This is just too good not to share with everyone.

The only reason coders' computers work better than non-coders' computers is coders know computers are schizophrenic little children with auto-immune diseases and we don't beat them when they're bad.

From Programming Sucks. A must-read.

pritaeas commented: Brilliant +0

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

That page has been floating around my Facebook news feed today.

For my first 2 years or so of professional programming I was a one-person shop. I did the conception, design, coding, debugging and integration. I didn't know how good I had it until I took a job that involved other programmers and (shudder) engineers. The above article was just as true in the 1980s as it is today.

For your first 2 years? Welcome to my entire career ;)

The good part is there is never a problem making decisions (and you can still get advice from other people - you just don't have to take it). The bad part is there is no one else to blame when things go into the toilet. Here's a quote from the workplace...

I didn't say it was your fault. I just said I was blaming you.

Especially liked the Brain part. :)

Can I help it that a computer language is called with a name, forbidden to speak out here? Well just google brain + a 4 letter word beginning with f.
So in the above post, my link got somehow changed. Not that I mind that BTW

yes, beating your computer is counter productive. Whipping however...

Hating might be better than whipping.

Maybe ignoring for a few hours is good enough punishment.

Unlike people, you can turn the computer off.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.