:d

Seems like no matter how many times I change my passwords on my AOL account my GF continues to gain access to my account....She uses the same computer as me but I dont store my pass word or anything and I cant figure how she gets in.....
Dont have nothing to hide but it just aggravates me lol and puzzles me at the same time....lol:lol:

i found a program the other day that will display any words or numbers entered in the `password` field of forms and websites, its free and will hide it-self amung other programs, the other is that she has the master screen name, therefore she can change your password, you could always try to lower her privelages and starting her a hacking career? :lol:

i came here hoping to find an answer to my question thinking this was some sort of techie site. however all i found were guys talking about their girlfriends. any chance i could get an anser to the question i asked????

commented: Sure, if you ask a proper question in the proper place, and not dig up year old threads just to puke on it -2

What question? That was your first post so you posted no question before that.

theres a file that stores all your information from instant messaging in a certain file. She could be just going to that file and looking it up.

Thats interesting i didnt know that.....

What file is it my friend?? (Ill look in mine and see if mine is there)

Welcome to Daniweb :)

maybe your GF is using asterisk key 8.0 - run or loading the logging system..

Wow, people like revising this ancient thread.

I'll tell you I've seen s.w.i.m. use tools hardly several kilobytes to bring up all sorts of stored crap(on older versions anyway).
Don't use AOL unless necessary, it bloats everything up beyond belief anyway.

theres a file that stores all your information from instant messaging in a certain file. She could be just going to that file and looking it up.

I now delete all temp files created by AIM after i use it,so if the info is in one of them,i clear it out after use :)

AOL is crap anyway.

And this thread is from March 2004

What file is it my friend?? (Ill look in mine and see if mine is there)

I do not know about AOL but if you use Pidgin/Gaim (which is a good chance if you use the GNome desktop environment on ''linux ) and tell it to save passwords, it saves them in plain text in a file called account.xml in your home directory, the same is applicable to its windows version too.
Ever since then I have stopped saving my passwords on it.

yeah but that person still has to get access to your home directory.

If you are sensible no regular users should have read permissions on it, and it should be encrypted

you need a keyboard first. Then you type in their password and click enter.

coming from someone who routinely is into new aim screen names, i have some insight for you op.

it could be social engineering, very easy to do if you know how to mumble.

could also be a keylogger, but i doubt that.

tbh the easiest way to steal someones password is to just do 'forgot pw', on the aol web site, it will ask you some question that your gf probally knows (like the name of your first school or something), or if thats not it, it asks for an email address, which she can put in AND IF THATS NOT IT, it'll ask for your bday.

but yeah thats how miley and paris hilton got hacked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.