The title kind of says it all really: if you have a blog here at DaniWeb why do you use it, and why don't you use it more. If you don't have one, what's stopping you from starting?

No hidden agenda, other than as the 'Staff Blogger' I'm interested in stirring up some debate so as to try and get some more interest in the blogging facility here. If there are things that need to change, then please don't feel backward in coming forward with your criticism and ideas.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

If you don't have one, what's stopping you from starting?

Well I guess I can't make the commitment of writing something down daily or at a decent frequency. And of course there is the slight problem of not having anything exciting to write about also. I tried keeping a diary, but that didnt work out either. But I really like reading other people's blogs(and other people's diaries if I manage to get my hands on them :-| ). Of course there is the Daniweb blog which you have been contributing to a lot, and I really like your articles too. And some external blogs in the web. Guess it is a personality trait. Some just blog while the others do not.

While I love reading blogs.... I just don't blog to the community of bloggers.

blogs don't interest me at ALL in any. I don't know why, but I find the concept to be very weird. I'd rather write a tutorial or do something constructive.

I will say that Davey's writings aren't pointless.... it helps to keep me up to date on situations that I don't have the time to research.... some people, who write blogs merely about themselves, and have no concept of anything else.... yeah, that's a different story.

Of course there is the Daniweb blog which you have been contributing to a lot, and I really like your articles too.

Agreed.

I guess I don't have one because I don't got much meaning in the writing I do have. Therefore, having one would be a waste of server space :(

You guys are a big group of uncreative people!

You guys are a big group of uncreative people!

*Looks smugly at Dani*

I'm too busy (and don't have enough to say that people would be interested in) to write regularly so a blog is pointless.

*Looks smugly at Dani*

... and I mean that in only the most loving of ways.:mrgreen:

I suppose I don't write one because

1. I wouldn't know what to talk about
2. I'm too darned lazy to actually write one

However, I do look forward to reading people's blogs. Keeps me informed of what's going on in the tech world.

1. Talk about what you know - it doesn't have to be tech related, after all.

2. Post when you have the time - it doesn't have to be every day, nor every week even.

Who knows, others may end up looking as forward to reading your blog as you do theirs...

You're right. I actually did start a blog at BlogSpot, but I gave up on the idea. Somehow, the idea of blogs never really appealed to me. But you can be sure that when I find a topic I feel strongly about, I'll write about it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.