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.

So, I guess NO GEEKS are allowed in Carmel. IQ LEVEL: -175

Arcadia, California

Peacocks have the right of way to cross any street, including driveways.

Peacocks are really special in Arcadia. IQ LEVEL: 2

Chico, California

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.

So, they think they can still collect the $500 dollars fine, after the detonation. IQ LEVEL: -180

Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

Lol, this is especially dumb considering that human beings are animals too... "tavern", "school", "place of worship"... that's not even the kinkiest public places to mate!

Here are some stupid laws from my neck of the woods (Quebec, Canada):

Margarine producers can't make their margarine yellow.

Yeah, because it's really important that fake butter doesn't look too real.

It is illegal to curse in any language other than French.

Fuck! I broke that law! Send me to jail!

It is considered an offense to have more than two colors of paint on your house. (Beaconsfield )

Yeah... that should teach those hippies with all their colors..

You may not park a car in such a way that it is blocking your own driveway.

Want to park in your own driveway? No, you can't, 'cause that would block it! Park elsewhere... maybe your neighbor's driveway.

The Queen Elizabeth Hotel must feed your horse freely when you rent a room.

I sincerely hope someone tried to show up at that hotel with a horse and have it fed... the look on the hotel staff's faces would be priceless.

lol, I thought these dumb laws only exist in my state :).

In Los Angeles, california

It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent.

Honey, can we use 3 incher this time, pretty please ? lol :). Honestly, regardless of the strap size it is a beating and should be illegal...

Pacific Grove, California

It is illegal to molest butterflies.

I don't get it. Who would try to molest butterflies?

Long Beach, California

It is illegal to curse on a mini-golf course.

it's okay to curse in the big golf course.

Redlands, California

Motor vehicles may not drive on city streets unless a man with a lantern is wallking ahead of it.

Oops, this law can really hurt someone.

San Francisco, California

It is illegal to wipe one’s car with used underwear.

Brand New does makes a lot of sense :).

Persons classified as “ugly” may not walk down any street.

No wonder, nobody wants to be called ugly in San Francisco :).

Not all of those are so dumb, when you consider the context and time.

Women may not drive in a house coat.

This is insane, what is the difference between a house coat and a church coat? IQ LEVEL : 2

A house coat is a robe, as in what you wear over your pajamas. We have to have some standards.

Margarine producers can't make their margarine yellow.

Yeah, because it's really important that fake butter doesn't look too real.

Originally, all margarine came with some yellow coloring that the end user had to add. This was to prevent confusion by the consumer. Well, probably also a consession to the dairy industry, who naturally had a vested interest in preserving their market.

It is illegal to molest butterflies.

I don't get it. Who would try to molest butterflies?

The Monarch butterflies in Pacific Grove are a pretty big deal, a big tourist attractions.

Persons classified as “ugly” may not walk down any street.

No wonder, nobody wants to be called ugly in San Francisco :).

So how does Nancy Pelosi get away with it?

California prison workers will no longer be allowed to have sex with inmates.

Duh, that's given unless worker is pretty disperate. IQ LEVEL: 10

Similar rules are needed for psychologists and other medical professionals, any situation where people are in regular contact with each other will see some romantic relationships form. Lots of inmates can be in there for relatively minor infractions (particularly if they are poor and connot pay the fines which would be more typical punishments) such as possession of marijuana.

It’s unlawful to let a dog pursue a bear or bobcat at any time.

That's crazy, poor dogs they can no longer do what they do best. IQ LEVEL: 2

I know several people who still used dogs for hunting - mainly raccoons or birds these days since most large predators are protected - but dogs were commonly used to hunt bears and wildcats. In addition lots of people take their dogs to national parks and let them run off-leash, not keeping these dogs undercontrol and letting them chase the wildlife can be dangerous for all involved. Even just chasing sensitive wildlife can be detrimental as it causes stress, disrupts hunting/feeding/mating, etc...

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

So, I guess whale don't deserve any respect at all. IQ LEVEL : 1

It's impossible to hunt whales not in a moving vehicle (aka boat). Whereas wolves and bears have been hunted from helicopters as well as on foot.

It is considered an offense to have more than two colors of paint on your house. (Beaconsfield )

Good thing the city I live doesn't have that law.
As per the building codes I am required to use a specific set of colours, I think it's 7 of them for various parts of the house (front door, door frame, windows, window frames, front wall, back wall, window sills, roof line, all have prescribed colours).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.