Member Avatar for diafol

Not bad for a first tattoo, people usually go smaller. Good choice of design :)

Thanks. The original design was a lot smaller, but it didn't go even half way around my arm :( He blew it up and stretched it a bit, but it was still too small. Then when he changed it again, it was too big for his printer. I was having kittens by this point. I had visions of him printing it out on a roll of wallpaper. Os course as the length increased, so did the width.

The inside of the bicep usually hurts like hell.

Aww ####. It was all going well and all of a sudden I thought the gun had shot the full length of the needle into my arm by mistake. When Jay didn't say a word and carried on, it hit me - this is normal. I thought tough thoughts and told myself it was nothing. After twenty minutes of it I was crying for my mum.

DON'T PICK THE SCABS!

Right. I've been given an aftercare sheet, and like your advice, it's in BLOCK CAPS - DON'T PICK THE SCABS.

What scabs? Nobody told me about any scabs! Nor the moisturising 4 times a day or any of the other stuff. Sneaky.

Can't wait for the next one, but I'm hiding it from the kids for now. I want to get used to it first before they start doing the 'what the hell have you done to yourself, dad - you sad idiot' bit. :)

It's part of the healing process. You'll have one huge fragmented scab. In fact, the whole tattoo will be a scab. The worst bit is feeling the itch and resisting the urge to scratch, which will lead to picking the scabs. In two weeks it will all be over, mwahahahahahaha

Alan, if you hated the inner bicep inking then don't get anything that goes up into your armpit, on your throat or your head for that matter. They are much, much worse. Nice ink!

Oh, and: wuss!!! :)

Member Avatar for diafol

Alan, if you hated the inner bicep inking then don't get anything that goes up into your armpit, on your throat or your head for that matter.

Why the #### would I want to do that? That's for seriously sick masochistic pain junkies. I do pain like anybody else - and I get pleasure from it sometimes, but 30 minutes on my inner bicep was enough to make me puke.

Nice ink!

Heh - thanks. Still getting used to it. Too late to worry about it now. :)

Oh, and: wuss!!! :)

Heh. I'll tell my mum on you.

Sissy!! I have one on my shoulder blade, one on my back, right ON the spine, and one on my hip. They hurt like hell because I'm a skinny girl, but I braved them better than many men. Tattoo artist said it himself and congratulated me :P

So... when is your next tattoo?

Member Avatar for diafol

So... when is your next tattoo?

Tomorrow - I'm gonna get some on the inside of my eyelids and under my fingernails. That'll show you who's a sissy. Failing that, I'll wait until all these terrible afflictions of scabs and whatnot pass and then have a think about what the hell I've done to myself.

Maybe you should choose something real badass next time. Say... a Hello Kitty on your toe? :P

Without doubt my most painful was the throat, hour and a bit of agony was that - had to stop for a 10 minute break after 40. The armpit was pretty bad, spine as you say, and the head although that was also weord what with the vibrations through the skull and the odd sound that makes :)

I have one to be done on the ribcage side. I have a feeling it's going to be a painful one. Now, all I need is the money.

Diafol, here's some inspiration for your next tattoo :)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Very nice. It'll probably scab up and become raised. I remember bricking it but don't pick it...and it will go nice and flat. Arm sleeve tattoos are tempting.

Member Avatar for diafol

I like the "V for Vendetta" chest piece - not that I'd go for it myself though. The geometry/rubik's one is interesting too.

I think the rest would get old quite quickly. I am thinking of getting another one - have only had good comments about this one so far.

My nephew had a tattoo done in 2009 that he said was extremely painful. The artist got halfway through and asked if he wanted to wait until the next day to complete it. The response was "If I get out of this chair there is no way you'll ever get me back into it."

31d99f70c037d387cbe8be6914a3aa2b

That looks painful. Great job, too!

Two of mine. I'm not sure if I should post pics of my other tattoos :P

aa085168c7cba2975082f3b865541f98

8402b77cc307e2954091e8826f83e45a

commented: nice! especially the skull one +0
Member Avatar for diafol

Two of mine. I'm not sure if I should post pics of my other tattoos :P

Oh go on! It's art after all. ;)

commented: ahahah +0

A very small taster of some of my ink...

Part of my head work

1479bd2819f1a31884a7246b2c7dba3b

My throat

d590fa4f669011c4877f8dd54c64a11f

Backpiece

3b098b251f322b0829e3e06312b3b04e

Left hand

81710853731d74b39641299b717cf2d5

Right hand fingers, top set (more on lower knuckles) b01935ef8f1c3c30fc8c9fbe058d61e2

commented: I love that head piece :) +0
commented: That is a lot of ink... +0

A small taster? Oh, my...

Hehe. I also have:

More on lower left side of head, hands/fingers (double knuckle ink on both and thumbpads), wrists, full sleeves on both arms (extending into pits) chest work.

I am still a work in progress, after 30 years of inking. Going to get some coloured background behind the backpiece to lift it a little, both legs are bare canvas so really need to think about them, and am itching to go for a top of the head design at some point. Oh, and I have some free space both sides of the neck but my beard is getting quite long now and even with the beading in I'm not sure if it's worth inking there.

commented: beards are badass, leave it be :) +0

That's a lot of ink, Diafol will have a hard time catching up with you.

I have one on each wrist, one on each arm (forearm? above the wrists?), one on each shoulder, two on my back, one on the left side of the stomach, one on the left ankle and one of the right calf. My goal was having 13 tattoos, but at the rate I'm going, I'll have a lot more :)

PS: someone will have to change the topic title to "Member tattoos" at some point, hihihi

Member Avatar for diafol

Nothing against the tattoo aside. Here are some gigs I'm thinking about...

Black Stone Cherry with Airboune and Theory of a Deadman: Cardiff Tue 28th Oct
Download Festival: Donnington Sat 14th Jun (although I'd rather go Fri or Sun)
Planet Rockstock: Trecco Bay, Porthcawl 5th-8th Dec

Anybody going to some good gigs coming up, or just seen something good?

There's a goth festival coming up in August but I still don't know if I can go. If I do go, it will be for the photographic side, I don't really care about the bands this year.

Lau - Halifax
James - Leeds
Misfits - Leeds
Pearl Jam - Leeds
Kings of Leon - Manchester
Dead Kennedys - Newcastle
Dickies - Newcastle

Happygeek, you should get some ink done on your legs... i see people doing pieces on their calves more often now a days.

If (or rather when, if I'm being honest as ink is such an addiction) I get my legs done the design will be a full 'leg sleeve' for both right and left. I have to have symmetry in all things (OCD tendencies) and I like the idea of going big and putting that large blank canvas area to good use :)

My tattoos are equal to the null set
Quite happy with that, I already saw and still see enough hospital needles to fulfill my needs at that point. :)

I used to be really needle-phobic as a kid, and teenager. Then I got ill with Viral Encephalitis, ended up in hospital for best part of a year and soon had to learn to accept needles as an everyday part of my life.

I admit that I may have taken that acceptance into a very unlikely realm over the years though.

So happygeek... if your interested in going big and having symmetry for your ink, why not look like this guy :D

commented: that's just nasty +0
Member Avatar for diafol

Urgh - the hills have eyes!

Hey diafol, if you want your first tattoo, be mainstream and get a tattoo that says, "I heart mom" :)

commented: he's got one already, silly +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.